PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Teachers and staff truly care about the students and families. Extremely encouraging and loving environment. Current students are so welcoming of new students. They teach values. Instill the importance of accountability, respect, organization, and hard work balanced beautifully with the importance of enjoying life. Scholastically, they challenge the students, but the teachers are so passionate about the children and learning that they create learning through different ways that truly inspire the kids. My daughter started this year and couldn't be happier.

This school has been a fantastic fit for my 2 kids - 2nd grade and Kindergarten. I like that they take a more "old school" approach to Kindergarten, and still treat that as part of their Early Childhood program. The Kindergarten children are offered a lot of opportunities to challenge themselves with reading and math, but are not "pushed" into topics or skills they aren't developmentally ready to take on. The *true* academic push seems to start in 1st grade....I also love the "open door policy" of this school. Parents are allowed to walk their children into the classrooms each day, up until the child decides they are "old enough" and don't want Mom/Dad tagging along in the mornings. This has helped me feel a strong connection to the lessons taking place in the classrooms, since I can see the projects up on the walls and greet my children's teachers each morning. ... This school has a warm, welcoming atmosphere - a great academic program - and helps the students grow in to teens with strong value system in place.

I graduated from St. Paul and loved it. I still keep in touch with the teachers and my classmates, to this day, are still my best friends. The classroom setting was always safe and the education provided was excellent. Great events that bring the school together and help keep the parents involved. The sports program is strong and teaches kids (and parents for that matter) valuable skills to take into high school and college. Dr. Krempler (the principal) is an outstanding person and leader. I would recommend St. Paul to any parent considering sending their child here. - A proud Falcon alumni

Best thing I ever did was to enroll my child in this school. All of the teachers are fantastic. The staff and students are all incredibly kind and caring. They have a terrific math program where everyone takes math at the same time which allows each student to enroll in the math class that best suits him/her. We came to the school in 4th grade and were welcomed by staff and students. My child readily made many friends. The academics are all around excellent. All students take the SAT and my child continues to perform very well on them, so the school must be doing something right! The school sets an atmosphere which encourages the students to perform well (it's cool to be smart) but isn't afraid to hand out poor grades for those that earned them (No "Pay for As" here). We feel very fortunate to be part of the St Paul family!

The school is "ok" - it has some teachers that are just sick of teaching and going through the motions. If you are a 'lifer' you're all set but a new kid has a heck of a hard time finding help and friends. No one really has even approached us as a new family. And there is a religion sub who tells the children that if you are not Lutheran then you are not a true Christian- that Lutheran is the only religion closest to God. It's a joke. Oh and there's quite the nepotism in the school. Good luck getting something resolved if it involves any of the married couples.

St. Paul's has been consistent from day one. The teachers are loving and kind. They are dedicated individuals who truly love children and understand the hardships of being a parent. My child has life-threatening allergies and the St. Paul's staff has always taken care of my daughter regardless of the extra care needed. We are blessed to part of the St. Paul's Family!

My 2nd and 4th graders are doing very well and ahead of their public school peers as we observe them. There is a lot of homework - sometimes too much. Parents are involved and once you get to know them very nice.

Very disappointed. The teachers were unorganized and the homework every night was unmanageable. I agree with another poster that said that she wondered what her child was doing all day because the amount of homework was ridiculous. The one thing i did like was the parents and friends that my son made. We never had a problem with cliques, the kids I met were great.

My kids have been very happy at St. Paul. The teachers are caring and work well both with gifted children and with struggling learners. I would strongly recommend this school to parents that want a smaller class size, lots of individual attention and hands on learning experiences for their children.

Last modified St Paul Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8