No rating

Spanish River Christian School

Private | PK-8

Living in Boca Raton

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $232,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,190.

Posted September 3, 2013

We currently have 2 of our children attending SRCS. We are very happy overall with SRCS but wish the class sizes would be smaller. SRCS has 2 classes per grade and goes from preK-3 through 8th grade. There are 25 children in both of the preK-4 classes and there are 27 & 28 in the first grade classes. (these high numbers are the same throughout the grades/classes unfortunately) Each class has a teacher and an assistant (unlike pubic schools) but it seems 2 assistants are necessary with the younger children just to get order in the room before learning can even begin. The teachers, assistants, staff, principals and headmaster at SRCS are awesome. They nurture the whole child and create a happy, safe educational environment for our children. The families that attend are also wonderful. Good people. Great school. (*You do NOT have to be a member of the SR Church in order for your children to attend. We are Catholic, as are aprox. 50% of their students, and attend a Catholic church instead)

Posted November 27, 2012

This school is a rare gem in our area. The faculty and staff treat you like family. The teachers love your children as if they were their own. We feel so comfortable and confident that our children are receiving the best possible education and that they are learning about Christ as well. What an incredible blessing to attend a school which is so high- performing in academics and in athletics while being strongly rooted in a Christian foundation. I cannot think of any other school to which we would rather send our children.

Posted January 16, 2012

I was a student who attended this school for 8 years and just graduated last year. I remember saying I couldn't wait to get out but now I really wish I had slowed down the time and stayed for a bit longer. Great genuine teachers, academically advanced, and a strong Christian based focus that builds and strengthens the Christian faith stronger than ever. Only problem is diversity. Majority of school is white, but even with that everyone no matter what skin color gets along together and accepts each other in the end. i recommend sending your child here, you will not regret it.

Posted February 15, 2011

We have three children that attend SRCS, the oldest currently in 8th grade. The two younger ones are in 6th and 3rd. If they had a high school they would be perfect. We have however found a larger version of SRCS further north, but we aren't here to talk about that one. I drive over an hour each way every day just so my children can attend this wonderful school. And I have done this for 10 years, since pre-K. Looking back at the time I have spent driving the 200,000 + miles and thinking was it worth it....YES. From the Headmaster to the Security Guard and all in between, this school is the place to send your children to learn and grow.

Posted September 9, 2010

The school has outstanding teachers and the school leadership is very impressive in how they manage such an extensive program for k-8. The personality of the school has a long reputation for being consistently inviting and inclusive of all students and their families. The Academics are challenging and extensive parent participation helps make the school one of the best in Boca area for k-8.

Posted September 30, 2009

The school is great. Mr. Alonso (the security gaurd) is really friendly, along with everyone else. Mrs. Gray is the best ever!!!

Posted October 26, 2008

I used to go to this school and due to financial issues my sister and I can no longer attend Spanish River. I really liked this school and the entire staff and wish I could go back. If you are looking for a Christian School with that reflects the values and beliefs of Christians, this would be the school for you. It is also very advanced academically compared to other schools in the county. I attended this school for five years. It is a great school overall and I encourage you to enroll you child. I hope this helped! thnx

Posted September 9, 2008

Excellent school! I attended 7th and 8th grade and those were the 2 best years of my life! The staff is amazingly caring, and mrs. Gray is awesome!

Posted August 16, 2008

this school is awesome, the teachers really care, they even say they love you! sports, my 4 kids love to play sports, i have to middle schollers, they adore the sports program! they have great coaches!

Posted August 13, 2008

Our children (1st and 3rd grade) are fed spiritually and academically. Their character is being molded in the image of Christ by the caring teachers and staff. We feel our kids will be better equipped to handle the stresses of life because of the superior instruction delivered with love. We couldn't be happier with the parent involvement as well - easy to make friends! This school cannot be overlooked - it is the 'whole package.' Graduates go on to highly regarded schools and programs in the area. There are also wonderful sport programs.

Posted September 28, 2006

I attended SRCS for 7 years and absolutely loved it! The teachers are amazing and care so much about the kids. I'm in high school now and I have been so well prepared academically and socially to face the challenge of high school. I would recommend this school to anyone!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 25, 2006

This school is not diverse. A child who is a 'minority' can easily become lost in the shuffle of the crowd. Think twice if diversity is important to your world view and your educational philosophy.

Posted August 4, 2005

Excellent school. Great teachers. Lots to offer.

Posted June 29, 2005

I am very impressed with the quality of the academic programs offered. There are plenty of extracurricular activities including sports. Any child can tryout and are guaranteed to make the team (Varsity or J.V.). I'm not a church goer but I do want my children to have the opportunity to learn about Christianity. The difference I found is that the teachers care! Any parent can get involved as little or as much as they want. Security is tight (a plus). There's more of a one-on-one relationship you get here with the staff, unlike other schools.

Posted May 10, 2004

We love this school, however we have found them to not be as focused on the academics as we would like. Teachers could use a little more experience too.

Posted September 9, 2003

A fantastic school with great leadership. The school edifies the children scholastically and spiritually in a supportive setting.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (561) 994-1160

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Swimming
  • Tennis
  • Volleyball
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2400 Northwest 51st Street