Del Prado Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 851 students

Posted August 11, 2011

If I could give this school a ZERO I would. The teachers are lazy they talk badly about the principal and the students. If you'res not a room mom, your child is not the teachers favorite and you get zero attention from the teacher. Teachers do not return phone calls or they just yes you when they do. Parents are never allowed on campus. It's lack of unity and professionalism that will turn this school into a B rated school soon.

Posted June 21, 2011

My family and friends think this is a horrible school. First their was the principal who stole and was relieved of her duties there. Thr afterschool clubs were cancelled. They do not check ID's at the office and people randomly sign in and go on campus. The car lines have always been slow. PTA requests money on a monthly basis, using the kids as pawns, so if parents do not contribute, kids do not earn prizes. There is no gymnasium. No musical instruments taught. Teachers have referred to students there as "brats". Teachers have complained to parents about having a new principal and his lack of communication. Teachers show favorites and many do not return phone calls or emails within a reasonable time period. The school is supposed to use Edline, yet teachers cant be bothered. Could go on and on. Del Prado should by no means be rated a 10. They start coaching the kids for FCATS constantly, and receive more funding for higher FCAT scores. Their focus is all about FCAT scores, and not enough about the important items children should be learning. Del Prado and their staff are a huge disppointment, and I would highly advise if you have a choice to go elsewhere, do it!

Posted June 18, 2011

Great school,with great teachers,and they are always trying to involve the parents in different activities...We recomend it and love it!

Posted June 13, 2011

Del Prado is an exceptional school where the kids are nurtured. Mr. Clark is a wonderful Principal and I am very pleased to send my daughters there. The teachers are the heart of this school.

Posted March 14, 2011

At my old school, I used to be so bored! After I transferred to Del Prado,I found this school academically challenging, and I love it here! This is the best school i've ever been to!

Posted January 10, 2011

My son has been attending since Kindergarten and is now in 2nd grade. I liked this school in the beginning but soon realized there was some interesting stuff happening behind the scenes. I had an incident when a teacher called my son an annoying brat, then about a month later he kept coming home crying because he was being picked on and no one was taking care of it and things of that nature. It has taken me a while to get things straightened out and since they have a new principal and vice principal thing have improved. I do not think this school is worth a 10 and am anticipating our future move to get him out of there.

Posted October 15, 2010

Do not be fooled by this school's 10 rating. It is a very unwelcoming and disheartening place. My child went here for 1st grade, and I will always regret that year at Del Prado. The teacher was a nice person, but the teaching was slow and unexciting. Movies (fun not educational) were constantly watched even during PE! The behavior issues were out of control but NEVER addressed. The rules of the school and county made it extremely difficult to help or visit in the classroom. All I ever experienced was a coldness and lack of caring. I am an educator and have taught in many schools across the country, and Del Prado is not a place where learners are nurtured. When my child went to 2nd grade (at a different school in a different county!), she was extremely behind because of the lack of teaching. Don't be fooled!

Posted March 17, 2010

I absolute regread have move my child to Delprado the teachers are very disorganize and have favorites in class.I fill like my kid is being discriminate

Posted October 21, 2009

I love this school because my two kids go there. Everyone is so nice and helpful. My daughter has mrs.bozic and shes in 4th grade and my son has mrs.karpinski and hes in 1st grade!

Posted October 3, 2009

i think they have the best teachers ever and that would be a direct reflection on the principle.

Posted September 18, 2009

I cannot believe that I waited to be a part of this school and moved into the school zone only to be disappointed. The fact that the Principal has selected to departmentalize the school at the Kindergarten level is totally beyond me. The mandate issued by the Palm Beach County School District was that it commence at the 3rd grade level. My child changes to 3 different classes day. I feel as if this has impeded the relationship between 'one teacher/child.' I feel lost as a parent not knowing what my child is learning and from whom. I too share the feeling that I still have no idea of what my child will be learning this year. My friends who have children at other schools with stellar ratings do not share the same concerns of feeling lost and shuffled in the system. I feel as if I made a bad selection.

