Boca Raton, FL

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted May 22, 2015
The turn around of some of the teachers is over and over because they don't understand the students or vice versa as a parent I don't even understand them sometime.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 22, 2015
They don't have time to do everything at school as the kids don't understand the teacher or vice versa so they send home LOTS of homework LOTS.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 22, 2015
If anyone can name anything that this school does to develop this then I would like to hear about it.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 22, 2015
I repeat that if you want your child to be treated with no respect and then not understood by the teacher then this is the school for you.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 22, 2015
If they can allow bullies to continue then No I do not feel this school does enough to develop compassion or caring.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 22, 2015
They allow kids to be bullies and some even rewarded that is not the way of Our Lord.

St Joan Of Arc School 2

Posted May 22, 2015
If you want your child in a class of 25-30 and that allows bulling and oh when they complain the teachers don't understand English then this is the school for you.

St Joan Of Arc School 3

Posted April 26, 2015
My daughter just enrolled in 7th grade this year. And I am pleased to say that the teaching styles and technology are much beyond my expectations. However, my daughter was struggling with her grades very much, so I decided to make conferences with her teachers. Now my daughter has been to 9 different schools in her life time. Thats alot! So you could have imagined that I was very shocked when every single teacher said the same thing, "She learned this last year." This made me upset. Did they just expect her to get the same education at other low class public schools compared to this high education private one? Im still in shock. If you are thinking about enrolling your child in an upper grade, be cautios! But if your enrolling a child in a lower grade, (Pre-K3 - 4th ) I say go for it! This way they can have a better education from the start.

St Joan Of Arc School 5

Posted February 04, 2015
Our children are in middle school at Saint Joan, where they are constantly challenged and encouraged to reach new academic goals. Sometimes it's hard work, but I am super-proud of how much they've learned and how far they've come. I have no doubt they will be prepared for any high school we choose. There are always adjustments to be made when there is a change in administration, but our teachers and staff have risen to the challenge, adding valuable programs and in some cases improving on the great programs we've always had. Overall we are very pleased and are looking forward to the next couple of years at Saint Joan.

St Joan Of Arc School 5

Posted January 27, 2015
We recently placed our daughter into St. Joan after being unhappy with the highly rated public school in our area. She entered into St. Joan after school had already been in session for a couple of weeks. We cannot begin to describe the warmth and community feel that we have experienced. We were welcomed in by staff, students, teachers and parents alike. Our daughter is flourishing and happy. She is being challenged academically and also socially loving all of her new friendships. They have managed to make the perfect arrangement for the adults as well- in waiting to pick up your kids, you are chatting and getting to know the other parents. We have also formed new friendships. I truly feel that God has us guided to this wonderful institution and it is only the start of our lives here. This is a place that focuses on building your whole child- academically, socially, as well as keeping a strong emphasis on religion. They are conscious of raising good people not just good students. We have younger children who will soon be attending as well.

501 Southwest 3rd Avenue, Boca Raton, FL  33432