Posted June 04, 2014
Claremont Montessori provides a warm and nurturing environment for our son where he can learn and develop at an accelerated pace. The curriculum is well rounded and applied (art, music, Spanish, French, PE). Students work on several projects throughout the year. In his first year there (age 6-7) he wrote a report on bone marrow that included calculating the weight of his own bone marrow. This year he worked with another student detailing Louis Pasteur's background and discoveries. Students are exposed to multiple cultures, traditions and theories. The Montessori classroom emphasizes respect for the individual and stewardship. It's quite amazing to see a group of Montessori students together! Claremont offers affordable enrichment programs that include chess, chorus, Lego club and gardening. Their after care program is also affordable and (too much) fun for students. There is a genuine caring that exists for each student and family at Claremont. Having the same teachers for 3 years gives my son the type of individual and personal attention other traditional schools cannot provide. In fact, every teacher at Claremont knows my son, it has become a second family.

Posted April 20, 2014
Education and knowing the child. This school has my highest praise. Loved the teachers, loved the directors. My son got into UF, NYU-Tisch school for the arts, and wait list U Chicago. The principles are so right. Hard to convey my gratitude.

Posted July 03, 2013
response to post from May 26th. OMG Kids aren't being penalized for being late when they are all dropped off by their parents. Secondly, shouldn't parents have a role and be able to provide input to the school that is taken on a case by case basis? No two situations are the same and that is one of the things that I really appreciated about the school. Also, there is no homework because they teach your child everything while they are at school.

Claremont Montessori School 3

Posted January 26, 2013
I went to Claremont for middle school and left in 2004. We spent the day working at our computers. Each semester we were given a list of five to eight topics and we had to write a two page report on each of them. We set our own due dates, but if we didn't finish by the end of the year we'd get held back a grade. The teachers didn't lecture and spent most of their time editing people's reports. When we finished all the reports we took essay exams covering what we wrote about in the reports. The exams were graded on number of sentences, and you had three chances to retake the exams. If you got below a 75 you had to retake them, and if you got a 90 or above you would stop. This was not an academically rigorous school. For math classes we had to do all the problems in the (mediocre) textbook, then take a (non-essay) exam. The middle school was very small. This was cool because we went camping and took trips to Washington DC. We also had really cool PE selections, like ballroom dancing, field hockey, and bowling (but we had to write reports on the rules of the sport). The small size meant the teachers played favorites and gave some people more time on exams than others.

Posted January 11, 2013
I'm so pleased with this school for my child. The teachers are warm, very educated and attentive. The work is challenging without the pressure and stress of most schools. It fosters a love of learning that is reflected in my son every morning when he is excited to get to school!

Claremont Montessori School 1

Posted May 30, 2012
All this school will tell you is that this is the montessori way. All they are interested in is your money and they never do follow through with the students to complete a grade. They will have your kid going to school forever.

Claremont Montessori School 1

Posted May 25, 2012
This school is a joke. It is run by parents who always get their way and when they do not, they throw a tantrum. There are no rules or leadership. The school is happy as long as the kids pretend to look like they are doing something. You can be late everyday and they do not care,. as long as your mother raises her voice about it and protects you. The "main parent boss" is leaving, what a relief, perhaps there is a future here. I clearly do not recommend this school. Many reviews will be written after this one to try to bury it and say the school is worth anything. Lets face it is is not worth a thing.

Posted February 02, 2012
I have two children who have each attended Claremont for over six years. In addition to nurturing and supporting students' innate desire to learn, there is a unique culture of mutual respect which I have found to be particular to this school. Seasoned educators offer an environment that helps children develop learning and work skills that will serve them well for the rest of their lives. My children have developed a deep self confident over the years, and I believe much of this is a direct result of attending Claremont.

Claremont Montessori School 0

Posted April 06, 2010
wonderful school, warm, caring witha homey feeling to it .with loving caring highly rated teachers, our daughter has been there for 7 years, wouldnt of had her anywhere else, so sorry we'll be leaving this year, but it time to move on to high school...OMG!!!

Claremont Montessori School 0

Posted March 27, 2010
We have been at Claremont for 6 years and feel very lucky. Montessori education is a gift and this school allows children to work hard and be themselves WITHOUT the fear of bullying or the contraints of standardized testing or rigorous homework assignments.

Claremont Montessori School
2450 Northwest 5th Avenue, Boca Raton, FL  33431
Last modified Claremont Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades 1-8
Claremont Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top