901 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Our teacher was good,she definitely went above and beyond.

Child pickup situation is chaotic and dangerous...hour long waits are the norm. School doesn't seem to care about the safety of the kids waiting outside for up to an hour in the intense Florida August afternoons of 100+ heat index. I witnessed two near accidents in the road out front. Schools should be about safety first. Not at J.C. Mitchell.

All of my daughters have attended this school. The teachers are very caring and highly qualified. It is truly a gem. Why pay for private school?

I'm a grandparent of a fabulous four year old boy who happens to be autistic. He's in the pre k program there. If I could give 10 stars to the staff there I would. He has made amazing strides in language and social skills the past seven months. He loves going to school and loves his teachers. You couldn't possibly pay enough to get any better care and results. My only complaint is with the Palm Beach County school system that makes it so hard to get a child in the program, in spite of the fact that they are obligated by law to provide these services to children from age three. That part is a nightmare but not the responsibility of the specific school. I'm surprised that they haven't been sued for their lack of responsiveness and adherence to the law!

My daughter loves this school. She is in kindergarten so it is her first year, but it is a good start.

Is only one teacher in this school that I think or a lot of parent think that shoulod be TEACHING in any school, she is in first grade, she is mean treat kid bad and is not a good example for them. I hope this message is good for more than one person out there. So far the others teacher that the school has, are very good, exelent ways to teach and good control of them selfs. Also the staff at the office, very rude and not helpfull at all.

We are the grandparents of a first grader at JCM .We have been privileged to partake in 2 concerts (Mr. Ken) Super!, award classes,aftercare pickups. We have met the teachers ,Principal and MS. Marie, and Ms Lisa. Everyone is top notch. We live out of state and look forward always to greet everyone. All students are treated with such respect. Parents could never expect to have better role models for their beloved children.

I have 2 children at JCM. We love this school. The faculty is supportive and sensitive to needs of all the children. There is a real sense of family within the school. The technology available in the classrooms is breathtaking.

I have two children that go to JC Mitchell. Over the past 5 years of being involved with the school, I have the upmost respect for the staff and the teachers at JC Mitchell and could not be happier with the quality of the education that my children are receiving. Also, the clubs that JC Mitchell offers the students are great and several to choose from.The music club puts on two school performances each year that are wonderful. JC Mitchell keep up the good work!

My daughter, Valen, is in the ESE program and Ms. Fusari is her teacher. Last year she began school there Oct. 30. Since Valen has been at JC Mitchell, she has come out of her shell. I am so thankful to the teachers and staff for taking such a great intrest in really teaching and not babysitting my 'special' girl. I would tell everyone who has a special needs child to enroll at JC Mitchell. Your school and teachers make the biggest difference in my childs life.

Last modified J. C. Mitchell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.