896 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted August 17, 2016
This is my daughters 4th year in this school and I absolutely love it. Teachers are friendly and dedicated to the well being of the children in school. My daughter had a language and reading problem in Kindergarden and instead of keeping her behing, the let her move foward with an intensive schedule that she would follow in first grade and they where so great she actually caught up with the other children by the middle of the year and has not had any issues since then. Every teacher she has had so far have been wonderful and Very reacheable, understanding amd helpfull. We are hispanic and I have never felt any discrimination towards me or my child and she loves her school. Absolutely adore this school. We miss Miss Capitano but the new Principal is also wonderful and I am pleased with her also.

Posted February 21, 2016
Love this school! I have three children in grades K, 3rd & 4th. We moved here in October and all my kids are doing wonderful. They were welcomed by the teachers as well as the other students. I find the teachers to be very responsive and nurturing. They listened to my concerns for each child when they were enrolled and have gone above and beyond to help them succeed. The front office, including the principals secretary, are equally helpful and always ready to listen to whatever concern you may have. I have nothing but great reviews for Sandpiper Shores and would highly recommend this school to anyone thinking of moving to the area. It is important to remember that there will be some minor issues wherever you may go, it's how these issues are handled that is the real test. Any issue that I may have had and as minor as it may have been were handled immediately with respect and kindness.

Sandpiper Shores Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2015
There is a new principal this year. She's not as warm and friendly as Mrs. Capitano. I Definitely feel the school took ten BIG STEPS back from where it was before. I will not get into specifics- but her decisions thus far on current changes don't take the child's feeling in consideration. I feel she's uninterested in parents feelings towards her changes. I love the teachers, and staff is great. It's just too bad that the person representing the school is less than par. Mrs. Capitano- PLEASE COME BACK!

Sandpiper Shores Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 18, 2015
So far the teachers my children have had in K, 1st and part of second have been amazing. I love the media teacher! So sweet!

Posted August 28, 2015
This is an absolutely amazing place for children of all levels to learn and grow!!!! We are so blessed to our grandson/child in this wonderful school and are amazed and delighted with all the care and attention he receives here! As an educator myself for many years I know how important an early start is....and we are so fortunate to have such an excellent learning environment for our child! With gratitude , Dorothy R Bienen

Posted January 25, 2015
I began here with the old principal...then left because of her negativity and being unprofessional. It was her way or the highway. Came back after giving the NEW principal a chance to succeed or fail....checked her reputation via former students....they were correct....professional, open minded, all for the kids, warmth to all, compassionate...came back and a year after returning...it is her turnover of the negativity of the past which makes this school a success. Teachers are qualified and understanding to students and this school is a pleasure for parents and students. Parents are welcomed to join PTA and welcomed to attend class parties. Capitano, the principal, is easy to be reached for any question or concern and the front office smiles and very welcoming. The parking lot, well, you find me an elementary school parking lot that isn't a zoo...good luck!

Sandpiper Shores Elementary School 1

Posted September 04, 2014
We are a new family to this school and so far have had nothing but a bad experience. We moved here and heard that the schools here were so wonderful so we took them out of private school to give it a try. So far I have never witnessed such negativity and rude behavior from some of the faculty and especially from the parents as I have seen here. There are constant fights between parents in the parking lot, they will cut you off in the car line and then scream obscenities at you from the window - while their children are still in the car!! I witnessed a member of their "PTA" having a conversation with another parent using profanity and vulgar language around children and then saw her yell at another parent in the parking lot as well! What a lovely representation that she is giving of their PTA board! They strictly enforce the rule that you cannot walk your child to class but they should offer more assistance with the staff or safety patrols helping the students out. My daughter got lost several times since she is not familiar with the school and by the time that she found her class she was late and got in trouble. We are taking our children out next month and going back to private.

Posted April 28, 2014
Teachers , Staff were all caring & concerned about the kids . Sense if community was always present.

Posted March 30, 2014
Sandpiper is a fabulous school. Between the teachers, administration, and amazing PTA all 3 of my kids have excelled here. So many of the teachers go above and beyond. Until one sees what these teachers do on a daily basis one can't judge or complain. They truly are an awesome team. As for PTA, there is no other like Sandpipers...these parents do what they do everyday for all of our kids not just there own. The programs, fundraising, events, and all the other behind the scenes jobs they do truly does make for a fulltime job. These parents are superb...so let's not judge by their attire or the fact that some may have tattoos. We all try to teach our kids to never judge a book by its cover (well most of us anyhow) so lets not judge these selfless parents.

Posted April 04, 2013
My daughter is in first grade and loves it. I have met her teachers, pta and the principal, who comes out in the morning to greet the parents. I have no complaints with the education she is receiving.Highly recommend.

Sandpiper Shores Elementary School
11201 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL  33498
Last modified Sandpiper Shores Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.