Advent Lutheran School

Private | K-8

Living in Boca Raton

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $232,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,190.

Sweep tile

Posted December 17, 2013

Both of my kids graduated from Advent. They received an outstanding education that carried them very well through West Boca High and Florida State. The teachers are outstanding and are led by an incredible Principal.

Posted December 17, 2013

I do not recommend this school for you kids. I took mine out. The principal at this school is horrible and unprofessional, as well as some teachers. Too many complains. My friend worked here in the past and told me they won't but their own kids there - as simple as that.

Posted December 17, 2013

I took my kid out, and feel sorry that I did not do it earlier. Even the place may sound OK first, the fact is, that they are unorganized, principal is crazy, and teachers uneducated and underpaid which gives an idea of quality you can expect. I am lutheran myself and was hoping to keep my child here, but I am so happy now that I made the right decision and took my child to another school. There are way better ones than this that you child deserve.

Posted December 15, 2013

My daughter attends VPK here now and I have mixed emotions. On one hand , I feel she is very safe ( which is so important) and everyone is very friendly ( these are the two reasons I chose this school). However, that being said academically I am not satisfied. Now granted My daughter is one of the older children in class but she has actually gone backwards in her progress of learning since starting school here. Also, things are very unorganized and always last minute information for parties, programs etc. Again, if this is your child's first school experience, they are a great choice to introduce your child to the structure of school and you will be happy with security and know your child is being treated kind but due to lack of organization and more importantly not advanced enough curriculum, we will be switching my daughter to another school starting next year. We are going to have to work harder with her at home now to get her back on track to where she should be for entering kindergarten.

Posted November 8, 2013

My daughter attends the ECS program now, and she is in her second year. I've been impressed with the staff's caring attitude toward the children. My daughter is happy to go, and I feel good knowing she is going there. I tried a few other schools/daycares prior to this, and all of them were subpar, with disinterested staff. At Advent, the focus is on learning, and the caring, loving attitude is a wonderful place for a 3 year old. Love it!

Posted October 21, 2013

Great School and Teachers. My son has been attending advent for a year and a half now. Although he loves his teachers, the principal at this school is horrible. Horrible enough that we decided to tranfer our son to another school .

Posted October 21, 2013

The teachers at Advent are beyond wonderful, caring, and loving to our children. Unfortunatly the director and asst director have made this school unorganized. I had no idea what room my child would be half the time until they finally transitioned her to her next class, they raised tuition, charged me a fee when I was 5 minutes late, I am constantly asked for donations and the director never has a valid answer for any of my questions. The director is unprofessional, condescending, and most of her answers come with a sarcastic tone. I feel sorry for the great staff at Advent. If it wasnt for them this school wouldve been closed.

Posted October 17, 2013

My daughter has been attending Advent after school program for over 4 years now. I have seen her grow academically and socially. The after school staff is wonderful. They are caring, loving & very attentive. It's a great atmosphere for children. I highly recommend Advent if you're a parent looking for safety, fun & fundamental structure.

Posted October 16, 2013

A great school. My children have been at advent since preschool. Each teacher has a love for teaching and it shows in each student. I couldn't ask to have found a better place to send my children to.

Posted October 13, 2013

I have both my 4 and 6 year old in the school. I love the size, the atmosphere and most importantly the teachers you can tell they truly love the children and what they do. I could not imagine my children going any where else. I am truly lucky to have found the school and am able to send them. The teachers know all the children's names in the school even though they are in different grades. I love this detail and the size. They security make me very comfortable leaving my children.

Posted October 13, 2013

My daughter has been at Advent since preK and I absolutely love it. The warm and caring atmosphere that is promoted on campus is felt not only from the staff, but also from the children all the way through eighth grade. All students truly care for each other and support each other. The academics are excellent and challenging. Advent is a wonderful environment for my daughter academically, socially, and spiritually, promoting self esteem, kindness, and focus.

Posted October 11, 2013

Advent is a wonderful school. My children have been students at Advent Early Childhood since they were three years old and are now attend the Advent Elementary & Middle School. The academics are wonderful, the teachers caring and loving, and the school cares about all aspects of a child: mind, body, & spirit.

Posted October 10, 2013

My granddaughter has attended the after school and camp programs for the last three years. We have been so pleased with the programming offered. The staff is great and always goes the extra mile to ensure safety, growth and entertainment for the children. When we pick her up she never wants to leave because she is having so much fun! The Christian atmosphere is perfect and it shines through all aspects of the programs. Great job! Great director and great staff!

Posted October 9, 2013

Advent Lutheran School offers a wonderful learning environment for all their students. Parents can be assured that their children are in a safe and wholesome school that has the feeling of an extended family. The continuity of this environment is carried over to their After Care Program where children from other schools are welcomed to join the Advent Lutheran School and are encouraged to interact with each other. With the proper assistance the After Care Program could be expanded and offered to more families in the community.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 9, 2013

Our child and family gives Advent Lutheran a 5 star rating. It's a pleasure to be part of Advent Lutheran's program

Posted October 8, 2013

My son attends Dusty's basketball camp there and had a great time. Dusty does a great job of teaching the kids the fundamentals and also allows them to have fun via games and scrimmages. Great job Advent!

Posted October 8, 2013

The Advent Lutheran School in Boca Raton has been nothing less than a Godsend to us...Recommended by our neighbor a retired school principal, we enrolled my grandson at age 3 in Early Childhood. His mom, my daughter had passed away suddenly. The teachers, school administrators and staff couldn't have been more kind and helpful at a very difficult time. My grandson now 6, whom we formally adopted, still attends Aftercare and Camp at Advent. Today, he's a happy boy with lots of friends who looks forward each day to going to Advent.

Posted October 4, 2013

My daughter attended Advent Elementary and Middle School. Advent prepared her well for rigorous honors and AP courses in high school. The staff at Advent were motivated to ensure that students were academically prepared for high school at the same time providing a loving environment. Most important, Advent instilled her with confidence, leadership skills and to be kind to others.

Posted June 2, 2012

In 2009 a group of the 5th grade kids left advent .Some to public schools and one to North Broward Prep. They all returned to Advent and graduated from Advent. Good academics, good sports, great caring teachers in a loving Christian setting . It's a place you want your daughter/son to be away from home. Our son has been in Advent since pre-K and was one of kids that has left and returned.

Posted May 30, 2011

My child just finished her first year at Advent, and we couldn't be happier. The academics are siginificantly stronger than her previous private school, and she had to work very hard to maintain A's. The staff is caring, motivated, and well-educated. The K-8 principal is fantastic. Lots of concern about keeping the curriculum up to date and challenging. My daughter will be extremely well prepared for a rigorous high school environment and able to compete with the brightest students in South Florida thanks to Advent. Wish we had found this school several years ago.

Two or more races 2% N/A
Asian 1% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Evangelical lutheran church in america
Associations
  • ELEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

300 E Yamato Rd