Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

Wonderful School! Mrs. Wendy the Director cannot do enough for her students and parents. She is very caring and works very hard at making her school be the best it can be! And as far as the teachers, they are all great! Especially Ms. Claudia. She is exceptional! My son is now in Kindergarten and until this day, he doesn't stop talking about her and saying how wonderful she and the was! They taught my son so much! We cannot be more thankful!!

Our child was there and experienced mean teachers...In fact, I saw one firsthand - she rolled her eyes to the ceiling and was dismissive of my child and my concerns. I voiced this behavior to the director and she did nothing other than offer lip service at the time. This same teacher was completely ineffective. She couldn’t explain how they deal with discipline when children are bored, as my child was. As far as i could tell, her approach amounted to ignoring the child until they come back to their repetitive and inane activities. Our child is now at a different program and thriving. In fact she’s reported to be a leader and one of the best kids in the class. At West Glades Montessori, this same child was reported as being a problem child. The director even attempted to make medical diagnoses of our child that demonstrated how little she knows about children and modern medicine. This shows how they are quick to say there is something wrong with your child instead of examining their own methods.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

The kids watch TV. There's no method for dealing with bored kids. There's not enough activities to engage them and the teachers aren't skilled nor equipped enough to make up for it.

My child's teacher was mean to him. We changed this school after he attended this school only 20 days. This is not a Montessori school, teachers are not encouraging children to discover, ask questions or explore.

I am glad that I did not have to pay for this school. Maybe it is because she is in VPK, but I feel that my daughter was not challenged enough at this school. There was another Montesorri school that actually interviewed and tested my daughter and was surprised at how much she knew. she was so excited to have her in VPK. She had so much that she wanted to teach my daughter. Unfortunately it was too far for me to take her and get back to work on time. When I told her I was going to go to west glades she advised me against it. I can see why. When I ask my daughter what she did in school she tells me she watches movies. She does enough of that at home. She comes home with some things mostly paintings and coloring. I always do extra homework with her at home and I know what she can do. In her progress report her teacher put the she is a steady progress for knowing her sight words which she knew since she was two. She knows how to read. I don't feel the progress report true portrays her potential because they don't explore her potential. I feel like they don't care about her. This is why so many abused children die. My daughter was out of school for almost a week and no one called to find out where she was and why she was not in school. When she was finalized hospitalized I finally called them to let them know. I think it is either because she is VPK and all they care about is getting the money. I am glad she is not coming back next year. I would not recommend anyone put their money I this school. I'm don't think this how Montessori si suppose to work. They don't care.

It seems to me most teachers in this school HATE children. They constantly yell at kids and even grab them to move from one spot to another. There is nothing common with Maria Montessori's method of the relationship between teachers and kids.

I put both of my children here for three months. I had such high hopes. There was one teacher that catered to the girls. My son completely shut down because he was constantly repremanded and isolated. The school has poor communication, except if they are looking for money. The three months my children were there they learned very little. My pediatrician told me to remove them immedialty when they accused my child of behavorial problems. They werent even willing to work with me and had me in tears for I took their word, that the problem was my child. The teacher also compared my childs work with anothers that had gone to that school for over two years, mine had just begun. I removed my children immedialty and they attended another local preschool and flourished. My child was biting his shirt at this school and they couldnt figure out why. It took his new teacher at the other preschool 3 days to tell me because he was nervous and didnt understand the work. I just dont understand how you can spend 3 months with a child and not be able to address simple things with a parent, like they arent eating their lunch they prepare. Met 3 parents who removed their children too.

I have not had the experience that other people have reported about the Director of this school being unreasonable or rude. Contrary to that, she has been the only positive thing about this school. There wasn't a single time that I came by to talk to her (even if I didn't call first) that she wasn't receptive, open, and definitely on my team. I wish I could say the same for my son's teacher and the curriculum. It was not important to me that my 3 year old could read and do math at a first grade level. I'll worry about that in first grade. I want my child to have opportunities for imaginary play, cooperation with other kids, using language to negotiate in a group, and learn to enjoy going to school and enjoy learning. You won't find any imaginary play going on in the Red Room. You won't find any kids playing together. They barely go outside, and there's even a tv in the classroom! My son was bullied by the older boys in the class and I feel like that could have been better addressed, but the problem continued until we were advised by our pediatrician to find a new preschool. My son was not respected in his learning style or personality, and we are happier elsewhere.

Both of my children attended for two years in a row and we couldn't be happier. They loved it as well. WGM had a big part in helping us raise well rounded happy children, conscious of the environment, courteous, and with an incredible appetite for knowledge. They had a lot of fun and we wouldn't trade those years for anything! Their teacher was excellent and truly cared about them; And the school was run top-notch! Best of all, they both remember it fondly --confirmation that we made the right choice!

My daughter has been going to this school for 2 years now. All of the teachers are very nice and sincerely care for each kid. I will keep my daughter here as long as possible and would recommend this school to anyone.

Last modified West Glades Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-3