Boca Raton, FL

Donna Klein Jewish Academy
Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 02, 2015
Seventeen teachers are leaving DKJA this year--most of their own choice. What does that say about the state of the school? Administration lacks the skills and knowledge to lead and inspire. Poor promotions and hiring choices were made by former head of school, Karen Feller. Under Principal Sidney Siegel, academics have declined, and since Sammy Chukran Lontok became the Judaics Principal, the dept has deteriorated. Ms. Chukran Lontok has failed to create a warm and stimulating Jewish environment, and she is unkind to parent volunteers. Bullying is not properly addressed when the parents of bullies are wealthy donors. The high school is not growing and remains small. Make an informed decision about your child's education; do not just read the PR reviews.

Posted May 10, 2015
It is with great pleasure that I write this review on behalf of Donna Klein Jewish Academy. My family has been involved with this school for nearly a decade with children attending there. They have received a quality education in both secular studies and Judaic studies. The staff utilizes the newest methods and materials available. I have had the opportunity over the years to attend a number of wonderful programs there. I feel a lot of Ruach each time that I am there. The staff maintain a dignified professional look and have always been willing to address any questions that I might have. It is quite clear to me that this spirit and leadership starts with the Administration of the school. We are fortunate to have such dedicated professionals to lead and guide our children making this a superior school.

Posted May 10, 2015
DKJA provides each and every student with a fine Judaic and secular education. The classes being small, gives the students the personal attention that they might need. A quality education here is evidenced by where graduates of the high school end up in top colleges and universitites. Students who have had the gift of attending DKJA can attest to this. I recommend this school highly. Confident in the fact that my children and every other student will develop to their fullest potential.

Donna Klein Jewish Academy 4

Posted May 05, 2015
I couldn't be happier with the development that I have seen in my kid. We moved from the north east, where supposedly the schools are better. I have to say that not only the pure academics are impressive, but the opportunities for the children to develop their leadership skills are top-notch. The building and physical infrastructure could be improved. If you are looking for a school, I highly recommend you look into DKJA.

Posted April 15, 2015
I have been so unhappy at DKJA and can't wait to leave. Many of my friends agree. HS is a time to grow and meet new people-not feel stifled in a coccoon with maybe 25-30 kids in your grade. They keep saying we are "a family" but maybe that's because they play favorites with the wealthy kids and parents who get what they want. HS Judaics teacher shows videos so that he can take care of his personal business during class.PR for the school makes tiny boring programs seem like they were big interesting events. My siblings are in MS and said that this year is terrible. Mrs. Siegel is a nice person but should have stayed guidance counselor. They need a real principal to run things. THe Judaic principal Mora Sammy Lontok who replaced Rabbi Berskon made the schools Jewish reputation take a punch. She plans boring programs and walks around like she is the head of hte school. Has been very unapproachable to some of my friend's parents. The Jewish atmosphere that used to be here is gone. It's a pity that it's not what it used to be. It's great to have a new head of school but there is so much that needs to be fixed..

Posted April 13, 2015
Terrible place to work. No true leadership, and our time and efforts are not valued. Quality of academic and Judaic studies has so deteriorated. More excellent teachers are leaving this year and those of us who can't leave right now are envious. Experienced educational leadership is seriously lacking. Guidance counselors and Hebrew teachers are running the school.

Posted March 25, 2015
I love working at DKJA where we are more than a school, we are a family.

Posted March 13, 2015
I have been at Donna Klein since 1st grade. Academically I have been challenged and I look forward to going to school every day where I get to learn and see my friends who I have known since first grade. I feel like Donna Klein is a great school where you can make lasting friendships while being challenged academically. I feel like Donna Klein is an amazing school and I would reccommend it to everyone.

Posted January 04, 2015
This school is a huge disappointment. Administration caters to the wealthy and ignores the needs of those who don't pay full tuition. There is frequent bullying , but if the culprits have influential parents, there is no follow-up. Disruptive students in classes they don't even belong in ruin the learning experience for others. Teachers are overworked and stressed and it shows. And the academics are poor. These reasons would account for the loss of about 100 students since last year when many poor decisions were made and even many now switch to other private schools. Several principals don't even have degrees in administration or supervision. For what you pay, it's not worth it.

Donna Klein Jewish Academy 4

Posted August 13, 2011
I am a student here in Donna Klein. I've been coming here since I was in 2nd grade. They have a great education, small classes, and good teachers. There are no fights or any bullying done here. The only problem is the financial part. The tuition is around 20,000 dollars unless you get financial aid which super rare. The administration is very reluctant to lower the cost. You literally have to beg on your knees. Don't waste you time on that.

Donna Klein Jewish Academy
9701 Donna Klein Boulevard, Boca Raton, FL  33428
Last modified Donna Klein Jewish Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Donna Klein Jewish Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top