Boca Raton, FL

Whispering Pines Elementary School 1

Posted December 16, 2014
This school is become a nightmare. As soon as I can afford to move I will. There is a lot of nepotism with the teacher and some parents. So, not all kids are treated equally. I will give you an example, they conduct award ceremonies and some kids are supposed to get awards, but they presumably make a mistake and a few kids do not receive the awards that they were there to receive. Imagine, how that goes with a five year old that's expecting his or her award (tears anyone?). It could have been a mistake, but that's just the general theme for that school. The principal does not even have an e-mail, right? Last time, I checked, we pay your salaries as a property owners, please address concerns like a professional!

Posted June 26, 2014
I'm a freshman in High School now and what can I say about WPES other than the fact that it was just the best experience I've had since I moved to the United States four years ago. I didn't know the language, yet my teachers and staff spoke in such a way that I felt as if I belonged. Turns out I've always belonged. Whispering Pines teachers and staff, thank you. I owe it all to you.

Posted April 17, 2014
This is a great school that offers different extra curriculum activities. All the teachers I dealt with were always helpful. My son did great and received very a good education, what made an easy transition to middle school.

Posted March 12, 2014
My son has been here for 4th and 5th grade. He has just flourished at this school. His teachers have been amazing, the staff is very caring and are willing to go out of their way to help. I am actually sad that he will be leaving for middle school this year. Overall he has had a wonderful experience and has made lots of friends. This school is wonderful and I am thankful my son has enjoyed his experience here.

Posted March 11, 2014
My child Bode, has been attending from K and is now in 2nd Grade. He has had Ms.Golumbe, Ms. Terrano, Ms. Modesto all are top notch teachers! Ms. Terrano even tutored him before class daily to improve his handwriting. He is ahead of target for his age and is doing well in school social and academically. The kids in class are well put together and come from nice professional families. I hate to give such a great review, because then all the snobby parents who lie about their addresses to go to other schools will rush to Whispering Pines. Currently it's not crowded and feels warm and welcoming - I want to keep it that way :)

Posted July 29, 2013
I am a teacher at Whispering Pines and find that a review to discredit the dedication of any teacher would be misconstrued as a teacher that makes little progress with the students. The teachers follow the process as set forth from the district to get students the help they need. If those that spend the most time with your children can't help and be appreciated than it is not the teaching that is the problem. Parents, teachers and the schools need to work together to get the children what they need! Whispering Pines has many families that go above and beyond to work with their teachers and the school to help their children, I wish more families could be categorized like this. The one family that can't appreciate it, will be sorry they didn't do more!

Posted November 23, 2012
My son started Kindergarten this year, and we are very happy with the experience there. His teacher is wonderful... warm and responsive. He has learned a great deal there academically, socially, and also independence. He comes home every day with a great sense of confidence and excitement. The administration is good and they are very involved and present. Good experience all around!

Posted October 31, 2012
Great School. My son entered their 3rd. grade gifted program this year and I could't be happier with how fast he is learning. His teacher, Ms. Schuemann, is caring and seems to be firm when needed. Staff is polite and organized.

Whispering Pines Elementary School 2

Posted July 30, 2012
MY KIDS WENT HERE FOR ONE YEAR. THEIR GRADES WENT FROM A, B C TO STRAIGHT F'S. THE TEACHERS ARE TOO GOOD TO PICK UP THE PHONE AND SPEAK, THEY REFUSED TO COMMUNICATE ANY OTHER WAY THAN EMAIL. HOW INCONVENIENT. NOT TO MENTION THE 2ND GRADE TEACHER OF MY YOUNGER CHILD WAS VERY ATTACKING TO NOT JUST ME AS THE PARENT BUT TO MY KID. ARE YOU SERIOUS? WE ARE HERE TO LEARN NOT TO TEACH MY KID NOT TO ROLL HIS EYES. IF I WERE IN HIS POSITION I WOULD HAVE DONE MORE THAN JUST ROLL EYES AT HER RUDE COMMENTS AND 2ND GRADE DEMEANOR. IN A MEETING I HAD TO ADVISE HER SHE SHOULD BE AROUND ADULTS MORE OFTEN AND MAYBE SHE WOULD STOP ACTING LIKE A 2ND GRADER. ANOTHER SPECIALIST TEACHER IN THE ROOM HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT THE CHILD SHE THOUGHT HE WAS AWESOME AND WAS DOING QUITE WELL. SAYS HE WAS THE SUPERSTAR OF HER GROUP. SO WHICH IS IT? MY KIDS A BAD CHILD NOT WILLING TO DO HIS WORK AND PAY ATTENTION OR THIS WOMAN WAS SERIOUSLY TARGETING MY CHILD? NOT TO MENTION BOTH MY KIDS WOULD COME HOME WITH GRADED TESTS AND ASSIGNMENTS AND GOING OVER IT MYSELF AND CHECKING THE ANSWERS I FOUND ALL KINDS OF ANSWERS MARKED INCORRECT THAT WERE CORRECT. DO YOUR JOB IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GET A DIFF 1!!!

Whispering Pines Elementary School 1

Posted February 02, 2012
The staff for Whispering Pines school is horrible! They are not conducive to both students and parents. The staff is very rude and not willing to work. The school is old and very disorganized. I fear for the safety of my child. The workers do not use common sense and are obnoxious. His teacher does not have much interest in the childrens work as well. My son has been to 5 schools and I have never seen a rediculous run school. Think twice before sending your child to this school and putting their education in the hands of these folks. I wish I could move him out of this school!

Whispering Pines Elementary School
9090 Spanish Isles Boulevard, Boca Raton, FL  33496
Last modified Whispering Pines Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whispering Pines Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top