893 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework folder is sent to us every Monday, we have a full week to return it. Usually a page a day. Enough for the kids to practice and no get tired.

It is my daughters first year in a public shool. She is blessed to be Ms. Prelli's student. I like the school, the staff, communication is good. Ms. Prelli is a great teacher, my daughter tells me she loves her all the time. And I love her too.

Extremely disorganized, rude reception staff, vice-principal is rude to the parents. School does nothing to provide quality assistance to both parents and children. The only person that has assisted my child in every aspect with respect and sincere concern has been Ms. Venegas. I can't say the same about everybody else. Looking to transfer my son to another school ASAP.

The vice principal is so rude disrespectful too parents. My child change schools this year this would be his second week at his new school so far my child loves it. I feel my child will be better and learn better at the new school.

Not happy with the kindergarten teacher my grandson has this year. Does not communicate well between home and school. Always tells us about the negative behavior and never says anything good about his day. Hasn't had a one on one conference with us and the first nine weeks session is over. Contacted administration about some issues with this teacher and didn't even get any response from them till I sent a second email a few days later and they said it was still in their draft folder. Not very professional. Never told us what was done about the situation just that they talked to her. Haven't seen any changes since emails went out. Uses a sticker chart and sends home for it to be signed but you have no clue why he received the stickers or for what . Should be telling us about the chart and how he earned the stickers as we can't reinforce positive behavior or praise for the day at home. Very horrible first experience for my daughter and myself. New to this district and doesn't give us a good impression of how things are being run.

Great school !!! Left for a 1/2 semester and had to return. Was not pleased with my change.. Hammock has the staff that truly love what they do!!! My Daughter is very happy in her environment and that makes me one happy parent. Thank You Hammock Point

My first child attended this school 15 years ago and I was so pleased with the quality and care that I am looking to move back to this area to educate my 2nd child. South Florida is a difficult area to raise a child and the staff of this school made it much easier. Thank you

Great School. this school is very involved with the my child's education, the teacher quality is 100%

This is in response to the parent who wrote a review on May 9, 2013. The parent said, "the neighbors think they own the street." I respectfully disagree with this statement. I attended Hammock Pointe Elementary School when it first opened 20 years ago. My family lived in the neighborhood across the street (our town house faced the school). Instead of properly waiting in the pickup line, parents would illegally park in our development - on the grass, the curb, and in our assigned parking spots. They did not pay attention to the students walking home from school. I don't know if this is the neighborhood you are referring to. If so, the neighbors do "own the street" inside the development. Are there other neighborhoods that were built since that time? I am just writing about my family's personal experience.

The teachers are wonderful. The picking up line it's terrible! You cannot do u turns and the neighbors think they own the street. When a student need ESE , it's never tested unless parents request it, or scream on school board. They are raising their school level and kids are not following. School it's overcrowded . No many clubs for kids, and the ones they have are not offered to all.

Last modified Hammock Pointe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.