Posted August 21, 2009

I went to Del Prado as a child and now my daughter is attending. I must say that as a parent I have NOT been impressed with the school at all. The 'orientation' or should I say meet and greet was nothing more than organized chaos. The first week of school is over and I still have not been informed of what my child will be learning this year.

Posted August 10, 2009

Del Prado lives up to the hype. The academics here are excellent. I have two children in the gifted program and they have been challenged to learn so much, while still being part of a loving and supportive classroom. We have only had one teacher at Del Prado that left something to be desired, but that can happen anywhere. My only criticism would be of the support staff. When I visit the school or call, the staff is often rude. I have also found some of the cafeteria staff to be unnecessarily abrasive with the students. However, the most important part of any school is its teachers and they are excellent. Overall, we have been very happy with Del Prado Elementary.

Posted July 28, 2009

When we moved to this area a year ago, we were constantly told that Del Prado elem was the best all around. With a 1st grader and a child entering kindergarten, we were excited to be in this school district. Both Mrs. Goldinger and Ms. Rey were new teachers to the school. We were happy with both teachers and felt they truly had our childrens best interest at heart. However, a few of the people in the office staff were less than helpful and often times RUDE!! I even witnessed such rudeness displayed in the presence of children..truly unacceptable! The cafeteria staff, although nice, didn't seem to be on the same page as far as the payment system was concerned. Myself as well as many of my neighbors were having MULTIPLE issues with the miscalculation of monies collected. The Principal and Vice Principle were very helpful in resolving our issue.

Posted May 22, 2009

School has an excellent reputation with most families. But as with any schools, you'll get your fair share of teachers that should not be teachers to begin with. We have had positive experiences with most of the teachers and in hindsight, we should have requested a transfer of teachers early on in the school year when the personalities did not mesh.

Posted June 27, 2008

My feelings are a bit mixed. My children had A's and B's in the gifted program yet I removed them from the program and school midyear. I felt the program often focused more on quantity and speed over quality. I also felt that the program had little patience for higher maintenance children. That is children who are easily distracted. I haven't yet heard of the perfect child. I felt as if that is what you had to be to fit in and be welcomed in the Del Prado gifted program. This was not the right place to build my children's self esteem and confidence.

Posted June 6, 2008

Is a school were everybody qualifies as 'gifted' even if they are not.So the ones that are truly gifted aren't receiving the proper education. The school runs on reputation. They have some trully gifted kids, that end leaving the school like in my case.

Posted June 5, 2008

My son is leaving Del Prado this year to go off to middle school and we are both sad. Del Prado is a great school with great teachers and great staff. We will miss everyone but will always have fond memories of our years there.

Posted June 3, 2008

I have two children at Del Prado who will be doing into 2nd and 3rd grade in the fall. Both are in the gifted program. Every teacher we have had thus far has been outstanding! Mrs. Cannavale is the most loving, kind Kindergarten teacher. Mrs. Hock introduces the children to great artist in 1st grade -- allowing them to recreate their own Chagall. Mrs. Lackow is incredibly organized and my 2nd grader has learned so much in her classroom. In both first and second grade, the teachers have worked together as a team and I think this is very positive. The PTA is top-notch and the parent involvement has been high in every class -- both my kids have multiple room parents in their classroom. Why would anyone pay for private?

Posted May 26, 2008

My son has had a wonderful experience, so far, in Del Prado's gifted program. I have found that the teachers welcome parental involvement, and I have been in the classrooms many times for parties and special projects. I have also been able to accompany my child on field trips. I would love to see an improvement in the music department. Overall, I think that Del Prado is an excellent school.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

140 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

140 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

138 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

138 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

136 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

167 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

168 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

169 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

178 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 5%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

7900 Del Prado Circle North