Omni Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 1403 students

Posted September 27, 2011

An outstanding school. The quality of education, staff and administration is superb. The PTSA is the best in the county, winning PTSA of the year for seven straight years.

Posted September 27, 2011

Omni Middle School more than adequately prepared my daughter for High School. The parents are involved and the teachers are very qualified.

Posted September 27, 2011

My son just started middle school this year and I must say we were worried about the transition from Del Prado Elementary. We heard there would be lots of homework and there are always the fears regarding bullying. He is in the gifted program and loves it. Everyone of his friends loves it, too. He hasn't seen any bullying, likes his teachers, and isn't spending any more time on homework than would be expected of middle school (less than an hour a night). I have been pleasantly surprised by this GREAT school.

Posted September 27, 2011

I have an 8th grade student at Omni and have been extremely pleased with the classes and extracurricular activities. The variety of class levels (regular, advanced, and gifted) seem to offer a right fit for him depending on each specific class. I find the teachers to be very receptive to communication and very organized in posting the grades and curriculum on edline.

Posted September 27, 2011

My daughter is a 7th grader at Omni, and I believe she is receiving a great education that will prepare her for high school and beyond. I am very happy with her teachers, the amount of homework she receives, and the overall quality of the school. Omni is a GREAT middle school!

Posted September 22, 2011

Omni gets kids prepared for high school better than any of the other middle schools around!

Posted September 19, 2011

As a parent of a 6th grade student at Omni I can tell you that the transition from Elementary to Middle has been fantastic. The Administration, Teachers, Staff and PTA are all very active and genuinely care about the school/students. PTA is open and inviting to new parents. Notifications are emailed every week with upcoming events and volunteers opportunities. Mrs. Elfe- the new Principal is involved with the school, keeps an eye on the kids and she is making positive changes. The teachers are open with communication and are happy to help the students. I'm also happy to say that my kid has NOT had any issues with bullies- which is amazing in middle school (i have one in HS so I've been through this before). I don't have any safety concerns when I drop off my child- teachers and administration are always visible during drop off and pick up. The school also offers several sports and clubs to keep the kids busy. The only negative would be the amount of time spent on car line during pick up but that happens at all schools. Overall, this school year is going very well and we are so happy to be a part of Omni. Thank you to the entire Omni staff and PTA.

Posted August 21, 2011

What a fabulous school!! Dedicated teachers make Omni a great place for kids. I have taught for 14 years, and I can honestly say that Omni has exceeded my expectations.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 17, 2011

I'm new here, but I've heard wonderful things about Omni, and the staff seems very friendly and focused on serving each student's needs.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 18, 2010

This school is a great school. It has been rated the best middle school in the county, and it is definitely my favorite. I'm in the gifted program, our teachers are wonderful (I wasn't always in the gifted program, and even then, the teachers were great.) They are very involved, and many of the teachers also help administration. The teachers I have look at fun ways to teach, and while every school has some bad teachers; ours has more good ones!

Posted November 4, 2010

Omni encourages me to express my self

Posted April 28, 2010

My child just transferred to Omni from out of state. She is not being challenged academically, and the kids seem to do what ever they want in class including refusing to participates Mine spent yesterday showing a friend party dresses online! The bathrooms are filthy and this seems to be an accepted state to the administration. The campus seems derelict, and the library is depressing. I expected more and am disappointed I did such a poor job in selecting a school. I just relied on ratings which was a big mistake.

Posted April 26, 2010

I am very excited that Omni prepared me to get accepted into the STEM program at Boca High. It wasn't the easiest school (compared to my previous middle school) but I feel like I am more that ready for high school especially since I am leaving with 3 high school credits! Awesome!

Posted November 29, 2009

I do not like this school at all. This is my first year here, and it hasnt even been a whole semester and i absolutely hate it here. It barely has a roof, so u will sweat alot if u go to this school. Its just overall the worse school i have been to. Although i have been doing better in math, but thanks to my science teacher, my grades in science have dropped completely. I am an A B honor roll student, i have a D in science...

Posted October 20, 2009

Omni has serious problems. I moved to Boca from out of state a few years ago and attended Omni for only 8th grade. The middle school I previously attended was great, and I had high expectations for Omni. Unfortunately, I was incredibly disappointed. The administration at Omni was horrible. It seemed to me like it was run like a low security prison which I thought was odd considering the students were good kids. It really was hard for me to get used to the obnoxious administration and the ridiculous uniforms. Basically, the only advice that I have is if you are considering transferring to Omni from another middle school you like, don't do it, you will be disappointed. If you have never been to another middle school you will probably think Omni is ok.

Posted October 15, 2009

I really like this school the teachers are nice and quite helping yet bullying is quite a problem...

Posted September 16, 2009

Omni is so great! The teachers are very very friendly and they help you out with everything you may need. I went there all my three years. Now in High School I have AP classes and Honors classes. Omni couldn't have prepared me any better. I miss you Jaguars. ;)

Posted September 1, 2009

This is my third year at Omni and I have really grown to appreciate the education that I have received. I am now taking 2 high school credit courses and I feel that I will be ready when I have to go across the street to Spanish River. I have wonderful teachers this year and I have some awesome friends. Omni Rocks!

Posted August 25, 2009

I have to echo the last poster...my daughter transferred in 7th grade and is now in 8th. This was a huge step up in quality over our last middle school. She loves the school and has a ton of friends there.

Posted August 23, 2009

My child just started this year in sixth grade. I have been very impressed with the administration, orientation process, and the teachers that volunteered on Saturday. After the first week, my child loves it here!

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

431 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

428 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

428 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

464 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

304 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

483 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2014.

489 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

486 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

510 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 66% in 2014.

184 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 68% in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 65% in 2014.

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 7%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
PE instructor(s)
Reading specialist(s)
Security personnel
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Special education / special needs

• Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

• Gifted specialist(s)
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• Special education coordinator
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Transportation options
  • Buses/vans for students only
  • Transportation provided for special education students only
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Tutor