Posted December 06, 2014
Hi. I am a former student of WEES and it changed my life. I transferred here from another elementary school into the gifted program in first grade. I made all of my friends here and now I am in eighth grade. Great teachers that care, great specials, great people and a great curriculum. If your a parent and reading this, please let this show you that this school is great. Coming from a former students perspective, your child will love it there and have some great memories.

Waters Edge Elementary School 1

Posted September 23, 2014
We just moved here from out of state and came from a very highly rated school. So far our experience has been HORRIBLE. Starting from the first phone call to the school to get information about how to register my two Elementary aged children. The person who answered the phone was rude and unhelpful. I finally gave up and called the county office. My younger son cried every night the first three weeks of school. "Curriculum night" consisted of the teachers telling us what would be the same as last year (which meant nothing to me as we were not here last year) and using a lot of acronyms we are not familiar with as we just moved here out of state. I keep having people tell me what a great school it is, but everyone except my older son's fifth grade teacher and the after school care (ATB) staff has been rude, unfriendly, and UNBELIEVABLY unhelpful! If this is what passes for a highly rated public school in FL, I am worried we made a mistake moving here!

Posted August 19, 2014
my daughter went to water's edge elem from 1-5th grade. In kindergarten she was at del prado elementary. I have to say water's edge elementary is like a well oiled machine. Starting from the time I dropped her off to the time I picked her up. Most of her teachers were excellent. When I saw a previous post, I was surprised to see that someone would take their child out of an excellent public school and into one of the most expensive private schools around. She is lucky to be able to afford that option, but as a teacher myself, I have to say water's edge elementary is the best education (public or private) that they can give their child.

Waters Edge Elementary School 2

Posted August 13, 2014
I find it interesting that when I began researching this school, the most recent posts where mainly on the same day or within a couple of days from the August 3rd posting. I began inquiring and found out that the principal requested that the PTA write reviews because there were some bad reviews that had been written previously. No school should have to resort to that level for a good rating or review.

Posted April 05, 2014
I looked at this site before my daughter started school. Now she has almost completed Kindergarten so I thought I should leave a review here... She is in the gifted program. We could not be happier! I was worried about the transition from preschool, but the teacher has been amazing. Loving, caring and great at teaching too. My daughter has learned some amazing stuff this school year. Writing like a "big kid", some pretty advanced math and reading of course. She loves going to school. Agree with other reviews that the staff are always friendly and the principal does actually seem to know everyone by first name. I was shocked when she said my daughter's name in the morning one day... The teacher always replies to email straight away if there is an issue. No bullying that I have heard of or seen. My only issue is that lunch is very early for K. Apart from that we love Waters Edge! Anna Firestone

Posted February 22, 2014
I have been in this school for 5 years this is my 6th my teachers are awesome and very supportive. Next year I will really miss this school it is a great school between all the friends I have made and all the learning I catch up on every day I will never forget this school!

Waters Edge Elementary School 4

Posted October 06, 2013
Not sure on a rating yet... My daughter will be starting next year. I have to say I do see a lot of complaining about the FCAT??? In High School, College and beyond to Graduate and Professional Studies it is a requirement to take standardized testing in order to gain entry to your desired program. I for one am thrilled that my child will be taught study habits and actually have to study in order to take a standardized test effectively. Examples of standardized testing... MCAT, LSAT, DMAT, ACT etc. Better to learn the study habits now where it is second nature. The issue I am concerned about is the bullying I have read about. If I witness this not only with my child, but with another I guarantee I WILL be heard, and I will NOT go away until it is handled. Unacceptable.

Waters Edge Elementary School 2

Posted August 18, 2013
Ten new "parents" comments in two days...hmmm...someone trying to fix this rating? Perhaps staff? And parents "choosing" a public school is interesting. Our daughter was in gifted kindergarten to second; the curriculum was the same. School didn't know what to do with highly gifted child who also had a learning disability. Our daughter thrived this past year at St. Andrews- so much friendlier and pleasant experience.

Posted August 05, 2013
My son will be starting his third year at Waters Edge Elementary this year. We LOVE this school. The principal knows the kids by name and I always willing to stop and discuss whatever is on your mind. The office staff is first rate, always willing and able to answers questions and help out in anyway they can. The teachers are great! My son has loved his teaches each year. The teachers take the time to be involved in all aspects of the child's development. Communication with the teachers has been wonderful! Truly a great experience. The PTA at the school is second to none. The PTA has so many events for the kids, it really feels like a community! Waters Edge is a wonderful experience. We are very happy that we chose this school.

Posted August 05, 2013
Since day 1 at Waters Edge Elementary my son and I have had great experiences! Starting in kindergarten and now going to 5th grade the time has flown by! The staff has be friendly and always make my son comfortable in knowing that someone is there that he knows. I also am relieved that there is someone my son can go to if he needs to, he is never alone. The activities the schools has throughout the year are a great way to bring the school together no matter what grade. They are also involved in the community through the PTA, the parents at Waters Edge are always there to help and they do so in a lot of ways! My family has made many friends at Waters Edge and are happy to be apart of it!

Waters Edge Elementary School
21601 Shorewind Drive, Boca Raton, FL  33428
Last modified Waters Edge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waters Edge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top