Boca Raton, FL

Posted April 16, 2015
If you are interested in a school that is only teaching for successful standardized test scores, then look no further. There is no educational innovation here, just turning your kids into test taking robots. Nearly the entire year is spent preparing students for these standardized tests (FSA). The Common Core curriculum that has recently been implemented is a joke. Which seem to be a common theme for Common Core not just here in FL, but around the nation. Think of, "lowering the bar" to ensure greater success by more students. The gifted program here is very lacking. I am fortunate enough to have had an older child in a public school gifted program in the Northeast before moving to Florida. It is a night and day difference when compared to the GP at Waters Edge. This review probably speaks more about issues with most public school systems in general, but that is a whole other conversation. Having two children in this school I am just trying to convey my own experiences and thoughts related to Waters Edge. I am seriously considering private or home schooling at this point.

Posted March 29, 2015
Many schools are struggling to implement common core. Waters edge does a particularly poor job. They are so focused on the tests and teaching to the tests. There is no innovation. The administration seems to have low expectations from teachers. Very disappointed with this A school.

Posted December 06, 2014
Hi. I am a former student of WEES and it changed my life. I transferred here from another elementary school into the gifted program in first grade. I made all of my friends here and now I am in eighth grade. Great teachers that care, great specials, great people and a great curriculum. If your a parent and reading this, please let this show you that this school is great. Coming from a former students perspective, your child will love it there and have some great memories.

Posted September 23, 2014
We just moved here from out of state and came from a very highly rated school. So far our experience has been HORRIBLE. Starting from the first phone call to the school to get information about how to register my two Elementary aged children. The person who answered the phone was rude and unhelpful. I finally gave up and called the county office. My younger son cried every night the first three weeks of school. "Curriculum night" consisted of the teachers telling us what would be the same as last year (which meant nothing to me as we were not here last year) and using a lot of acronyms we are not familiar with as we just moved here out of state. I keep having people tell me what a great school it is, but everyone except my older son's fifth grade teacher and the after school care (ATB) staff has been rude, unfriendly, and UNBELIEVABLY unhelpful! If this is what passes for a highly rated public school in FL, I am worried we made a mistake moving here!

Posted August 19, 2014
my daughter went to water's edge elem from 1-5th grade. In kindergarten she was at del prado elementary. I have to say water's edge elementary is like a well oiled machine. Starting from the time I dropped her off to the time I picked her up. Most of her teachers were excellent. When I saw a previous post, I was surprised to see that someone would take their child out of an excellent public school and into one of the most expensive private schools around. She is lucky to be able to afford that option, but as a teacher myself, I have to say water's edge elementary is the best education (public or private) that they can give their child.

Waters Edge Elementary School 2

Posted August 13, 2014
I find it interesting that when I began researching this school, the most recent posts where mainly on the same day or within a couple of days from the August 3rd posting. I began inquiring and found out that the principal requested that the PTA write reviews because there were some bad reviews that had been written previously. No school should have to resort to that level for a good rating or review.

Posted April 05, 2014
I looked at this site before my daughter started school. Now she has almost completed Kindergarten so I thought I should leave a review here... She is in the gifted program. We could not be happier! I was worried about the transition from preschool, but the teacher has been amazing. Loving, caring and great at teaching too. My daughter has learned some amazing stuff this school year. Writing like a "big kid", some pretty advanced math and reading of course. She loves going to school. Agree with other reviews that the staff are always friendly and the principal does actually seem to know everyone by first name. I was shocked when she said my daughter's name in the morning one day... The teacher always replies to email straight away if there is an issue. No bullying that I have heard of or seen. My only issue is that lunch is very early for K. Apart from that we love Waters Edge! Anna Firestone

Posted February 22, 2014
I have been in this school for 5 years this is my 6th my teachers are awesome and very supportive. Next year I will really miss this school it is a great school between all the friends I have made and all the learning I catch up on every day I will never forget this school!

Waters Edge Elementary School 4

Posted October 06, 2013
Not sure on a rating yet... My daughter will be starting next year. I have to say I do see a lot of complaining about the FCAT??? In High School, College and beyond to Graduate and Professional Studies it is a requirement to take standardized testing in order to gain entry to your desired program. I for one am thrilled that my child will be taught study habits and actually have to study in order to take a standardized test effectively. Examples of standardized testing... MCAT, LSAT, DMAT, ACT etc. Better to learn the study habits now where it is second nature. The issue I am concerned about is the bullying I have read about. If I witness this not only with my child, but with another I guarantee I WILL be heard, and I will NOT go away until it is handled. Unacceptable.

Waters Edge Elementary School 2

Posted August 18, 2013
Ten new "parents" comments in two days...hmmm...someone trying to fix this rating? Perhaps staff? And parents "choosing" a public school is interesting. Our daughter was in gifted kindergarten to second; the curriculum was the same. School didn't know what to do with highly gifted child who also had a learning disability. Our daughter thrived this past year at St. Andrews- so much friendlier and pleasant experience.

Waters Edge Elementary School
21601 Shorewind Drive, Boca Raton, FL  33428
Last modified Waters Edge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waters Edge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 65 reviews. Top