Boca Raton, FL

St Joan Of Arc School 4

Posted June 17, 2014
St. Joan of Arc has been a wonderful place for our children and family. After much deliberation, we started our kids there in PreK3. A sudden family change required us to move 2000 miles from home to the "best school system in the country". After our experience at St. Joan, the only thing we were impressed with was smaller class sizes, and truly, I don't think it mattered much to my kids. We are talking 18 to 20 students versus 20-25 at St. Joan. The academics and the opportunities afforded to them in this area are unsurpassed. Our family comes from a highly educated background, we know how to look for schools and this is one of the best in the area not only with academics, but with love, compassion, and community. Our family is welcomed and loved always. We have a true sense of family here and are so glad to be a part of such a fabulous community. I highly recommend this school and Catholic parish to anyone. Your children and your family will benefit.

Posted June 16, 2014
My daughter was struggling in public school and not happy with the system. After moving to SJA 2 years ago in 5th grade, she loves learning and she has become very independent in her studies. we both Love the school, and the families. We have made some amazing friends! My daughter says "Everybody loves her" Submitted by a parent

Posted June 16, 2014
SJA is truly our home. Over the years, I've noted that SJA graduates do exceptionally well, graduating at the top of their high school classes more often than not. This is exciting! Coupled with the fact that our children are motivated and learning in a warm and loving atmosphere gives me hope for their future in this sometimes uncertain world. It is true, that children with behavioral issues are advised and may want to attend elsewhere. Nothing is perfect, but SJA has earned a solid reputation for weeding through these types of distractions. For the rest of the student body, this is clearly a win-win. Enjoying the summer, but looking forward to next fall!

Posted June 16, 2014
The best word to describe St. Joan of Arc is FAMILY! The teachers, the children and their families are now part of our family. This is a wonderful, nurturing, strict, religious, educational experience. When you ask the kids if they like school they say the LOVE IT! It is a school where you feel safe to leave your child- because they are protected and cared about. I am so happy to say my child is the third generation in our family to attend St. Joan.

Posted June 14, 2014
My 3 kids go to St Joan of Arc school , my oldest going onto 8th grade, a 3rd grader and a 1st grader , all of them since pk3 , love the teachers, love the families, love the office staff, everybody is so nice, my kids love going to school, I won't change SJA for anything

Posted May 28, 2014
St. Joan of Arc School and Church is a welcoming and caring community. My two sons graduated and moved smoothly into Boca Raton High, enrolling mostly in AP courses. They left with solid skills in Math and English which helped them excel in the AP courses that have become the norm for college bound students. Last year's Boca High co-salutatorian is attending MIT. Another alumni, Vassar. My daughter is in the sixth grade and I'm impressed with the math, English and reading skills she has mastered. Even their library time is used to teach how to research subjects. But St. Joan also nurtures character, where children are treated with love and respect and they are respectful and kind to each other. Just walk through the school for a few minutes to experience this. My wife has been a homeroom mom several times and worked in the office on occasion. She always returns home with some story of something nice a child or parent said. Class sizes now are in the mid to low 20's. Every school has issues but I have always found that St. Joan works as quickly as possible to address these. We've been at STJ for 15 years and it has been our home away from home. Tour the school. You'll see!

St Joan Of Arc School 1

Posted May 22, 2014
Would not send any of my other children here. Ass a parent you will be unhappy with all the politics of this school.

Posted May 01, 2014
My child attended catholic school in IL and after we moved to Florida last year he was enrolled in a public school as we didn't know the area. He is 5th grade now and I feel that with some exceptions, he wasted this school year. For this reason I am considering to put him in St. Joan of Arc next year. I've met the teachers and the staff few times as well as some parents and so far I can only praise this school. When you parents say that the teachers are bad please think twice as I am sure compared to the best public school in Boca Raton, St. Joan of Arc is way, way better. We all want the best for our children and this school is great.

St Joan Of Arc School 2

Posted February 21, 2014
Went 4 years, Pre K 3 was great because of the prayers, the art, music which were good self esteem builders. Then academic learning is supposed to begin, it doesn't happen. Teaching style is very outdated! ST JOAN's Blue Ribbon is now 9 years old from 2005 but they still capitalize on it and it's clearly Over.. If your child is NOT exceptional: smart, or needs extra help they may do OK here but would be VERY BEHIND if transferred to public school. Tons of worksheets in 1st grade and 10 or more for homework w/ no personalized intruction (25 kids : 1 teacher in 1st grade) I asked my child's teacher to spend a little time helping explain some work and her reply was "I Can't I have 24 other students, maybe 5 minutes after school on Wednesday." Seriously? We devote our time, our treasure = lots of money, and talent to fund the school and they won't even spend a few minutes to help a kid that didn't "get it" the first time. Poor education, really wanted my Child to have a solid Catholic Ed, such a waste of a potentially good school. Sr.Ellen is out of the loop because she won't accept anonymous letters which would give her true insight. Left after 1st grade & couldn't read!

St Joan Of Arc School 1

Posted January 21, 2014
K-4 was fine when my child went through those years. Middle school is another story. There is a reason teachers are leaving this school in droves. Years ago this was a good school, but that is no longer true. They are trying to get by on their old reputation at this point. If my children weren't at the end of their years there, I would pull them. The teachers they have hired in middle school to replace those who left are ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. In fact it has been my experience that every new teacher from 5th grade on up has been a failure. Being more good teachers are set to leave, coupled with the fact that they have made pathetic hiring decisions, I would advise anyone considering St Joan of Arc School to save your money because you will not be getting what you paid for here. They trip over themselves to get new families enrolled, but once they have you- watch out. They are borderline abusive to middle school families as they know no one wants to pull their kid at this stage of the game and their true colors come out. I used to like this school and I am sad to say I would no longer recommend SJA to anyone.

St Joan Of Arc School