Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Disagree

also a joke question cause the homework sometimes is like what, i have a job afterschool boo, are you gonna pay me? no youre not so why are you doing this

Develops character: Strongly disagree

i feel like a good majority of this school is very unfair to the rest of the kids who arent those super smart all A kids, those are the kids that theyre scared will sue the school, or atleast thats how they act. everyone else it is immediate punishment you dont even get a chance to talk

Our daughter attended Spanish River H.S. and received an excellent education preparing her for college. The teachers truly care about the students and their education. They are easily accessible for counseling and classwork. The school has a great curriculum, with numerous AP classes, sports, etc. It was a great experience, not only in her education but in developing many great friendships. When selecting a high school, we researched the schools in the area and Spanish River was highly rated and highly recommended. When our daughter graduated she was accepted to several universities. She continued her education at one of the top universities in the country, due to the excellent educational background she received. Highly recommend this school!!

Our daughter perform very well due to the overall environment, wonderful teachers and peer group...we were always keep informed of her progress and needs...she commented that considering her friends at other local schools she thinks her Spanish River experience was superior...her grades and acceptance at top colleges seem to support her conclusions...she did work very hard to achieve these results since learning did not come easy for her

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I attended Spanish river high school last year and I can tell you from an honest prospective that this school is a horrific school to attend. They call it a college prep school which when I asked what that meant to my teachers they said that it meant we treat you as if your an adult, which I soon learned that this resulted in teachers being able to give you a lot of work with out teaching us the material and not be obligated to help you with it at all, just give you the grade. My AP "Assistant Principle" goes by the name Mr.Markwardt he doesn't go by the rules, he practically acts like he owns the place he will go out of his way to get you in trouble. I would never wish him to be apart of any school that has kids in it since it's obvious this man should not be around kids. It almost seems like his objective for the day is to pick on you and get you in trouble. He has even cursed at me in his office before and threatened me. The school officer just sits around all day with Mr.Markwardt doing what ever they please to do, those too people together are practically untouchable. The school favors its Advanced Placement program and leaves the kids in regular classes or intensive classes with no funding what's so ever. I had multiple teachers each year that do not teach you a single thing and if you call up to complain about it they simply tell you "They have been here for over 10 years so there's nothing we can legally do about it" knowing that that's the response you get about a teacher not doing their job should instantly get you an idea about what kind of school Spanish River High School is. If I can give any helpful advice in my life it would be to save you or your child from going to this horrific place they call a "School" please take this into consideration cause I wish no one to make the same mistake I made when choosing what school to go to. Call the women that work at suit A for information about the school and just by the way they treat you, you will know what I mean by when I say this school isn't a school you would wish on anybody to attend.

You either have money and belong to the cool group with showoff expensive cloth or your looked down upon. Too much homework in each class that keeps my son working tell 12 or 1 am and then getting up by 6 am. Worst part is that education is not all that and the teachers don't care about you. Very clickish school. not impressed, go some where else.

This is one of the worst schools I have ever encountered. Rare are the teachers that care for the development of the young person. There are a few great teachers here, but not the majority. The parents are like a crazy club that wants to recreate their own high school. The PTA collects money relentlessly for their own social events, and very little goes into the education. The kids are mean to each other, unless their parents are wealthy. You need to invest in the top designers for your kids' wardrobe, and they are proud of this fact. The level of drama amongst the student body and the parents is unbelievable. The front office staff often do not know what is going on, and are rude to parents and students alike. We survived, but it was a nightmare.

This is the absolute WORST SCHOOL IN THE WORLD. the administraters don't care and they barely help your child prepare for college. The teachers are rude and the campus is filthy. Don't even get me started about the women at the suite a help desk.... By far the most vile disgusting women I have ever come to contact with. I DO NOT recommend this bratty school.

We couldn t be happier with Spanish River. My son is a freshman, and has had so many opportunities to get involved in clubs, and sports. He has enthusiastic teachers, an excellent guidance counselor, and a great group of friends. Why would anyone look at private?

Zero tolerance to bad behaviors , wide range of AP classes,Excellent teachers specially for APs .....We couldn't ask for a better school. For ounce I feel I'm getting my tax money's worth when it comes to education.

Last modified Spanish River Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.