Claremont Montessori School

Private | 1-8

Living in Boca Raton

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $232,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,190.

Sweep tile

Posted July 3, 2013

response to post from May 26th. OMG Kids aren't being penalized for being late when they are all dropped off by their parents. Secondly, shouldn't parents have a role and be able to provide input to the school that is taken on a case by case basis? No two situations are the same and that is one of the things that I really appreciated about the school. Also, there is no homework because they teach your child everything while they are at school.

Posted January 26, 2013

I went to Claremont for middle school and left in 2004. We spent the day working at our computers. Each semester we were given a list of five to eight topics and we had to write a two page report on each of them. We set our own due dates, but if we didn't finish by the end of the year we'd get held back a grade. The teachers didn't lecture and spent most of their time editing people's reports. When we finished all the reports we took essay exams covering what we wrote about in the reports. The exams were graded on number of sentences, and you had three chances to retake the exams. If you got below a 75 you had to retake them, and if you got a 90 or above you would stop. This was not an academically rigorous school. For math classes we had to do all the problems in the (mediocre) textbook, then take a (non-essay) exam. The middle school was very small. This was cool because we went camping and took trips to Washington DC. We also had really cool PE selections, like ballroom dancing, field hockey, and bowling (but we had to write reports on the rules of the sport). The small size meant the teachers played favorites and gave some people more time on exams than others.

Posted January 11, 2013

I'm so pleased with this school for my child. The teachers are warm, very educated and attentive. The work is challenging without the pressure and stress of most schools. It fosters a love of learning that is reflected in my son every morning when he is excited to get to school!

Posted May 30, 2012

All this school will tell you is that this is the montessori way. All they are interested in is your money and they never do follow through with the students to complete a grade. They will have your kid going to school forever.

Posted May 25, 2012

This school is a joke. It is run by parents who always get their way and when they do not, they throw a tantrum. There are no rules or leadership. The school is happy as long as the kids pretend to look like they are doing something. You can be late everyday and they do not care,. as long as your mother raises her voice about it and protects you. The "main parent boss" is leaving, what a relief, perhaps there is a future here. I clearly do not recommend this school. Many reviews will be written after this one to try to bury it and say the school is worth anything. Lets face it is is not worth a thing.

Posted February 2, 2012

I have two children who have each attended Claremont for over six years. In addition to nurturing and supporting students' innate desire to learn, there is a unique culture of mutual respect which I have found to be particular to this school. Seasoned educators offer an environment that helps children develop learning and work skills that will serve them well for the rest of their lives. My children have developed a deep self confident over the years, and I believe much of this is a direct result of attending Claremont.

Posted April 6, 2010

wonderful school, warm, caring witha homey feeling to it .with loving caring highly rated teachers, our daughter has been there for 7 years, wouldnt of had her anywhere else, so sorry we'll be leaving this year, but it time to move on to high school...OMG!!!

Posted March 27, 2010

We have been at Claremont for 6 years and feel very lucky. Montessori education is a gift and this school allows children to work hard and be themselves WITHOUT the fear of bullying or the contraints of standardized testing or rigorous homework assignments.

Posted January 15, 2010

My Children went to Claremont Montessori for 4 years and received the best education possible. The participated in Student Council, hand bells, recorder, National Geography Bee etc. etc. The teachers were very knowledgeable and caring. My kids still retain much of the knowledge they learned and have excelled in other learning environments because of it.

Posted December 23, 2009

I've gone to Claremont since 1st grade. I'm now in 8th, and every single year there has been amazing. I take both French and Latin, play the recorder, am in the handbell choir, am a member of Student Council, and am coeditor of the Yearbook, all without falling behind in my so-called 'regular' work. The staff is amazing, dedicated, and extremely smart. Bullying isn't tolerated, nor is teasing or cursing. There is no homework until 7th grade, and even then it is self-assigned. The only tests taken before 7th grade are the IOWA tests, which are similar to the FCAT's, but the grade is not important in the slightest. It is only to help the teachers know what each individual student may need help in. I highly recommend it for anybody who is unwilling to go to a traditional school with grades and homework.

