Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The OAPA program gives the kids a forum for high academic achievement. There are many good teachers in all subjects but they need more talent in their science and math departments.

It's excellent!! I would highly recommend it for any child. My kids have great experiences here.

i would like to know more about this school, I would like to know if the school test grades are getting better now that they have a new principal

[Olympic Heights is a great school] The teachers are super helpful and they love to see their students succeed.

I think that Olympic Heights is a great school and I'm in 2 AP and 2 Honor classes; I find that my school is suitable and I fit in very nicely.

Guidance counselor who is in charge of T-Z is absolutely terrible. Lacks interest and commitment in students and seems to lack any motivation for her job. Administration seems to be far more into the money making business than the education one. They prioritize making sure that no fundraiser disrupts the cash flow of their vending machines than helping students. Olympic Heights is the only school in the Boca Raton area that lacks a PhD in the teaching department, which I believe is because they are paid extra. Instead the money that could go towards adequate teachers is going towards more money making electronics which seem to be unsuccessful and a nuisance. Yet there are many positives to this school as well as at least half of the teachers are actually there for the students well-being and truly want the child to pass. The other half are the type of teachers who just give out worksheets and sit on their desks.

Olympic Heights is a great school. My daughter is a freshman enrolled in an Academy, and loves school. She is doing very well with her AP class and all of her other Honors Classes. She is in the Marching Band which is very demanding but she really loves the band. Band may the transition to High School very easy as she knew other students from the mini camp in June, and the full camp in August. The band is wonderful experience. She has learned organization and how to set her priorities while still having lots of fun. The band director is amazing as well as all of her teachers. The administration is excellent and friendly. The diversity of this school reflects real life and only adds to the HS experience. I would recommend this school and their advanced programs to anyone. My only negative comment is that I wish more parents would be involved in the school supporting what their children are participating in.

My son loves this school. The staff are very helpful and accommodating. We are new to the ares but they made us and my son feel welcome. The registration process of my son's intake was swift and efficient. The only one snag is that it took them awhile to get the bus sorted. But I am not going to degrade their outstanding service for a bus. They have excellent programs for children with disability. The specialist teacher is excellent - keeping me abreast of my son's progress and how is settling in his new setting. This school is more that 5 Star!

My son hates the block schedule and I agree. How can you expect a teenager to sit in each class for 2 hours. We all know that it is almost impossible for a teacher to teach straight for 2 hours. Most of the kids get bored therefore putting there heads down. Not enough classwork is given to keep the kids occupied for 2 hours. DO AWAY WITH BLOCK SCHEDULE. New principle has no involvement with students

This school actually deserves less than a star. Everyday I see this school from three points of view. The Regular, Honors and A.P classes. The A.P classes are great, the teachers understand what their teaching, the help the kids move along and the kids who are not up to the challenge are removed from the class, so as not to disrupt the kids that are there to learn. The Honors classes are the same thing. Positive environment and progresssive work, no class clown causing the whole class to stay after school in a detention. The Regular classes are HORRIBLE. I truely advise that if you're a student or a parent of a student that is not above average (which is completely normal, they may not excell academically) please do not send them to this school. The kid will not learn any thing, the students are disruptful and selfish.

Last modified Olympic Heights Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.