Boca Raton, FL

Posted April 15, 2015
I have been so unhappy at DKJA and can't wait to leave. Many of my friends agree. HS is a time to grow and meet new people-not feel stifled in a coccoon with maybe 25-30 kids in your grade. They keep saying we are "a family" but maybe that's because they play favorites with the wealthy kids and parents who get what they want. HS Judaics teacher shows videos so that he can take care of his personal business during class.PR for the school makes tiny boring programs seem like they were big interesting events. My siblings are in MS and said that this year is terrible. Mrs. Siegel is a nice person but should have stayed guidance counselor. They need a real principal to run things. THe Judaic principal Mora Sammy Lontok who replaced Rabbi Berskon made the schools Jewish reputation take a punch. She plans boring programs and walks around like she is the head of hte school. Has been very unapproachable to some of my friend's parents. The Jewish atmosphere that used to be here is gone. It's a pity that it's not what it used to be. It's great to have a new head of school but there is so much that needs to be fixed..

Posted April 13, 2015
Terrible place to work. No true leadership, and our time and efforts are not valued. Quality of academic and Judaic studies has so deteriorated. More excellent teachers are leaving this year and those of us who can't leave right now are envious. Experienced educational leadership is seriously lacking. Guidance counselors and Hebrew teachers are running the school.

Posted March 25, 2015
I love working at DKJA where we are more than a school, we are a family.

Posted March 13, 2015
I have been at Donna Klein since 1st grade. Academically I have been challenged and I look forward to going to school every day where I get to learn and see my friends who I have known since first grade. I feel like Donna Klein is a great school where you can make lasting friendships while being challenged academically. I feel like Donna Klein is an amazing school and I would reccommend it to everyone.

Posted January 04, 2015
This school is a huge disappointment. Administration caters to the wealthy and ignores the needs of those who don't pay full tuition. There is frequent bullying , but if the culprits have influential parents, there is no follow-up. Disruptive students in classes they don't even belong in ruin the learning experience for others. Teachers are overworked and stressed and it shows. And the academics are poor. These reasons would account for the loss of about 100 students since last year when many poor decisions were made and even many now switch to other private schools. Several principals don't even have degrees in administration or supervision. For what you pay, it's not worth it.
2 people found this helpful

Donna Klein Jewish Academy 4

Posted August 13, 2011
I am a student here in Donna Klein. I've been coming here since I was in 2nd grade. They have a great education, small classes, and good teachers. There are no fights or any bullying done here. The only problem is the financial part. The tuition is around 20,000 dollars unless you get financial aid which super rare. The administration is very reluctant to lower the cost. You literally have to beg on your knees. Don't waste you time on that.

Posted August 01, 2011
Update from October, 16, 2010. After almost a year out of Donna Klein, one of my students is still not meeting required criteria. What did they teach her since second grade?? She knows almost no science and is still struggling to catch up in math. The money that has been spent on tutoring and enrichment programs is unbelievable. I am still embarrassed at myself for falling for their snow job but it is the children who have suffered. Don't send your children here!!

Posted May 30, 2011
I agree with the person who wrote the review on Oct 16 2010. If its too good to be true I also have been snowed. This school has a poor administration starting from the the head of the school who only cares about her status and donations. Not the kids or parents. The principal many times uses poor judgement and complains about issues that should not involve the school. Lotss of vindictiveness and unprofessionalism. Its all about drama, drama, drama. Parents are too involved walking around the halls of the school. If you want your child to grow to make his own decisions. Don't send your child here!!! They say it is a family oriented school, but its all about how much you donate and which parent complains the loudest. Oh if you do decide to send your middle schooler here make sure you have no conflicts with your bat/bar Mitzvah date otherwise it will be your biggest nightmare. It is a shame academics is good, not enough to stay here. oh once you sign your child up you better be sure.They will NOT refund your money.

Posted March 22, 2011
I have 2 kids here - started in Pre-K and one is now in middle school entering high school and one is in lower school and I will stay through high school and highly recommend DKJA. It is a family atmosphere with the parents, principals and teachers all working towards a common goal of giving each child a great education along with fostering great character, morals and community responsibility. It's not just about learning but developing each kid to be a great caring person. The classes are small so your kids can get lots of attention and it's easier to ask questions which builds their confidence. If you have an issue/problem, you get an immediate response. I'm amazed how the teachers know so many details about my children - they really pay attention. If there is a class or club not offered, you have their support in starting one. This school cares about you and your child. Parents are always active and around and helpful and watching out for each other's kids. The Principal is strong, always available and always around/very visible. I highly recommend this school.

Posted April 30, 2010
My review is for the Middle School only. It is the best academic middle school in Boca Raton. I have had 3 children all attend grade 1 through 8 and am so impressed with everything about the middle school. I love the principal, Carol Kolsky. I loved the academics in the lower school but found the lower school principal and the head of school principal to be unprofessional and unsupportive on several occasions. If you send your child here during middle school, you will have a wonderful advantage in any high school you choose to attend.

Donna Klein Jewish Academy
9701 Donna Klein Boulevard, Boca Raton, FL  33428
Last modified Donna Klein Jewish Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Donna Klein Jewish Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top