684 students|Palm Beach
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The Hagen Road Elementary team joins parents and members of the community to guide all students to achieve success as they strive to excel today and in the future. Our school continues to meet high state standards and is recognized nationally for its success. Parents and community members are encouraged to review our school website at http://www.edline.net/pages/Hagen_Road_Elementary_School for detailed news and up-to-date information. This includes the school handbook, school improvement plan, past success, supply lists and important information that can assist parents in making informed decisions regarding their child's school experience. As the school continues to join hands with all to provide adequate direction for the design, delivery and evaluation of our program, we are proud that parents, teachers and community members (all parents, teachers and staff) have once again rated our school as having a Positive School Climate (on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the highest). The school was rated 4.0 for a Positive School Climate, 4.3 for High Expectations, 4.3 Frequently Monitor of Student Success, 4.2 Time on Task, 4.1 Positive Home/School Relations, 4.1 Instructional Leadership, 4.3 Clear Focused Mission with a total school of 4.2 rating. We are proud of our students,administration, teachers, parents and school and look forward to continued success. As always, parents and others wishing to contact the school are encouraged to email Dr. Richard Hughes, the school principal at hughesr@palmbeach.k12.fl.us . We are always available to assist parents and community members with any questions or concerns and appreciate input regarding the success of our school.
August 02, 2010

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted May 13, 2016
Wonderful Principal, great staff. Thank you for everything. I will make sure to support the school as much as I can.

Posted December 03, 2014
I have been a parent of Hagen for the past 10 years all of my children have attended Hagen and have only wonderful things to say about the Admin, however I do have to hand pick my teachers each yr and not because the teachers are bad teachers because they are not..... BUT because there is a hand full of teachers who focus all their energy in trying to destroy the ADMIN instead of focusing on educating the children.... They stand in the halls all day long and plot and call CTA like every other day... My thought is that if that hand full is not happy they should find another school that is better suited for them.. I do have to say that the teachers that my children have had have been nothing but wonderful and have only always put the education of the children first.... HAGEN ROCKS!!!!!

Posted September 14, 2014
The principal told the faculty in a meeting on August 12, 2014 to go onto this site and submit reviews to increase the rating. He showed the entire faculty a fake 5-star review he submitted as a parent (his children never attended there). Based on the lack of positive reviews, it seems like none of the teachers followed that direction, which should tell you something about their moral fiber vs. that of their boss. I am giving HRES 5 stars because of the excellent, hardworking teachers I see day in and day out try hard to give your kids the best, in spite of the unethical behavior at the top.

Posted August 20, 2014
I love HAGEN ROAD ELEMENTARY! My son is in fourth grade and has been attending this school since kindergarten, and has made so many friends along the way. The teachers and staff are very caring and informative!

Posted August 12, 2014
A wonderful school and one of the very best in the area! Recommend it to all.

Posted August 06, 2014
Pleased to announce that once again Hagen Road Elementary has been rated as an A-School by the Florida Department of Education. Hagen Road, along with neighboring Sunset Palms Elementary ( also a public school), are the only Boynton Beach Schools that received this high rating and named Golden and Five Star Schools. The school has plenty to offer all children in prekindergarten through grade five (including a renowned Spanish Dual Language Program). Parents and community members marvel at the annual May Day Performance that has been part of the school for over 50 years and the other parent activities and programs available. We are also looking forward to increased parent participation in the total school program and welcome the new PTA at the school.

Hagen Road Elementary School 1

Posted March 18, 2013
This school is HORRIBLE. My son attended this school for 1st and second grade. He was diagnosed ADHD but was undergoing additional testing for Autism. While going in for Parent night, I watched his teacher LITERALLY mock and mimic has body language in front of everyone there. He was told not to eat the M&Ms they used during bingo.He ate them. When I picked him up from school, he was so distraught that I couldn't make out what was wrong. I went to the office, they did NOTHING for me. Told me I couldn't see the Asst Principal (Dr Hughes wasn't even there). I basically barged in to find out that because he ate the m&ms he missed out of the holiday festivities. He spent 3 hours in the office and I never received a call! Missed seeing Santa and getting a special treat. It's been 3 years and he still talks about it. It is THAT memory that will never go away. BTW, he has been diagnosed with Autism. If you have a child with special needs DO NOT SEND THEM TO THIS SCHOOL. (I could write a book with everything that happened to him in the 2 years that he was there.) Also, I should be able to have access to my son.No parent involvement is just hurting the kids AND the school.

Posted March 08, 2013
Not impressed with Hagen Road. Although the teachers have been wonderful, the principal doesn't support parent involvement and the PTO only has 2 Board Members. While other schools have numerous committees on the PTO or PTA Hagen Road has none. This school doesn't even have an honor roll and my kids haven't been on a field trip in years. Very disappointed to see such a beautiful school become so unfriendly.

Posted February 20, 2013
Worse as years go by. There is not mcuh to say other than the school has been going downhill for years now. The Principal is not engaged. The new Assistant Principal is rude and always in a bad mood and the Dual Language program... well.. not working. There is a blatant lack of involvement and support from the Principal in all aspects from lack of inspection of school surroundings to something as simple as wishing their Safety Patrol and great trip to Washington D.C. The field is infested by fire ants that no one seems to care about. The afterschool program was the best for years and now is heading in the same direction as the rest of the school. No Field Day. Parents are not welcomed. Volunteers are not welcomed and in order to become one you have to jump through hoops. Overall, if you can avid putting your child through this and more please do so.

Posted September 12, 2011
Best thing I did was pull my child out of this school. I could care less how great their PTO is.....I want an organized school with an outstanding education. This school had neither.

Hagen Road Elementary School
10565 Hagen Ranch Road, Boynton Beach, FL  33437
Last modified Hagen Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.