871 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We're new to this area and the school system.I wish the school is that best like they said on their website .However my experience with the office staff is not very good .They are not helping with offering information the parents need to know .I have to find out one by one .Every time I go ask , they just told me why don't you call.When a student transfer, I expect them to give an orientation both to student and parents. Maybe I am wrong about this but the lack of information from school did make the transfer really uncomfortable.

Sunrise Park is a good school, but the PTA is horrible. A group of woman that think they run things and don't try to become a member, because you will never break into their little circle. Every time I talk to other parents, they too agree the PTA is horrible. They are only out for them selves and their own kids. The office staff know this, but nothing will ever be done about it. I use to donate money to everything they sent out, but after watching how they operate over the years, I would not ever donate 1 penny to these women. I will only give money to the actual classroom my child is in. They always talk about bullying, but the majority of bullies comes from the PTA and other parents. I'm not sure why all the premium parking up front is marked off for the staff and PTA when parents need to get in and out. Employee parking should always be out back making parents life easier, you know, the ones that pay the salaries. No worries, I always park in their spots anyway. Anyway, very good school, but stand your ground with PTA and any staff that gets in your way. That's why America invented attorney's.

What a wealth of misinformation the previous poster (5/31/14) has written. If you are unhappy with the school that is your prerogative and perception but please do not speak for all the teachers and parents. We have proudly worked at SPES for many years and are neither seeking a transfer nor considering early retirement (even if it were an option). The present administration is nothing short of amazing. She has the best interests of the teachers and students when she made the decision to protect the students from the prying eyes of parents during core instruction. As teachers we do not need parents observing us during instruction and going back into the community to critique us. Even more importantly, children s privacy needs to be protected as well. The grouping of students is confidential. We do not know what statistics this poster has regarding private school and Morakami (determined by lottery) but we suggest that it is all in the opinion of the writer and not based on data. Yes, this school is not what it used to be because if it were we would be stagnant. Education is changing and Sunrise Park is rising to the higher expectations of a changing world.

The principal is singlehanded lye destroying what used to be a great school! Parents used to be welcome with open arms, but now the words, " we want you in the classroom" are said, but parents are banned for the greater part of the day. The principal has no respect for parents. She snaps at them, yells, and makes nasty comments. She also yells at teachers in front of everyone. It seems no one really understands the reading program. The school enrollment is down because kids go to Morikami or private school rather than go here. For the first time in years, teachers are requesting transfers or taking early retirement. My advice, send your child to another school if you can!

Thought this school would be so much more than what it's turned out to be. Very disappointing.

Sunrise Park Elementary School continues its tradition of excellence. The leadership of the principal and the effectiveness and commitment of the teaching staff are outstanding.

This school is fantastic! Student behavior there is not much of a problem and the school has numerous programs. If your child has trouble learning, they can learn in a slow pace class. I have mixed feelings on the teachers there. All of the teachers are sweet and have a love for kids but some are too inexperienced and don't teach right. At the school there is a club for every kid and a friend for every kid. The school is a safe place with good lunch and well-kept grounds,

caring teachers and responsible principle I am happy they way than managing and running it My daughter in second grade

This school has the absolute best ESE teacher on the planet. Anna Lillie has such a way with this special population, it's unbelievable. We need more like her!

The Best Group of Teachers led by the most awesome principal! They are doing a fantastic job, keep up the hard work boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen!

Last modified Sunrise Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.