Posted September 21, 2009

i feel like sending my daughter to claremont is the best gift my husband and i care give her. students truely get an individualized educational plan there. nevermind, she gets a fantastic exposure to forgein languages and their music program is amazing. we are really excited for our daughter

Posted May 17, 2009

I think that claremont is a abosoloutely wonderful school I cant even imagine what it would be like to go to a different school. I just moved up to the 12-15 class and I have to admit that at some points it gets a little difficult but then when I know I have Nancy there to push me and make sure that I get it done than I feel satisfied

Posted May 9, 2009

We love this school! Claremont Montessori has provided my child with a safe and appropriately-paced learning environment for the past 6 years. My child is allowed to excel in areas where he is ready and is given the added time and attention in subjects where needed. I am amazed that my 5th grader can calculate the area of an irregular quadrilateral! Geometry is taught concurrently with other math subjects and children use real hands-on materials, such as a cash box, to reinforce practical math concepts. My child also loves the hand-bell ensemble which is directed by a Doctor of Music. This year we celebrate children who won ribbons at our county math and science fair as well as a student who placed at the SFL Regional Scripp's National Spelling Bee one who qualified for the state National Geographic Bee. Claremont nurtures the individual while teaching students to cooperate as a community.

Posted May 2, 2009

Claremont Montessori School offers a wonderful alternative to 'traditional' public-and private-school settings. Children move at their own pace, choosing what they wish to work on at most given moments. All types of children flourish in this setting, learning more than you could imagine. I am so thankful that my child attends Claremont. I have no worries about disliking school, rigorous homework , or FCAT prep. My child has a voice and feels good about school. Come visit and you will see some children working at tables and on the floor, some gardening, some cooking, some playing musical instruments, and some reading or researching in the library. I wish I had gone to Montessori school!

Posted February 8, 2009

I went to Claremont for eight whole, long years. Personally, they go much into detail with mathematics, history and sciences. They do a great job teaching the English language, but I feel that they should teach the middle schoolers more about literature for Freshman Year. In the beginning of my own Freshman Year, I got a C in Literature class because I had no literary background. Other than that, the Foreign Language Department is OK. I took French (in detail) there for two years and I didn't understand a thing. I even had to cheat just to pass my exams from time to time. In high school, I decided to retake French I again. And now I'am relearning stuff that I already learned at Claremont from those two years of French. But other than that, everything is good from eight years of being a student and three Geography Bees won.

Posted October 10, 2008

I went to Claremont for 9 year and my sister went for 12, the only reason I switched was because they closed down the high school before I was to graduate. I loved going to Claremont and learned more in a single lesson there than in 3 weeks work where I now go to school. Claremont helped me to excel in math and now I am the top student at my high school, got a 33 out of 36 on my ACT''s, and I thank Harvey, Nancy, and the rest of the staff for it all.

Posted September 11, 2008

Our kids did not have a good year at Claremont. The personal attention that was promised never materialized, and some issues regarding their education were never addressed. Some Montessori principles were overlooked as they were understaffed.

Posted January 8, 2008

The Claremont staff and mentors have opened my sons eye and mind to a world traditional public schoold could/would not offer. The caring staff is experianced and firm but gentle with the children. Our 8 year has been complimented on his thought process when speaking and questioning adults. I could not say enough about how happy I am with the academics. Claremont offers the personalization of home schooling with years of experiance. The school is a tight knit community that while it encourages parent envolvment, never makes a mom feel bad if she can't volunteer due to other children or career. While their observation days are limited to 1 per semester, there are plenty of working opurtunities which allow for time in the classroom. As for extracurricular activities, there are clubs which range from karate to music. We highly suggest a visit.

Posted August 6, 2007

True Montessori Principal: Highly educated, well-published, truly adores the pursuit of knowledge and admires others (regardless of how young), that too, share his eagerness to learn and to share knowledge. He is an amazing individual, and although may seem 'stuck,' in his ways, he actually is quite open-minded when stimulated appropriately and has a refreshing sense of humor. Extracurricular activities: If you know anything about montessori education, then you are already aware that many items that would be considered 'extracurriculat,' are already incorporated into the flow of the ever-changing classroom. Parent involvement is also encouraged, and 'special art,' is a common occurance. After-school and In-school Clubs are at no additional cost and are of the diverse, delightful, and distinctive variety: Chess Club, Chimes, Bell Choir, Animal Saviours, Creative Movement, Artistic Expression and Design, Latin Club (which is popular and enjoyable!)

Posted July 25, 2007

This is a fantastic school. My son has mastered so many small and large practical and academic skills, and tests 4-5 years above his age level on almost every subject after attending this school. The teachers are like college professors in their love of the subject matter and the depth of their 'lessons'. Don't be fooled by the ability in Montessori of the kids to choose what they study day to day...if they're getting out of balance on a subject, the Claremont teacher will help them balance their choices. And it's not a 'do as you please' school as some imagine Montessori schools. I love that Claremont maintains a very safe environment with no tolerance for bullying or class disruption. They're very organized and that promotes learning. And they're very inclusive - they 'coax' students exhibiting disruptive behavior back into the fold rather than the traditional punitive models. Come join us at Claremont!

Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • AMS

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2450 NW 5th Ave