PK-3|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 13, 2015
Ms. Claudia, you and Ms. Wendy, you have been a blessing to our son Franco's life. You helped create a beautiful foundation and a great start for his bright future! We will always remember you! Thank you! Jack, Sandra and Franco :)

West Glades Montessori School 5

Posted October 13, 2015
Wonderful School! Mrs. Wendy the Director cannot do enough for her students and parents. She is very caring and works very hard at making her school be the best it can be! And as far as the teachers, they are all great! Especially Ms. Claudia. She is exceptional! My son is now in Kindergarten and until this day, he doesn't stop talking about her and saying how wonderful she and the was! They taught my son so much! We cannot be more thankful!!

West Glades Montessori School 1

Posted July 30, 2015
Our child was there and experienced mean teachers...In fact, I saw one firsthand - she rolled her eyes to the ceiling and was dismissive of my child and my concerns. I voiced this behavior to the director and she did nothing other than offer lip service at the time. This same teacher was completely ineffective. She couldn’t explain how they deal with discipline when children are bored, as my child was. As far as i could tell, her approach amounted to ignoring the child until they come back to their repetitive and inane activities. Our child is now at a different program and thriving. In fact she’s reported to be a leader and one of the best kids in the class. At West Glades Montessori, this same child was reported as being a problem child. The director even attempted to make medical diagnoses of our child that demonstrated how little she knows about children and modern medicine. This shows how they are quick to say there is something wrong with your child instead of examining their own methods.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted July 30, 2015
The kids watch TV. There's no method for dealing with bored kids. There's not enough activities to engage them and the teachers aren't skilled nor equipped enough to make up for it.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted July 30, 2015
Grit? My child questioned her teacher and was sent to be alone on the playground. This teacher was more interested in putting on a show for parents than teaching her kids anything about grit or determination.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted July 30, 2015
My child reported older kids pushing her around. When I voiced this to the director, she brushed it off without making even a perfunctory attempt to investigate. So much for older kids showing empathy to younger ones.

West Glades Montessori School 5

Posted July 25, 2015
My child's teacher was mean to him. We changed this school after he attended this school only 20 days. This is not a Montessori school, teachers are not encouraging children to discover, ask questions or explore.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted July 25, 2015
My son's teacher was complaining about his behavior in front of all class with a high pitched voice. I was present as well. She made my son feel ashamed for not finishing his homework. My son is only 4. We never came back to this school.

West Glades Montessori School 2

Posted May 28, 2015
I am glad that I did not have to pay for this school. Maybe it is because she is in VPK, but I feel that my daughter was not challenged enough at this school. There was another Montesorri school that actually interviewed and tested my daughter and was surprised at how much she knew. she was so excited to have her in VPK. She had so much that she wanted to teach my daughter. Unfortunately it was too far for me to take her and get back to work on time. When I told her I was going to go to west glades she advised me against it. I can see why. When I ask my daughter what she did in school she tells me she watches movies. She does enough of that at home. She comes home with some things mostly paintings and coloring. I always do extra homework with her at home and I know what she can do. In her progress report her teacher put the she is a steady progress for knowing her sight words which she knew since she was two. She knows how to read. I don't feel the progress report true portrays her potential because they don't explore her potential. I feel like they don't care about her. This is why so many abused children die. My daughter was out of school for almost a week and no one called to find out where she was and why she was not in school. When she was finalized hospitalized I finally called them to let them know. I think it is either because she is VPK and all they care about is getting the money. I am glad she is not coming back next year. I would not recommend anyone put their money I this school. I'm don't think this how Montessori si suppose to work. They don't care.

West Glades Montessori School 1

Posted July 15, 2013
It seems to me most teachers in this school HATE children. They constantly yell at kids and even grab them to move from one spot to another. There is nothing common with Maria Montessori's method of the relationship between teachers and kids.

20400 Cain Boulevard, Boca Raton, FL  33498
Last modified West Glades Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
West Glades Montessori School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top