Boynton Beach, FL

Poinciana Elementary School 2

Posted May 04, 2015
So so school. It depends on what the staff likes or dislikes about you and your child. I am sure there are some great teachers there but my little one was not so lucky to get that teacher. Almost everyday I get text message complaints about my little one from his teacher. I went to many meetings trying to see what we could do but only answer I got was complaining from them. My child is not a bully. The problem is for him to do his best, the teacher has to be on him. I get him to read and do math without nagging him. Staff got to a point where my child had been tagged and want to put out to special education or nothing. Lost cause . Now my child does not like school. I had to hire a teacher to help out because this school's teacher did not but complain, complain and complain. She even sent me a nasty note complaining about getting the teacher ? Wish she spent that time teaching other then texting on her phone to parents.

Posted March 21, 2015
my two daughters switched from another school two years ago and I couldn't be happier. They have excellent after school programs, they learn to play chess, have robotics, secme, science olympiad, math teams, chorus is excellent too . Miss Esnes, and Ms.Saunders are both excellent teachers. I would highly recommend the school to anyone.

Poinciana Elementary School 1

Posted September 26, 2014
the good reviews must be from the school staff, I agree with the parent that made the negative review , my experience was not good either and some teachers exoect parents to do their job, iI dont recommend this school at all.

Posted September 25, 2014
i am a student too and this school is amazing the teachers are really nice and the students here are friendly

Posted November 18, 2012
This school has really helped me a lot. i am in fifth grade and have been here since kindergarten. I am terribly glad i have not switched. i am also in the gifted class. The teacher there is utterly amazing. She connects with the kids, understands them and makes sure it is never silent in her room. We challenge ourselves, but have a little fun in the process. In my regular classroom, the teacher works one-on-one with the students, and monitors them well.

Posted October 30, 2011
Our kindergartener has Mrs. May for a teacher, and she is just spectacular. Our son entered the school 2.5 months ago and at that time he knew his ABCs and could sound out a word or two when he wasn't distracted. Two days ago he read a whole book to us! The case with mathematics is no different. We are extremely pleased and look forward to finding out what his capabilities are during the rest of this year.

Posted October 03, 2009
Poinciana has an unbelievable staff of creative teachers who make learning fun and exciting!

Posted September 22, 2009
I have a highly gifted child. After touring numerous number of schools (including gifted privat and gifted public), we have decided, that this was the best school. And it is amazing. After only a month of school all the teachers know most of the kids by their first names. Compare to other schools this school still offers Physical education, along side of Art and Music. Other great resources are Math Lab, Science lab with microscopes and live animals, planetarium, Lego robotics, chess club. (Come tour the school, it is jaw dropping.) My child is extremely happy at this school, and the teachers are working hard creating curriculum based on his academic level. I am very happy with our choice!

Posted September 18, 2009
My 8 year old was in a full time gifted program at another Palm Beach County school and I brought him to Poinciana for the superior education they offer here. I also have a child who is in Kindergarten at Poinciana. The K program is like no other in the district - hands on, creative, and stimulating. I drive a distance to get to the school and it is absolutely worth it. The Principal is really amazing and the teachers and staff are wonderful. My kids are bubbly and excited to share what they did at the end of each day. I am thrilled that I found this jewel.

Posted September 18, 2009
Getting into this school was the best thing that ever happened to my family! They have a very exciting hands on program with some of the finest teachers I have ever met. My kids get a full education here including arts and music as well as computer, math and science labs. Coolest thing of all- they have a planetarium! I am so glad that my kids go here. I was worried about switching to a public school, but after 3 years all I have to say is positive! The administration and front office staff are very friendly. It really feels like a big family. There are lots of opportunities to volunteer and be involved in your child's day. I wish every school could be as great as Poinciana! Yay Panda pride!!!

1203 North Seacrest Boulevard, Boynton Beach, FL  33435
Last modified Poinciana Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Poinciana Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top