Posted August 11, 2014
Calusa Elementary is a top notch public school. My son will be entering 4th grade and has been there since kindergarten. As a family we have loved every one of his teachers. The love and care for the students is self evident. We are very fortunate to be part of this family.

Posted May 05, 2014
I'll piggyback on the previous comments and add that the entire gifted program at Calusa has been top notch. This is the first year Calusa has an official full-time gifted program, and it has gotten off to a great start. Ms. Shore, Ms. Mulqueen and Ms. Scharf put together a super curriculum that made kindergarten a home run. And in our house, we happen to like the amount of homework. The homework has been a valuable tool for strengthening and extending our child's grasp of the lessons. It also sets an important standard of hard, studious work moving forward. Sure, they are only kindergarteners, but that shouldn't be an excuse for coddling them like it's still preschool. Anyhow, Calusa is a true gem in our community. You get an A+ principal, excellent teachers, and a more diverse, less sheltered environment than you'd find at a private school.

Posted May 02, 2014
I have to agree with another mom on here, my son transferred to Calusa two months into Kindergarten and Ms.Scharf is a blessing! We switched our son's school so he could have the educational support he needed and Ms.Scharf provides such a caring loving environment. Our son comes homes everyday with new stories of what a fantastic day he had and whenever he speaks of Ms.Scharf he shares in his own way how supportive she has been. We get regular emails from her updating us on important events and sometimes she is just sending us images of the kids when they do something unique and special. While I am not a fan of the amount of homework the gifted programs has I know that the school has to give it to keep the children on track for each progressive year. Ms.Scharf prepares them so well and makes the learning experience fun! Also the security here is great, the principle and vp as well as the entire team are always out directing traffic and helping the children get to where they need to be. I am so glad we made the jump to Calusa and honestly I hope next years teacher is just as supportive as Ms.Scharf! Her positive leadership is much appreciated!

Posted January 04, 2014
My daughter started K this year with Ms. Scharf. She is warm, kind and responsive to all of questions and requests. My daughter and her classmates LOVE her! I am very impressed with how involved the Principal and the VP are. I have not gone to the school ever without seeing on of them out and about. Mrs. Wyatt is out at the gate every morning greeting students and kids. She even does special rewards where she eats lunch with the kids. Mrs. Wyatt is on lunch duty everyday! That is serious dedication for a Principal! I cannot say enough about wonderful the school and it's teachers are. They have helped to set the stage for my child to love school! Thank You! You have made an impact on these kids that will positively effect them for years to come!

Posted December 16, 2013
My child started kindergarten this year and I am overjoyed by how fantastic the experience has been so far. His teacher challenges him everyday, his math and language skills have skyrocketed, he is reading better than I ever thought possible at his age--and he loves going to school! There is an atmosphere at Calusa that is both nurturing and academically rigorous at the same time. It seems to be a terrific balance.

Posted December 10, 2013
My son transferred there from a Montessori school in Delray and boy what a huge difference! The change is so much for the better! The Principle is great. the teachers are great and seem to like there work. A complete opposite of what we left. My son went from hating school, dreading aftercare and not doing very well academically to getting Honor role and really enjoying it. I am so thankful for Calusa!!! It goes to show what a difference a good school can make :)

Posted August 15, 2013
Calusa elementary is a well run school. The principal, Ms.Wyatt, knows every child and really cares about her students. My daughter has gone to Calusa since kindergarten and is going into 5th grade this year. Every teacher has been terrific and a great role model for her. The parent who feels like the school is run like a military fort obviously doesn't believe in good behavior and as far as the dress code I'm thankful she enforces it even thought it still falls deaf on some kids. We are truly blessed that we have been able to send our daughter to this school and will be VERY sad on her last day.

Posted May 27, 2013
Calusa is definitely the BEST kept secret in Boca Raton. From staff to parents, everyone works together to make this school an AMAZING place to be. The principal, Mrs. Wyatt, it very approachable and really cares about each and every student. The teachers are top notch and really do love their jobs and their students. my favorite thing is that they allow and encourage parent involvement. (I love being able to know what's going on at my kids' school). I feel very lucky to have my children attend the #1 school in Boca!

Posted September 11, 2012
WELL RUN AND DECENT SCHOOL. The Principal, Mrs. Wyatt, is so organized, just what kids need at this age. Mr Wotton, the Assistant Principal, is an asset to Calusa. Teaching kids is a talent and Calusa has managed to acquire precious gems. If your only complaint is the long car loop line then park your car and walk, you probably could do with some exercise.

Calusa Elementary School 1

Posted September 04, 2012
Extreme disappointment. The principal runs the school like a military fort. You can often hear her barking orders at the students from her microphone while they eat lunch. She's more concerned with dress code than with promoting independence and self reliance in the children. Everything needs to be controlled and manipulated to her liking. Numbers are her importance and thus scores seem to be the only thing that makes this school tick. The students look miserable in the car loop line. Just disappointing.

Calusa Elementary School
2051 Clint Moore Road, Boca Raton, FL  33496
Last modified Calusa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Calusa Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews.