No rating

Grandview Preparatory School

Private | PK-12 | 250 students

Grandview is best known for personalized education and service learning

Living in Boca Raton

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $232,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,190.

Posted September 20, 2014

I graduated from Grandview and now I work here. Amazing school, staff and students! I love Grandview!

Posted April 30, 2014

Grandview Prep School is the place to attend if you want personal attention, caring teachers, open access to clubs and athletics, academic advancement and an overall awesome school experience!

Posted April 30, 2014

My son has attended Grandview Prep since turning 3. He is in the Early Childhood class with Mr. Behrmann. I love the staff at Grandview, the personal attention he receives, as well as the overall community of the school. In his short time there, I feel my son's social skills have flourished. He is happy when coming and going, and he enjoys the enrichment opportunities available. Additionally, I have been very pleased with the swim class after-care. In just a few weeks, my son has become a more confident swimmer, which translates to a more relaxed time around water for me! Although I only see the other children in a limited sense, I continue to be impressed with the older students at the school who know my son's name, hold doors for me when I am on campus, and seem to be genuinely interested in learning and each other. In a very busy area, Grandview is a breath of fresh air with a caring, nurturing environment.

Posted April 29, 2014

Grandview Prep is a wonderful school. I am proud to be a part of the caring and supportive staff that focuses its attention on each individual student. The staff and administration strive to create positive learning experiences while providing a safe and welcoming environment for all students and families. I am grateful for the opportunity to work with such intelligent and nurturing people. I highly recommend all families to consider Grandview.

Posted April 29, 2014

This small school offers a lot. My children have every opportunity to be involved in sports (no cut policy), student government, clubs, and community service. They have learned character and compassion through hands on House Activities. The teachers are caring and creative with the academics. Our family has been very happy with Grandview.

Posted April 29, 2014

Grandview has been a dream come true when my two children started here, I love every single thing about this school. The teachers that teach at Grandview are so caring about your child and his/her schoolwork and education . If your child needs extra help after school it's there for them. The children all know each other and it feels like a big family instead of a school. There's never any bullying which now a days is such a big thing in schools ..I would never want my children to attend another school other than Grandview. This school so deserves FIVE stars !!!

Posted April 2, 2014

A school yes! There is a building, there are teachers and books and buses too! Grandview Prep has all these things, which makes it a school. We are not only a school, we are team members working together for a common goal and that goal is our children, how they learn and what they learn and the resources in which they learn from. In this place each family is considered part of the Grandview Team. When you are here you don't want to leave...you feel as if you are already home.. To call it just a school is no way near what Grandview is. No matter your differences here at Grandview we all come together to nurture that common goal. Our children....I.Love this place.

Posted October 27, 2013

Grandview is an independent school with an amazing staff! in total different level than the average school out there ! Number 1 !! In the state of Florida !! And top 10 cross country !!! That's for sure !! Grandview is unique , wonderful !! I have one daughter that attends this marvelous school ! That was the best decision I ever made for her !! No regrets!! Thank you Very much Grandview!!! For this wonderful work !! From the bottom of my heart I wish the best for this scholl and for the teachers and staff in general for give all the love and attention that our kids needs to be prepare for the long years to come and their lives !!!

Posted October 27, 2013

Just love this school! Our son has never been so happy with a school so a big thank you to Grandview:-)

Posted October 26, 2013

Grandview Preparatory School is a small, diverse community committed to the philosophy that education is a personal endeavor. Grandview pairs timeless ethics with modern thought and personal attention with global consciousness while preparing students for college and life beyond. I am often asked what sets Grandview apart from other schools, and my answer usually centers on the fact that a Grandview education truly is a personal endeavor. Education in the modern world requires attention to the individual learner. In an increasingly impersonal era, it is uncommon to stand face to face, to talk one on one, and to listen heart to heart. At Grandview, the size of our school and the personal relationships among students, faculty, and families guarantee that no one is lost in a crowd. Grandview students develop strong leadership skills because leadership grows from confidence. Confidence grows from practice. Practice begins with participation. Our students participate in all aspects of school life, taking intellectual risks, challenging themselves in an effort to grow.

Posted October 24, 2013

Grandview is so much more than a school. While the academics are vast and tailored to each student's needs, the attention to the student as a whole is immense. I feel blessed to be able to be a part of the Grandview family and think any child who attends is at a huge advantage.

Posted October 23, 2013

Second year my son has been here at Grandview and we just love it. All the staff are great and everyone is so helpful. The classes are small so kids get great teacher attention.

Posted October 23, 2013

One of the most important things about Grandview Preparatory in Boca Raton is the fact you can e-mail the teachers. They will respond, they care about the students. The school is small enough that they know each student by name. The school stresses learning the skills to work as a team, with students of all ages. I feel this is very important as we all need to know how to get along with others when we enter the work force, or anything else we choose to do in life. I am happy to say bullying is not tolerated- this was a problem in the large public school and no one seemed to have a solution there. I would rate this school very highly.

Posted October 23, 2013

We just love this school, the staff, the curriculum, the aftercare everyone is just so friendly and caring. Very up with the changes in the real world and eager to keep up with the times. Pool and other sports facilities are excellent.

Posted October 23, 2013

Grandview is a family. This small school offers children a warm, nurturing environment along with a solid learning atmosphere. It is nice to know that your child is never a number - everyone knows their name. From Pre-K all the way through to high school, the kids know and respect each other. It is also comforting to see that character building and creative thinking are valued along with academics. Teachers educate the whole child - and all of the various components - not just the part that can memorize the facts for the test. The extra-curricular offerings are fantastic with greatly successful middle and high school teams. Coaches have won state championships and trained Olympic athletes. Music, dance, theater and art offerings are exemplary. Kids have fun while they are learning and learn to have fun. Grandview is a great place to be a kid - or an adult. Teachers, children and parents alike are happy with the atmosphere at Grandview. Our children have thrived in this setting.

Posted October 23, 2013

This is our second year at the school and we love it. I have kids in grade 4 and 5. The teachers are wonderful, helpful and all around fantastic. When there is an issue it is dealt with right away. Both of my children have commented on different teachers saying that they inspire them. The teachers are all very passionate. The only thing I wish is that there was lower school sports. I could not ask for a better school.

Posted October 23, 2013

Our school Grandview Preparatory is warm loving and nurturing enviorment. The staff is amazing the teacher give 120% of themselves. The word no does not exsist, when it comes to the knowledge that each teacher gives to every student . The parents are always included and notified of every aspect of your child's education . I travel a long distance and it is worth every minute. My daugter loves school and is doing well. She made the Dean's List and has a 4.22 and that is honors classes. Also she plays 3 sports. They have a great athletic program and if your child needs help they are always there to help them along. Our family is proud and honored to call Grandview our school.

Posted October 23, 2013

My School is amazing everyone is family. You can't walk past the hallway without a little kid smiling, getting a hug from a teacher, or a conservation with a friend. Its a amazing school. you are not a number like in a public school, you a person and apart of the family.It great cause yours kids can learn beyond what FCATS. do to you. They don't even have Fcats here!

Posted October 22, 2013

We have two kids at Grandview Preparatory School. Our younger student began last year and our older one started this year. We are very happy with all the school has to provide. They are receiving an excellent education, healthy lunch meals provided by a dining company, safe environment, enrichment galore, and learning to be great citizens! We love the small size classes and individual learning plans. Grandview Preparatory School is truly a gem. Families in the area should consider this school for their kids.We are glad that we did!

Posted October 15, 2013

Hi I am a parent at Grandview, my daughter has been going to this school since 3rd grade, her achievement and her interest in school is sky high. She loves this school and is doing very well, she puts her 100%. Not only that my daughter loves this school but she feels like she's at home, and what I mean by that is that shes very comfortable at this school, the teachers, the students, the staff all know each other and if my daughter is walking to her next class a senior who who knows my daughter will say hi. This school is not only very friendly but, very family oriented, you feel like your at home. Its a loving environment. Everyone know everyone. Its a good feeling.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

College readiness and student pathways

Percentage of students going to 4-year college 100% (2013)
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Reading specialist(s)
Security personnel
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff French
German
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Technology

Arts & music

• Arts (all)
  • Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:45 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Jacqueline Westerfield
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Standards-based

• Arts (all)
  • Service learning
  • Technology
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Parent center
  • Playground
  • Science lab
  • Swimming pool
Partnerships with local resources and organizations

Sports

• Dance
Media arts
  • None

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Chess club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom