PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grandview Preparatory School 1

Posted May 26, 2016
Terrible follow through and consistency in all areas of the school. Each year will be completely different (not for the good) with no notice to the families. It is not uncommon to see multiple teachers coming and going throughout the school year. The Head of School runs the place like and experiment, changing policies and curriculum on a whim, at the expense of the students. It seems at this point that the Head is just putting out fires as they arise. It's quite a shame to see such a downward spiral for Grandview. We are moving our children at the end of this year and not looking back. We are among many many other families doing the same. Academics are nothing special either.

Grandview Preparatory School 1

Posted May 25, 2016
Turnover at the school is ridiculous. Part-time teachers. Leaving after the year is over. Administration has no clue on how to run a school. Constantly asking for money.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted May 18, 2016
There are teachers that are too soft in their approach. However, majority of the teachers are firm and focussed on learning.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 18, 2016
I share the same ethos with the school that children should be given the chance to enjoy their childhood and not bombarded with homework.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 18, 2016
The school has a very well-rounded programme that and provides the supports and facilitate resources to those students who has strong academic background.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 18, 2016
Students are encouraged to engage and participate in activities by giving them a sense of purpose and acknowledging their strengths.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 18, 2016
The children are encouraged to express and approach their teachers and being listened to when the students are upset or feeling left out.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 18, 2016
They resolve issues fairly and promptly. In times of complex, they listen to both parties involved.

Grandview Preparatory School 5

Posted May 18, 2016
Grandview is an incredible and family-oriented school. All schools have its flaws. Nevertheless, I have so much good things to say about this school. This school has numerous school activities. In particular, it has an excellent drama and music programme embedded into their curriculum, which made the children get out of their nutshells and allows them to shine. They have a great Jr. Innovation Programme, of which my child is currently part of, empowering children to discover their passion and learn at the same time. My child has flourished academically and has made lasting great friends, As a parent, I also got to know and made friends with the parents in my child's class, her teachers, and the staff. This school has definitely given my child a well-rounded life experience and lasting learning. It has a great leader who instils good moral lessons to the kids - the school's creed sums it all! As a parent, when I drop off my child every morning, it feels good on my drive to work, to think that my child is going to have a great day at school as she is greeted by her teachers at the carline and being warmly welcomed by the older girls and staff as she enters into the reception. And when I pick her up after school, the glimmers in her eyes are indescribable. My child has been in this school for 2 years and fitted in like a glove with the school. It has identified her strengths and has helped her get to where she is now. We felt so lucky to have found Grandview as this has also become an extended home for my child.

Grandview Preparatory School 4

Posted March 12, 2016
When I take the time to review things, I take it very seriously. No school is all good or bad. We have had an overall very good experience here (really a 4.5). Administration is proactive and very involved. They know who each kid is--your child is not just a number. As a private school they need to solicit money (or raise fees) but they do it appropriately, respectfully, and creatively (e.g., a lottery to win free tuition). Academics focus on long term projects, student led learning, creativity and problem-solving rather than rote learning and homework...and the research backs them up that this is better for the children long run. I have a pretty good handle on what my friends' kids are doing in other schools and in most areas I think they are way ahead, but lower school math does seem to be behind. Having only one teacher per year has the positive effect of making it a small family-like environment--but if there is an issue with the teacher (which we have this year) we have to face either disrupting our child by switching schools or just trying to make it through the year. In a larger school we might just switch classes. We've had such great interactions with the caring people there but this one teacher really is not always handling her class effectively and is definitely playing favorites with kids and treating them differently. Its sad, because my review last year was a 5 (or more!). The school has immense promise & a worthy mission but needs to be more on top of what the teachers are doing (not just what they *say* they're doing). However, this is our unique experience & I'm looking forward to returning to an unqualified 5 next year....when friends ask me, I say YES this is a great school.

336 NW Spanish River Blvd, Boca Raton, FL  33431
Last modified Grandview Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12