Posted November 17, 2013
I am a teacher myself at a different school and can say that so far my child has had 3/3 great teachers. They are well educated, enthusiastic, and go above and beyond. The standard is appropriate for their age and the school spirit is very high. Teachers here know that an inappropriately high standard can cause low self esteem. Almost all kids at Verde love Verde. That's a good testament. The negative testaments below are unfortunate. A bad experience is possible anywhere. The upper teachers being concerned with FCAT is a state problem not isolated to Verde alone. As for being concerned about tattoos on an employee, it's as irrelevant as hair color. Both employees with tattoos are more than competent at their jobs, so to focus on tattoos is not productive for people looking to choose a school. My daughter wants to be a kindergarten teacher after her kindergarten experience, so I feel badly for the other kid who's parent reviewed below because her child didn't want to go to school. Usually it's a social problem when that happens. Just my experience as a teacher. Overall, great school, doing it's best in a mediocre school system with FCAT requirements.

Posted September 21, 2013
I had both my kids at Verde and especially my last one had a big problem last year. It was her last year teaching at Verde and she was really impatient and most of the time really rude. The teacher would not return emails, phone calls, and notes most of the time, she sent me important information about test only the same day. My daughter was telling me that almost every day that a kid was crying in her class because of her. This year she is in 6th grade and she discovered that the teacher didn't teach them many important things, for example in Math the division with the decimals. The desk were full of ants, and the kids found Roaches many times.They had big problems with head lice every year. I can tell you many story's about the school and the after-school but I rather not say it. I hope that who is in charge there will change how the things are going, be more friendly with the kids and parents,it is not a big deal and if the kids feel comfortable they can speak more about their problems in school. Thank you.

Posted August 23, 2013
**** It is my opinion that the PTO efforts are 5 Star. Open House was fantastic! The effort placed by parents and students was impressive. Tremendous school Spirit. T-shirts, shorts, calendars and Verde folders are innovative ways to raise PTO funds. Pizza was for sale! The Info desk was great! It immediately lessened any anxiety about moving to a new area and utilizing a new school. Congratulations Verde! Nice Job!

Posted August 23, 2013
This is the 2nd year my child is attending Verde. I've met the new principal Mr. Moldervan and so far he is WONDERFUL. Very approaching as well as Vicky in the office. Last year I was very unhappy with the teacher (ruschmeier-1st grade), this year I'm thrilled so far with the teacher in 2nd grade. Also, the new PTA president is a sweetheart and will hopefully return the PTA to a place where other parents want to be involved.

Posted August 22, 2013
Great school! I reccomend your child goes to this school! My child actually WANTED to go to school....I was in SHOCK!

Verde Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
Verde Elementary is a good school. Both of my sons are in there. They definitely care when the students are weak in a subject. The teacher also is an important role in finding out about the weaknesses. My son did not have a great second great teacher, but his 3rd grade teacher was excellent. what I as a parent expect from this school is welcoming media staff who are children friendly and encourage all the students equally to read. Aftercare program also could be better if the counselors spend quality time for homework and provided cool environment for students in months of August & September like a classroom instead of hanging out outside, specially for first graders who are little.

Posted July 16, 2013
I love Verde! My daughter started there on first grade and just graduated 5th grade. And my son just graduated Kindergarten at Mrs. Archer's class! She is the best! Very to the point, caring and invested at her job. Along the years there had been some issues, but I guess we will have anywhere. We moved, but I still love this school!

Posted March 17, 2013
My experience with Verde is that in the upper grades all that is cared about by many of the teachers is the FCAT testing. They don't teach the children the subjects, but enough to pass the tests. I believe that this has caused many of the teachers in the upper grades to be overly mean snd certainly uncaring about the students as individual children. They are just 3's, 4's or 5's off of which the tescher hopes to get a bonus. My child had a very good experience in the lower grades, but in the upper grades he has had a very poor experience. He gets excellent grades, but the teachers are very poor role models...his most recent being very arrogant and defensive when I speak to her, and vindictive to my son for complaining to me about her mistreatment of my son.

Posted March 16, 2013
My child has had some excellent teachers at Verde, but some of the upper grade teachers are awful and bully the students--not a good learning environment at all. The physical facilities are also bad, expecially the bathrooms. My child complains often that they are dirty. There are a lot of portables, even in worse condition. Hopefully the school can do something about these two very serious issues.

Verde Elementary School 2

Posted February 17, 2013
My Daughter is currently attending to Verde Elementary and so far we are very disappointed with the school and the teachers, since they don't help children meet their full potential and if they need help with math or reading they don't help them. and if they are behind in their curriculum the school doesn't care or do anything to help the students...the teachers have too many kids 18-20+ in each classroom...they can't handle so many. they do very few extra activities for kids...they offer more in their aftercare program...the school is not very clean, outdated and have no security or police officer onsite to help with their car lines...its a nightmare! We don't recommend it!....DelPrado Elementary is a better school...

Verde Elementary School
6590 Verde Trail, Boca Raton, FL  33433
Last modified Verde Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Verde Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 63 reviews.