Posted November 04, 2014
There was a time this was a good school and your child was more than just a dollar sign. Unfortunately that is not the case anymore. I have had many years of experience at this school with multiple children and honestly so happy that our time here is almost done. The new administration is plain and simply horrible, they have finally started to consider catching up to technology yet not for all classes. Their charges are ridiculous, including book fees for the senior class that is the only class that is not issued ipads. God forbid your child want to participate in a fine arts program, this school has little interest, their focus seems to be only on athletics and the shove the responsibility of paying for upgrading athletic facitilities down every parents throat. Overall it is with great disappointment that I rate this school 1 star. Very sad to see what it has become

Posted July 24, 2014
School is not outdated. Kids have ipads. Most of the teachers have their Masters degrees and the leadership of the school has turned this school around. My daughter loves this school and there has been no bullying.

Posted August 29, 2013
School is very cliquey. If you did not come from St. Ambrose, St. Joan, St. Jude, or St. Marks it can be difficult to make friends, as the students who come from these schools already have friends/ cliques. The student parking lot is filled with expensive foreign cars that no teen should have. If you are bullied or a social outcast at Pope, it can be very hard. I did not enjoy my time at Pope...I was very happy to leave. Although I was a victim of bullying. Kids are mean. Bullies are everywhere, watch to be sure your child is happy. I would never send my future children here. I transferred to a public school senior year and was VERY thankful to leave, and wished I have been not been stuck at pope for 3 years. Teachers are Okay. Either Fantastic or awful.

Posted May 28, 2013
This school has very low standards in terms of education and rigor. The school is stuck in the 80 s literally. The textbooks are over 10 years old. A solid curriculum is non-existent, so your child will just learn the basics and will get by, so if you re looking for quality education, look elsewhere. There is no music program, so if you child likes music, forget about it. If you're looking for catholic education, send your child to Cardinal Gibbons or St. Thomas Aquinas. Plus the tuition is cheaper at these schools.

Posted December 17, 2012
First Year at Pope John Paul II for our child and its a BLESSING! We transferred from a 'very expensive, non-denominational school with poor academic criteria' just down the street from PJPII. We absolutely love the caring Catholic atmosphere here and are excited for all the possibilites for our child. We had two children that have graduated from PJPII about 7 years ago and they have very fond memories of the 4 years they spent here. They still have strong relationships with friends to this day.The only reason we had not initially sent our child here is because PJPII didnt use the McKay scholarship, but now does. With accomodations when the child has to take tests, made the school just perfect. The entire staff at the school are very willing to make sure your child does well and excel. We only wish that they had not done away with their music and band as it is so needed for many students that tend to be more creatively inclined. If you want excellence in academic, athletic and spiritual life then don t hesitate, this is the school for your family. You will feel like you 'came home', and your child will thank you as ours does.

Pope John Paul Ii High School 4

Posted April 10, 2012
I have been so happy with our 2 years at Pope. We moved Into town junior year, transferring from a very expensive, private school and decided on Pope because of the combined academic, athletic and spiritual life. Excellent honors & AP courses, smart boards in every classroom, active and caring teachers, competitive athletics that our kids can participate in and wonderful families...a hidden gem. My child was accepted to awesome colleges this year...Emory, UM, PennState, Auburn, UTexas...and nothing brats the senior year Kairos retreat. They teach the whole person, not just academics.

Posted March 05, 2012
The bullying at this school is a HUGE PROBLEM. The Principal and Dean do nothing about it. Girls, that have told their parents about this problem.... have transferred to another school. The girls that have not told their parents because they are embarrassed.... are suffering in silence. Be careful about sending your child there.

Posted March 05, 2012
I agree, bullying is a really big problem there. heard many stories. not all good. they seem to favor the boys in the sports programs, especially football.

Posted March 25, 2010
I could not be happier with things at this school. The energy you feel from the faculty and students is over the top. The children are being accepted to the finest schools in America. Hats off to the Diocese of Palm Beach for supporting this gem of a school.

Posted February 24, 2010
this school is the best all around school in south florida. every other school just cares about making a profit.

Pope John Paul Ii High School
4001 North Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL  33431
Last modified Pope John Paul Ii High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Pope John Paul Ii High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top