Hammock Pointe Elementary School 1

Posted October 21, 2014
Not happy with the kindergarten teacher my grandson has this year. Does not communicate well between home and school. Always tells us about the negative behavior and never says anything good about his day. Hasn't had a one on one conference with us and the first nine weeks session is over. Contacted administration about some issues with this teacher and didn't even get any response from them till I sent a second email a few days later and they said it was still in their draft folder. Not very professional. Never told us what was done about the situation just that they talked to her. Haven't seen any changes since emails went out. Uses a sticker chart and sends home for it to be signed but you have no clue why he received the stickers or for what . Should be telling us about the chart and how he earned the stickers as we can't reinforce positive behavior or praise for the day at home. Very horrible first experience for my daughter and myself. New to this district and doesn't give us a good impression of how things are being run.

Posted August 18, 2014
Great school !!! Left for a 1/2 semester and had to return. Was not pleased with my change.. Hammock has the staff that truly love what they do!!! My Daughter is very happy in her environment and that makes me one happy parent. Thank You Hammock Point

Posted August 17, 2014
My first child attended this school 15 years ago and I was so pleased with the quality and care that I am looking to move back to this area to educate my 2nd child. South Florida is a difficult area to raise a child and the staff of this school made it much easier. Thank you

Posted April 08, 2014
Great School. this school is very involved with the my child's education, the teacher quality is 100%

Hammock Pointe Elementary School 4

Posted May 12, 2013
This is in response to the parent who wrote a review on May 9, 2013. The parent said, "the neighbors think they own the street." I respectfully disagree with this statement. I attended Hammock Pointe Elementary School when it first opened 20 years ago. My family lived in the neighborhood across the street (our town house faced the school). Instead of properly waiting in the pickup line, parents would illegally park in our development - on the grass, the curb, and in our assigned parking spots. They did not pay attention to the students walking home from school. I don't know if this is the neighborhood you are referring to. If so, the neighbors do "own the street" inside the development. Are there other neighborhoods that were built since that time? I am just writing about my family's personal experience.

Hammock Pointe Elementary School 2

Posted May 09, 2013
The teachers are wonderful. The picking up line it's terrible! You cannot do u turns and the neighbors think they own the street. When a student need ESE , it's never tested unless parents request it, or scream on school board. They are raising their school level and kids are not following. School it's overcrowded . No many clubs for kids, and the ones they have are not offered to all.

Hammock Pointe Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2013
They waited until end of the year to send red flags. Parents are not welcome in the school

Posted August 24, 2012
i was a student at hammock ponit since 2nd grade and i just graduated 5th grade and im so happy i came to this school all the teachers are wonderful and the staff is polite and very nice. I love this school and i recommend this school to everyone. the best teacher in 5th is Mr.Burrage... i miss him so much.

Posted October 04, 2011
A very supportive staff has helped both my sons, one of which who might be autistic. Teachers are good and both my sons are doing great

Posted April 18, 2010
My child goes to this school and she has been bringing home so much information and learning material it has been great. They really inform parents.

Hammock Pointe Elementary School
8400 Southwest 8th Street, Boca Raton, FL  33433
Last modified Hammock Pointe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hammock Pointe Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top