894 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Not a good school. Very disappointed. The principal doesn't pay attention to parent requests or problems with teachers.

Signed up for information on this school and got a request for a rating in my email so here goes. We were excited to start this year at Verde after moving here from another state. Have two boys that attend the school in grades first and third. The academics are ok so far but I feel there is too much homework in terms of busywork. The teachers are ok. I looked through the ratings and noticed a few other comments I wanted to reply to. Have not seen bullying from students or teachers nor rats thankfully. The vice principal I have not met but the principal was not the most friendly but it was a brief conversation at the end of the day. He seemed impatient though. The front office staff was ok. They were alot friendlier at my sons other school. The school is really overcrowded in relation to where my kids attended before. I have never seen trailers at a school before. The school is not very visually appealing. That parent has a point. Its takes some getting used to with the entrances being outside to most of the classroom areas. Its a very weird set up and layout for a school. Maybe its normal for this area. The lunchroom is loud but there are alot of kids. Can't rate aftercare or the bus. However, I will say the car rider line was a NIGHTMARE at the beginning of the year but has improved alot. I was concerned about the car rider line safety also just because it was so busy. I spoke with another parent and she told me there was an incident awhile ago with a child being struck by a car in the line but it was isolated. Maybe that is what the parent is referencing in their rating. We have not joined the PTO so I can't comment there. Its an ok school so far.

This school is beyond awesome! I took my daughter from DelPrado to Verde elementary and what a HUGE blessing. I could see the difference in my daughter's academics, the best move that we could've made for our 1st grader. This school leaves NO child behind.

I have read some of the 1-star ratings on this site for Verde and the things said are simply not true. Some of the false statements are things like the school is old, the car dropoff is dangerous. These are simply not true. From reading the complaints, the 1-star ratings are coming from one person who is writing numerous times and are either very angry with the school, or our from other schools and trolling here to make negative news. This school is tops and we moved from California specifically to Boca Raton and good schools and Verde has not disappointed. Academics are not easy but that is good, not bad. The car dropoff and pickup are super safe and the school facilities are a number one.

Its my daughters First year there and the kindergarten teacher, Ms. Householder is amazing and caring, the after care is great and very friendly, very helpful.

First, no parent concern is silly. Changes in classroom placements are major changes that impact academics. The principal/assistant principal do need to learn how to manage their emotions in a professional environment. It is not what they are saying in so much as the tone of how they are saying it. And yes, covering up the tattoo is considered professional (not silly) in a work environment. It is a school, not a bar. The school is old/overpopulated and the security fences are an eyesore. The car rider line is a nightmare and downright scary and dangerous. Some of the teachers, not all, need to improve their tone as well. If you want respect from the kids then you have to set an example. And no, the principal does not always speak in an appropriate manner to all students. I think time could be better spent in listening to the parents whose tax dollars fund these schools to determine how to make improvements versus tooting your own horn "here". Lastly, homework policies need to be reconsidered - research says that homework has no academic affect in elementary school. That time could be better spent on real learning or playing/relaxing/family time after a long school day.

This school is Big dissapointment!! Dirty,old,nasty!! I thought it was suppose to be so good. Huh? They act like a wanna be military school? They talk to the children so rudely sometimes,yelling at them,little kids are crying. They act like bullies to the kids,there is NO fairness there at all. Especially administration! Principal is clueless as is the ass't principal. Children get lost because there teacher forgets to bring them back inside from recess and they are wandering around clueless. Just Horrible

At one point I felt the same as others a month ago. However, I dealt with my situations head on (respectfully) and was very pleased with the quick response/resolution. As a former teacher from another State, I have great respect for this principal in the way he handled not only my situation, but in the way he interacts with children. He is kind, understanding, and very involved, and I have NEVER seen him speak crossly to a child. I can tell he really cares about the children in his school and about their safety, as does the AP. I'm sorry to see parents upset about the reorganization of classrooms, but there is a law here about how many kids can be in a classroom and you don't always know the final numbers until weeks/months into the school year because of late registrants. And since they are not allowed to turn zoned kids away at any public school, it is what it is. It's not just Verde that goes through re-organization, so it's silly to get so upset. Try teaching a class with 25-30 kids! Trust me, the slight inconvenience is better for the children and teachers in the long run. And cover your tattoos? Really? Such a silly thing. But then, I have one too, so...

School is nice, but not happy with how things are handled and some of the staff. Not been very nice and understandable in the process of reorganizing classroom as they had too many students in more than one class. If you are lucky to not deal with admin things, is a great place to be, but once you have admin issues to solve good luck.

Fully agree with new post. School is just ok. School is too big, very overpopulated. Sad to have trailers at an elementary school. Overall condition of the school is not very good. It looks like a prison now with the new security fence. Car rider line is a nightmare. Front office staff could be nicer. Would be professional to cover tattoos. My child was assaulted on the bus and at one point kids were 4 to 5 to a seat. In previous years they dropped off my kindergarten student early and no one was at bus stop. Imagine leaving a 5 year old to wonder around alone. Homework is busywork and too long. Teachers are fair. Some are nice and some are rude. If your kid is advanced but not gifted they just sit there. Gifted program is only part time and I think they pick/choose who to let in there. Agree there is a lot of gossip in front office. You wait while they talk among themselves about people. At least they have a nurse. Communication could be improved. It is hard to get phone calls returned. Also, they have opt out of uniform which they do not disclose. Old principal was nice but not effective. Not sure about new one. He seems a little cold and too young.

Last modified Verde Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.