1,032 students|Fau Lab Sch

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

A.D. Henderson University School & Fau High School 1

Posted May 09, 2016
I have entered my children in the lottery a few years and found that my daughter's application didn't go through this time. I emailed the address given and visited the school to fix whatever the issue was. The front desk said this happened a lot and suggested using different computers to apply. After no success I called back and was told no one has ever had this problem and I must have done something incorrectly. *This is after the front desk confirmed there was a problem with the application site. After feeling frustrated and sad that no one ever called me back or returned my emails I realized I wouldn't want my children to go to a school with dishonest staff, even about something so evident. So... I'm happy these events let me know about the organization and ethics of the staff. P.S. tech staff - you're database isn't completely clearing and the names of previously applied children. They are in the wrong table hidden in your system -get QA to find where that is and re-write the code so this doesn't happen to future applicants, (that will not be including my children).

A.D. Henderson University School & Fau High School 2

Posted January 29, 2016
Some of the teachers are horrible and literally hand the kids grades with "bug points". The amount of homework is over the top. We spend at least three hours every night doing homework. Way to much. Very clicky. If you come in late, good luck. You will not become part of the group. They concentrate mostly on math and english so the kids will score well on the national tests. Way overrated and the kids are not very socially adept due to the very small classes. Especially the high school.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted September 05, 2015
So far I have no complaints. Still getting to know the teachers, but they all seem very good.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted September 05, 2015
It is alot but since we come home late maybe it's just a matter of adjusting study time on the week days and weekends.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted September 05, 2015
The curriculum is very intense and there is no room for laziness if you want to succeed. Help is there for those who need it but they are encouraged to take charge of their grades.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted September 05, 2015
We are new and so far I see it starting with privacy. Students are not allowed to take photos while on campus.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 05, 2015
No bullying policy in effect. They also have a mentoring program for students who may struggle academically.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 05, 2015
Most of my son's assignments are online and not only does he get to track, ask questions and keep track of his grades and assignments, but I am able to view what he does and his grades.

A.D. Henderson University School & Fau High School 4

Posted September 05, 2015
We are new to the school so everything can be a bit overwhelming as a parent. The communication with the school has been excellent and I feel that I am informed about upcoming activities and events within a reasonable time. My son is learning organization and time management while being challenged.

A.D. Henderson University School & Fau High School 5

Posted September 01, 2015
This school is so amazing on every level. I love the small classroom environment and I feel like the faculty and staff are a family. The teachers are amazing and so many of them have master's, and others are even going for their PhD. I was impressed from the first day that I walked into the front office. I was greeted by the principal who personally took me on a tour of the school. She was warm, helpful, and knowledgeable. I really felt like she cared about my concerns, and as we walked through the school I could see her deep regard for her staff. The cultural diversity is very impressive, and parental involvement, (even for middle and high school), is much more then I can say for many schools that I've looked at. I was so taken by the fact that they teach swimming as one of their specials---starting in kindergarten! I especially love that the school has its own FAU police, and that the Officers are very present within the school and on campus. I am looking forward to my children's future at Henderson, and I would recommend it to any family!

777 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL  33431
Last modified A.D. Henderson University School & Fau High School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.