Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Never had a bullying issue with my children. The school does not tolerate bullying or disruptive classroom behavior. I do not see the school counselor very involved with the students as much as I would like to see.

Supports LD students: Agree

The school is not designed for students who need direct instruction with an ESE certified teacher but students who need minor classroom accommodations are very successful.

Effective school leaders: Neutral

The administration changes every few years and there isn't much communication coming from them. The FAU Dean doesn't return emails or phone calls to parents either.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Family atmosphere with an involved PTA helps build positive character with the students.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Wonderful teachers with caring personalities! Love that the teachers have interns from FAU to help in the classrooms and give more individualized attention to the students!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Not much HW is given in elementary...actually wished they had more to fill up their nights!

My children have been attending this school for 5 years now and we are beyond grateful to have such a wonderful education experience. I love the small school atmosphere with the teachers very caring and attentive to the students. It is truly amazing to go to a school that teaches swimming starting in Kindergarten and with such a fun loving teacher! The only negative points I would stress is that I wish students in elementary were taught Spanish as an elective (instead of chorus), have a stronger athletic program, and that administration wasn't changed every few years. I also feel that sometimes the front office staff isn't very attentive or welcoming. Overall though this truly is an amazing school with phenomenal teachers and student population.

my son is in his second year at ADHUS. loves the school and staff, truly considers himself an "Owl". this staff motivates him, he is in the after school program as and they are a great help with any issues he has with his homework.

I have entered my children in the lottery a few years and found that my daughter's application didn't go through this time. I emailed the address given and visited the school to fix whatever the issue was. The front desk said this happened a lot and suggested using different computers to apply. After no success I called back and was told no one has ever had this problem and I must have done something incorrectly. *This is after the front desk confirmed there was a problem with the application site. After feeling frustrated and sad that no one ever called me back or returned my emails I realized I wouldn't want my children to go to a school with dishonest staff, even about something so evident. So... I'm happy these events let me know about the organization and ethics of the staff. P.S. tech staff - you're database isn't completely clearing and the names of previously applied children. They are in the wrong table hidden in your system -get QA to find where that is and re-write the code so this doesn't happen to future applicants, (that will not be including my children).

Some of the teachers are horrible and literally hand the kids grades with "bug points". The amount of homework is over the top. We spend at least three hours every night doing homework. Way to much. Very clicky. If you come in late, good luck. You will not become part of the group. They concentrate mostly on math and english so the kids will score well on the national tests. Way overrated and the kids are not very socially adept due to the very small classes. Especially the high school.

Last modified A.D. Henderson University School & Fau High School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.