West Glades Montessori School 1

Posted August 04, 2012
I put both of my children here for three months. I had such high hopes. There was one teacher that catered to the girls. My son completely shut down because he was constantly repremanded and isolated. The school has poor communication, except if they are looking for money. The three months my children were there they learned very little. My pediatrician told me to remove them immedialty when they accused my child of behavorial problems. They werent even willing to work with me and had me in tears for I took their word, that the problem was my child. The teacher also compared my childs work with anothers that had gone to that school for over two years, mine had just begun. I removed my children immedialty and they attended another local preschool and flourished. My child was biting his shirt at this school and they couldnt figure out why. It took his new teacher at the other preschool 3 days to tell me because he was nervous and didnt understand the work. I just dont understand how you can spend 3 months with a child and not be able to address simple things with a parent, like they arent eating their lunch they prepare. Met 3 parents who removed their children too.

West Glades Montessori School 2

Posted June 17, 2012
I have not had the experience that other people have reported about the Director of this school being unreasonable or rude. Contrary to that, she has been the only positive thing about this school. There wasn't a single time that I came by to talk to her (even if I didn't call first) that she wasn't receptive, open, and definitely on my team. I wish I could say the same for my son's teacher and the curriculum. It was not important to me that my 3 year old could read and do math at a first grade level. I'll worry about that in first grade. I want my child to have opportunities for imaginary play, cooperation with other kids, using language to negotiate in a group, and learn to enjoy going to school and enjoy learning. You won't find any imaginary play going on in the Red Room. You won't find any kids playing together. They barely go outside, and there's even a tv in the classroom! My son was bullied by the older boys in the class and I feel like that could have been better addressed, but the problem continued until we were advised by our pediatrician to find a new preschool. My son was not respected in his learning style or personality, and we are happier elsewhere.

Posted August 20, 2010
Both of my children attended for two years in a row and we couldn't be happier. They loved it as well. WGM had a big part in helping us raise well rounded happy children, conscious of the environment, courteous, and with an incredible appetite for knowledge. They had a lot of fun and we wouldn't trade those years for anything! Their teacher was excellent and truly cared about them; And the school was run top-notch! Best of all, they both remember it fondly --confirmation that we made the right choice!

Posted May 12, 2010
My daughter has been going to this school for 2 years now. All of the teachers are very nice and sincerely care for each kid. I will keep my daughter here as long as possible and would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted April 27, 2010
Love Love Love this school. We found WGM after doing through research on 11 schools in the area. We had our two sons in another school and moved them to WGM mid year due to the fact that we were so excited about the school. The teachers are great, the material presented is amazing. The teachers set high expectations which the kids seem more than happy to meet. Both our boys (different ages and classes) are blossoming socially and academically. They are learning science and math that had not been presented at other schools. My oldest son started reading by 4 . Placing our kids in WGM has been the best academic decision we have made to date.

Posted December 04, 2009

West Glades Montessori School 2

Posted August 12, 2009
When I first signed my son up I already had the feeling that they were very strict. I never really liked the playground. The stuff there is kinda old and worn. But I wanted to give it a try since the curriculum seemed good. But after only a week I realized there is no room for a kid to be themselves. They expect little children to be so proper and well behaved at all times. I know my son is very active and doesn't always listen but I decided to remove him from the school. I never had an issue with the previous montessori he had gone to and there apparently he behaved and listened well. I only decided to try out this school because for 5X week they were cheaper than other montessories.

West Glades Montessori School 0

Posted August 07, 2009
Excellent school if what you want is discipline and strong academics. Very european-like style. The main credit for this goes to the Director.

Posted April 17, 2009
Well, I suppose you have to find what is best for your child. I have been with WGM for seven years and loved it. My children have thrived and excelled far beyond grade level. The teachers always treated my children with love and caring, and this goes for the directress as well. SHe has a tough job and runs a tight ship to ensure what she believes is best for the children. Montessori is not the best fit for every child, but for my children it has been a wonderful learning experience. Also, my kids have enjoyed extracurricular activities such as Spanish, Science, Yoga and Manners. Some years they have more than others, but the kids have always enjoyed it. The best thing about WGM has been that they nurture a love of learning and expand the mind in their approach to solving problems.

Posted March 27, 2009
While the Director takes her position quite seriously and rules like a Queen bee, she actually is looking out for the best interest of the children. I do not find her personable or realistic in dealing with parents; she goes by the book to an extreme. But with that said, the school is clean, run like a true Montessori, the teachers are by no means rookies like I found at other preschools in the area both montessori and non, and the children are learning! My child went on to an accelerated program in public school after attending preschool there. Had it not been for tuition, we would have followed the program through third grade. BTW tuition, for those who can afford private, is extremely reasonable in comparison to many inferior private schools which are more expensive to boot.

West Glades Montessori School
20400 Cain Boulevard, Boca Raton, FL  33498
Last modified West Glades Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
West Glades Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top