Posted September 08, 2014
My son has been at Ben Gamla since Kindergarten. He is now starting 2nd grade. My wife and I could not be happier with his growth academically and socially. The teachers and the administrators are all excellent. There are not many schools where everybody goes above and beyond to help the students. Ben Gamla does a wonderful job at this. The parent involvement at Ben Gamla is the highest I've seen at any school. Everyone there cares! Our younger children will go there soon. Both my wife and I went to elite private schools and Ben Gamla stands above them. If you're a parent that does not want to be actively involved in your children's education maybe Ben Gamla is not for you.

Posted May 25, 2014
I have read all of the reviews on here and you cannot please everyone BUT I do want to mention a few things. Many people tend to forget that this school has had and will continue to have growing pains. I hope that my daughter will be able to go to middle school here too. She is gifted, but I feel that she would get lost in a big school setting. For those parents that regret sending their kids to BGCS because they offer Hebrew but other things like arts, PE etc were not available. That simply isn't true. BGCS offers Meet the Masters program and does have regular PE. They try their best with the tools they are given, but you can't please everyone. Please remember that you are not enrolling your child in private school, and as such, you should not expect that kind of treatment. The teachers and staff are top notch. What other school has parents and staff opening doors for the kids at car line (just to make light). Give me a break. You saw the size of the school and knew the academics when you signed up. You are entitled to not like the school, but the comments that some people are leaving, are skewed. I suggested this school to a BUNCH of people, and everyone is happy!. Proud mom :)

Posted January 16, 2014
Amazing school! Principal is top notch and so are the teachers! The education here is better than in the private school my child attended previously. Love the small school environment and overall warm atmosphere

Posted December 19, 2013
My children have attended Ben Gamla since it opened three years ago, and we could not be happier with the education they have received. The administration and staff are very caring professional and try to find every opportunity for my children to be successful learners, including differentiated instruction for my gifted older child, and my struggling younger child. My children are excited to go to school and love learning. They are motivated to do more each day. We are very pleased with Ben Gamla and all it has to offer.

Posted November 01, 2013
Our son has attended Ben Gamla Palm Beach since it opened. He was in the first kindergarten class. He is currently in 2nd grade. Like any new endeavor there were some kinks in the beginning but they have all been resolved now. True, the school is smaller than most of the other neighborhood public schools; however we see that as a positive because it brings a closeness that may not exist at the other schools. The classrooms are bright, cheery, and are filled with cutting edge technology that the teachers and students regularly use. The teachers are warm, personable, and approachable. Although the grounds are small the students get to use the grounds and gym of the neighboring community center for PE and recess which means that they have even better facilities than many other elementary schools. We are very pleased with the organization and the high quality of education our son is receiving at Ben Gamla. Our son is thriving. When you read these reviews please read them critically as we believe that the parents submitting poor reviews are disgruntled for some personal reason having nothing to do with with the overall quality of the education for the majority of the students.

Posted October 18, 2013
This is one poorly run school. I am so thankful my children had the chance to leave this place. The teachers are quite bad at their job, especially in the upper grades. They teach to the test (FCAT) The Principal will ALWAYS take the side of the teachers no matter how wrong they may be. Way too much emphasis is put on the FCAT. Fully 1/3 of the academic year was spent preparing for that test in both the 5th and 6th grades, to the exclusion of any real learning. The One-Room Schoolhouse atmosphere does a terrible disservice to those students who have trouble keeping up. Since the school is so small my Children's teachers would teach to the upper third of the class while giving the other 2/3 of the class busy work to keep occupied. I would just warn parents no to believe the hype, especially for the upper grades ( 3rd 4th and 5th) Run Away from this school Especially for the older Kids !

Posted October 04, 2013
My son is in kindergarten and, so far, we are having a great experience. He is already reading and learning basic math. It would be helpful if the parents posting negative reviews actually gave specific reasons and examples of what they feel is lacking in the higher grades.

Posted October 01, 2013
Awful education here. As soon as another charter school opened up in the area, we pulled our child out and enrolled him in the other school. Thankfully, since it's a lottery, he was chosen and now is Excelling academically. I can't believe how the administration pats themselves on the back saying that they do a great job when their students are falling behind and not learning

Posted September 23, 2013
I am surprised to hear negative reviews. Ben Gamla does a great job with differentiating. This year they even added before school/after school clubs and a gifted pullout program. I am also a little confused about the comment about FCAT scores. The state establishes the scores and grades not the school.

Posted September 12, 2013
I couldn't agree more with the last review. This school does not teach anything. STAY AWAY!!!

Ben Gamla-Palm Beach
8600 south Jog Road, Boynton Beach, FL  33472
Last modified Ben Gamla-Palm Beach is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ben Gamla-Palm Beach Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top