Posted June 12, 2014
this school couldnt be better i love it. i cant explain the improvements i have made in these past days. thank you

Posted May 16, 2014
Terrific school! Both of my kids have attended and have had academically challenging and disciplined study. Keep up the good work!

Don Estridge High Tech Middle School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
I'm currently an 8th grade student here at Don Estridge, and it's OK. MOST of the teachers here are amazing. There's just a select few that ruin it for me. Don't get me wrong; I've learned a great deal at this school and I felt safe, secure, and that I was getting a good education. There are just some teachers though who do not even come close to the others. They don't really pay attention to who's being disruptive and can get very off topic. Also, the administration has been going way overboard for lunches. We've had to have assigned seating and silent lunches at our only free time during school. That is definitely not fair to the students that do the right thing. Other than unfairness and some of the teachers, this school has a lot to offer. I highly recommend taking art as an elective. Mr. Green is fantastic and an inspiration. Also, Mr. Francis has an awesome technology class but that's about as high tech as it gets except for CPS. My test scores have gone up each year and I've learned a lot here. I have to say I will miss Don Estridge.

Posted January 04, 2014
As a former Don Estridge student I say in all honesty that this school didn't make me resent getting out of bed in the morning. The teachers are more than amazing at their job and try to improve if given constructive criticism. Yes there may be lots of homework, but only for difficult courses. If your child can`t handle the curriculum then they should get a schedule change. I left that school with three high school credits and a great education, I`m proud to say I`m the alumni of Don Estridge High Tech Middle School.

Don Estridge High Tech Middle School 1

Posted December 08, 2013
Don't let the name fool you...There is nothing high tech about this school. 'High tech' means the kids have to use remote controls to enter their test answers so it's easier for the teachers to grade. Lots of homework, with little content. Academics take a back seat to everything, especially sports. There aren't any academic awards for 6th or 7th graders but 1st cuts of the volleyball team makes the front page of the website. Absolutely NO consistency in the use of the main communication channel (Edline). Teachers routinely post erroneous grades & do NOT keep the calendar updated. This means posted homework assignments aren't really due on the posted dates and tests/quizzes 'appear' out of nowhere the day before. This is NOT just 1 teachers: This is 75% of them. The icing on the cake are the 'Silent Lunches' where the kids are not allowed to talk during lunch. Ridiculous. Ironically there is no real discipline as students who are disruptive just have to leave class & come back the next day to repeat it. Students caught CHEATING ON TESTS are just asked to stop cheating. Things have changed since 2011 & Don Estridge is turning in his grave that this school carries his namesake.

Posted November 06, 2011
"The Don" is an awesome school. I highly recommend it! From the beginning, I was impressed with so many things. There was a helpful new parent orientation which was very organized and informative. The school is very safe (no/min bullies), no dudes with attitudes, no drugs, and it is impeccably clean. The teachers are very knowledgeable, helpful, caring, organized, positive people who use unique and creative ways to teach. They remind students of H W and upcoming tests. They go the extra mile to offer help! The admin, office staff and guidance staff is very helpful too. Any emails or problems were handed quickly and responded to. The courses included today's technology as promised. The only negative thing was the adaptation socially. Keep in mind only a certain amount ie,( 3-5) students from a lot of different schools in the county get picked for the lottery. Your child will not know many people going into the school. This could be a big adjustment if your child was socially active in elementary school.

Don Estridge High Tech Middle School 1

Posted May 10, 2011
The schools teachers are ok. There is alot of different races. I did'nt like it because they treated me UNFAIRLY, i cant stress that anymore. I wouldn't want to see your kid have the same problem.

Posted July 20, 2010
An excellent school in all aspects from curriculum to staff. The students are all challenged academically. The behavior of students is to be commended.

Posted July 16, 2010
DEHTMS offers the best in learning within the public school system. Principal Karen Whetsell is one of the best administrators within the district. Her concern for the overall development of each child is amazing. She excels her communicating the concerns of the teachers to the parents and visa-versa. My child has achieved amazing success both academically and socially under the guidance of this strong, organizes, and caring institution. DEHTMS should be the nation's model for operating and conducting complete educational services to middle schoolers. The overall staff demonstrate their happy disposition by assisting everyone with every concern or need. The support staff is by-far the best I have ever seen. There are no problems that arise which are not addressed. The academic programs are the best available. My child explored world cultures, had mathematical challenges, scientific adventures, environmental experiences, musical and art experiences only seen from private instructors. Amazing School!

Don Estridge High Tech Middle School 0

Posted May 02, 2010
I love it because my Daughter's love it. The teachers are innovative and keep the kids inspired to learn. The motivation at this school is awesome and the administration is great and they are very involved and visible.

Don Estridge High Tech Middle School
1798 Spanish River Boulevard, Boca Raton, FL  33431
Last modified Don Estridge High Tech Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Don Estridge High Tech Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top