Posted August 15, 2015
Very happy at this school. Excellent teachers that care about there students and work hard to help them succeed. I have never felt that this school is all about how much money you donate. It truly is a great environment for education .

Posted June 17, 2015
I agree with the review below, don't go to Pope! They are in the process of changing their name but its still the same terrible administration. They have tried to update with I pads but they use mini ipads, what a joke, why not just use your cell phone to study from. Kids spend more time playing games on these and teachers don' t care. If you are a big donator to the school your student should breeze through, uniform violations will be overlooked as well as behavior issues. Save your money go else where.

Posted June 16, 2015
I was a student at Pope and I just graduated this year. I would not put my future children into this school because of the administration. The administration at Pope is not good whatsoever. I went to drop off a check one morning before class and it took 30 minutes because no one in the front office knows what is going on. Up in the higher tier of the Pope administration, The President, Principal, and Assistant Principal only care about how much money the parents are giving to the school. Also, Administration puts in more emphasis on the length of your shorts, the color of your shoes, and how you present yourself rather than the education being provided. Pope recently made the switch to giving classes iPad Minis to work with. The senior class was the only class to not get an iPad, but they told us we had to all buy the new uniform for the school year. On the day of orientation, Pope said to the seniors that we could wear our old uniforms. Meanwhile, my mom dropped $200 on my new uniforms. While making the switch to iPads, the seniors were given their books for the year. We still had to pay for the old over-10-year-old books even though the next senior classes won't be using them. I had 7 classes this year which 6 of them were supposed to have textbooks. How many textbooks did I get? 3. Why did I only get 3 books? Pope didn't have enough books, and we aren't allowed to use an online version (if there was one). For one of my classes, I had to PHOTOCOPY A TEXT BOOK because Pope didn't order the correct amount for the new Honors International Relations Course. But to flip the switch now, how about the athletic program? Actually, what athletic program? Pope only cares about Football and Boy's Lacrosse. Our football team is terrible. Football season 2012, Pope was so bad that we got our own conference created. And lost it. What "football team" has their own conference made and then looses it 3 year in a row. It's absolutely ridiculous hoe Pope actually thinks our team is good. Yes, there has been athletes that have been recruited to play football, but Pope shouldn't be acting as if we're in the Top 20 like St. Thomas Aquinas, American Heritage, Booker T. Washington, Bolles School, and Pahokee High School. Boys Lacrosse is decent, but we were much better in 2011-2014. There is a new athletic director at Pope that came later in this school year, so I can't judge yet.

Posted January 06, 2015
Love this school! My son is attending and will graduate from this amazing school. The administration has changed in the last couple of years and they are making great strides in how the school runs and is operated. The books are now on iPads, homework and grades come right to our email inbox either daily or weekly. Parent involvement is very high and the general feeling is that everyone who comes here is really invested not only in the school but in a great Catholic education. The teachers always go that extra mile for the kids and the tuition for the Boca Raton area is really very affordable, especially in comparison with other private schools in the area. We really couldn't be happier.

Posted November 04, 2014
There was a time this was a good school and your child was more than just a dollar sign. Unfortunately that is not the case anymore. I have had many years of experience at this school with multiple children and honestly so happy that our time here is almost done. The new administration is plain and simply horrible, they have finally started to consider catching up to technology yet not for all classes. Their charges are ridiculous, including book fees for the senior class that is the only class that is not issued ipads. God forbid your child want to participate in a fine arts program, this school has little interest, their focus seems to be only on athletics and the shove the responsibility of paying for upgrading athletic facitilities down every parents throat. Overall it is with great disappointment that I rate this school 1 star. Very sad to see what it has become

Posted July 24, 2014
School is not outdated. Kids have ipads. Most of the teachers have their Masters degrees and the leadership of the school has turned this school around. My daughter loves this school and there has been no bullying.

Posted August 29, 2013
School is very cliquey. If you did not come from St. Ambrose, St. Joan, St. Jude, or St. Marks it can be difficult to make friends, as the students who come from these schools already have friends/ cliques. The student parking lot is filled with expensive foreign cars that no teen should have. If you are bullied or a social outcast at Pope, it can be very hard. I did not enjoy my time at Pope...I was very happy to leave. Although I was a victim of bullying. Kids are mean. Bullies are everywhere, watch to be sure your child is happy. I would never send my future children here. I transferred to a public school senior year and was VERY thankful to leave, and wished I have been not been stuck at pope for 3 years. Teachers are Okay. Either Fantastic or awful.

Posted May 28, 2013
This school has very low standards in terms of education and rigor. The school is stuck in the 80 s literally. The textbooks are over 10 years old. A solid curriculum is non-existent, so your child will just learn the basics and will get by, so if you re looking for quality education, look elsewhere. There is no music program, so if you child likes music, forget about it. If you're looking for catholic education, send your child to Cardinal Gibbons or St. Thomas Aquinas. Plus the tuition is cheaper at these schools.

Posted December 17, 2012
First Year at Pope John Paul II for our child and its a BLESSING! We transferred from a 'very expensive, non-denominational school with poor academic criteria' just down the street from PJPII. We absolutely love the caring Catholic atmosphere here and are excited for all the possibilites for our child. We had two children that have graduated from PJPII about 7 years ago and they have very fond memories of the 4 years they spent here. They still have strong relationships with friends to this day.The only reason we had not initially sent our child here is because PJPII didnt use the McKay scholarship, but now does. With accomodations when the child has to take tests, made the school just perfect. The entire staff at the school are very willing to make sure your child does well and excel. We only wish that they had not done away with their music and band as it is so needed for many students that tend to be more creatively inclined. If you want excellence in academic, athletic and spiritual life then don t hesitate, this is the school for your family. You will feel like you 'came home', and your child will thank you as ours does.

Pope John Paul Ii High School 4

Posted April 10, 2012
I have been so happy with our 2 years at Pope. We moved Into town junior year, transferring from a very expensive, private school and decided on Pope because of the combined academic, athletic and spiritual life. Excellent honors & AP courses, smart boards in every classroom, active and caring teachers, competitive athletics that our kids can participate in and wonderful families...a hidden gem. My child was accepted to awesome colleges this year...Emory, UM, PennState, Auburn, UTexas...and nothing brats the senior year Kairos retreat. They teach the whole person, not just academics.

Pope John Paul Ii High School
4001 North Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL  33431
Last modified Pope John Paul Ii High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Pope John Paul Ii High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top