No rating

St Jude Catholic School

Private | PK-8

Living in Boca Raton

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $130,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,420.

Posted March 30, 2010

The school has a wonderful family feel. It is very safe and the work seems to be at grade level. However, every single week they are asking for money donations and for the 2010-2011 they increased tuition $1,500 per year plus fees.

Posted March 21, 2010

The school is mediocre at best- their computer class? A joke. Half the middle school makes it into NJHS which means everything is easy enough for anyone with half a brain to make it. The school is falling apart because all the church cares is about money to expand the church and let the school go to ruins-

Posted March 14, 2009

My daughter is very happy here: she has made friends, and always says kind things about her teacher and other staff members. The interaction that I have with the teachers and other staff have been nothing but friendly, supportive and caring. I am pleased with the work she brings home and the progress she is making - She's even added Math as one of her favorite things to learn. We will be attending again next year -

Posted February 13, 2009

where do i begin? the faculty has low standards for education and high standards for uniform and money. The entire school gives off a very negative vibe. The people are rude and inconsiderate. I would not recommend this school to anyone for any reasons. They refuse to do things for the benefit of the students but instead for their own profit. I spent my entire life at that school (preK-8) and i found it very unsatisfactory.

Posted August 18, 2008

My daughter has been at the school for 2 years now and the faculty as well as the parents in this school are amazing. They are there for you even during tragic times. I have no plans of taking my daughter out of this school...it has been a blessing in disguise.

Posted March 22, 2008

I am an alumnus of St. Jude. I am thankful for the experience provided to me. The school does give a religious education as well as the regular core classes and a couple of specials. The school has been good for me although I wish it had higher standards education wise. I also wish it concentrated less on the uniform and more on the education. However, I still think that St. Jude is a good school, yet I must add that if you know people you will do fine.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 15, 2008

My son has been going to Saint Jude since the 2004-2005 school year, he was in kindergarden then. We have been so happy will the over all experience, the teachers are alway ready to help and provide feed back on how your child is doing and they are always so loving in addtion to teaching the required work. As far as the parents go there are a cliques, but I really belive I have made life long freinds here. We will be sending our other son when he is ready for kindergarden, we look forward to having that same wonderful experience. Send you child to Saint Jude and see the difference...Go Saints!

Posted September 26, 2007

My child just began in the St. Jude Middle School. I am extremely pleased so far. My child is actually happy at the school. From my standpoint, in comparison to my experience in the local public schools, the feedback from teachers is excellent and immediate. Children are not allowed to miss assignments or to get behind.

Posted July 7, 2007

We have had three children go through the preschool and had a wonderful experience! They treat those children with the utmost care and love and attention. The staff is very well qualified and there is an outstanding ratio 1:7. Our children received many extras in the program (dance, Spanish, sign language, etc.) and it was all included in the base tuition. We were very happy there and would recommend the preschool to anyone! Our children had a smooth transition to kindergarten and all three have excelled in school and were very well prepared. They also learned about their faith and prayers.

Posted June 25, 2006

I have noticed that the administration does not support their teachers when certain problems arise that include disrespectful students in the classroom. The administration would rather take the side of the parents instead of the teacher, when the administration knows that the teacher was correct with certain problems in the classroom. I feel that the amount of one's checkbook dictates how the administration support's the teachers.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 25, 2006

There is a lot of parental involvement. There is a strong feeling of community there.

Posted November 1, 2005

This school provides children 2 years- 8th grade with music, spanish, dance, art, religion, and sports. All the teachers have their teaching degrees even in the preschool, not just a CDA. I have 2 children in the preschool program and the parental involvement is excellent. All the parents know each other and we get the kids together on frequent playdates. It is like an extended family.

Posted April 27, 2005

My daughter has been at st. jude for two years now, and we've been very happy with the school. both of her homeroom teachers have been excellent--both efficient and affectionate, with lots of hugs--and the students are very respectful. There is a strong emphasis on helping the community, which is nice, and the class sizes are small (about 25 students per class in my daughter's grade). The school principal is very involved and knows all the students by name. (The preschool is run separately and doesn't have quite as good a reputation as the elementary school.) St. Jude is in the process of building an indoor gym/cafeteria for the students.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Palm Beach

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

21689 Toledo Road