Boca Raton, FL

Sandpiper Shores Elementary School 1

Posted September 04, 2014
We are a new family to this school and so far have had nothing but a bad experience. We moved here and heard that the schools here were so wonderful so we took them out of private school to give it a try. So far I have never witnessed such negativity and rude behavior from some of the faculty and especially from the parents as I have seen here. There are constant fights between parents in the parking lot, they will cut you off in the car line and then scream obscenities at you from the window - while their children are still in the car!! I witnessed a member of their "PTA" having a conversation with another parent using profanity and vulgar language around children and then saw her yell at another parent in the parking lot as well! What a lovely representation that she is giving of their PTA board! They strictly enforce the rule that you cannot walk your child to class but they should offer more assistance with the staff or safety patrols helping the students out. My daughter got lost several times since she is not familiar with the school and by the time that she found her class she was late and got in trouble. We are taking our children out next month and going back to private.

Posted April 28, 2014
Teachers , Staff were all caring & concerned about the kids . Sense if community was always present.

Posted March 30, 2014
Sandpiper is a fabulous school. Between the teachers, administration, and amazing PTA all 3 of my kids have excelled here. So many of the teachers go above and beyond. Until one sees what these teachers do on a daily basis one can't judge or complain. They truly are an awesome team. As for PTA, there is no other like Sandpipers...these parents do what they do everyday for all of our kids not just there own. The programs, fundraising, events, and all the other behind the scenes jobs they do truly does make for a fulltime job. These parents are superb...so let's not judge by their attire or the fact that some may have tattoos. We all try to teach our kids to never judge a book by its cover (well most of us anyhow) so lets not judge these selfless parents.

Sandpiper Shores Elementary School 3

Posted December 05, 2013
Dress up of PTA active members in Sand piper shores is disgusting. 2012 PTA president was wearing shorts and tank top . Most of them come to school in shorts . One of them has tattoo on shoulder . In the beginning year meeting they talk about dress code , where they are in jeans or shorts.

Posted April 04, 2013
My daughter is in first grade and loves it. I have met her teachers, pta and the principal, who comes out in the morning to greet the parents. I have no complaints with the education she is receiving.Highly recommend.

Posted April 02, 2013
EXCELLENT!!!! OUr daughter on 1st grade and started there on K. Teachers are the best!!! They really care about the kids. Just changed Principal this year and the old one and new are kind and very very involved with school. Hope our daughter can stay until 5th grade.

Posted September 27, 2012
From all my heart the Sandpiper Shores Elementary School perhaps one of the best schools! Its an answer from God for our request to find a very good school for our Daughter! Its a gift from God we found this school and for 3 years are so happy! For our Daughter 7 hours away from home every day, this is the best place we can trust in so many ways:kindness,safety,education,fun and healthy environment! Thank you for most wonderful Teachers : Miss Tessler, Amanda Stromberg, Murray for warm heart and love to our Children! We love you for this! God bless this school!

Sandpiper Shores Elementary School 4

Posted May 20, 2012
We moved to West Boca so we could have a great school experience for our child. I really like the high level of parent involvement, but I did not like receiving any kind of "welcome' to the school to clue us in on how things work, what "STARS" means, etc... I also have had a lot of attitude from some of the staff at the school. I can't figure if it's the NY culture that "invades" this area, or...? Regardless, the front office "greeter"/receptionist is miserable. And I didn't just catch her on a bad day - she's like that all the time and to my husband and in-laws that have been there also. She has not a "hello", a smile, a "how can I help you?", or otherwise decent way to interact with other human beings. She acts troubled by having to do anything for you. How she ended up as the front office person is a mystery to me. I don't believe that's a great way to represent a school and first impressions.

Posted June 19, 2011
Sandpiper Shores has been a fantastic place for my children to grow and learn. The PTA and families that we have met in the last few years have been kind and caring. The benefit of Sandpiper Shore is that our children are empowered by each other and strive for excellence without the pressure to maintain a title. Academically, I have witness many bright, talented children. My child's growth and love for learning while achieving amazing goals at Sandpiper Shores has been a pleasure for me to witness. There is no doubt that with continued parental support and a loving community school that these children will continue to make great strides for years to come.

Posted November 07, 2010
I am a former student and from my experience, this was a great school. The principal is awesome and the teachers and really cool. It's really no wonder why this is an A rated school

Sandpiper Shores Elementary School
11201 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL  33498
Last modified Sandpiper Shores Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sandpiper Shores Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top