Public charter
Boynton Beach, FL
Students enrolled: 1,125

Posted February 21, 2013
Great school Good teachers I am extremely impressed with South Tech. My grandson is a freshman and after a month, was struggling. The guidance counselor informed his Dad, and a meeting was set up for us to meet all his teachers. They were aware of the student's difficulties and offered valuable suggestions and encouragement. I am grateful the school employs teachers of such a high level of competency and dedication. They are truly concerned for the success of each of their students.

Posted January 15, 2012
I was never really challenged in grade school or junior high. South tech was not really that Great when I got there but I have seen the school grow to new heights with the addition of quality teachers and programs. there are some issues that I hope eventually get worked out such as balancing the coursework and career programs offered (the career programs should not take over academics). But all in all it shows much promise. I hope the students will experience the school for what it is worth like I did a few years ago.

South Tech Academy 3

Posted October 12, 2010
Does this school have a theatre program because I'm not really into plays and musical theatre I'm more into acting and making films since i want to be a actress and a director. does southtech have a program like that and is it a good one to? Also do you get to participate in film festivals?

Posted September 24, 2010

Posted November 01, 2009
wonderful instead of public schools were kids yell and act horrible, south tech is heaven compared they don't have the bad groups and the bad pick up Languages

Posted October 01, 2009
I am a student at south tech in the finance academy and I have attended south tech since freshmen year and i have been loving everything about the school... we have some awesome teachers in this school like Mrs.Ferris and Mrs.Moran which are both Finance teachers..I've tried to switch to a public school but it doesn't feel the same you don't really get the one on one with the teacher, the class sizes are great, and the environment is off the charts its great to wake up and go there..the only down fall I see in south tech is that we don't get ltm days but besides that everything is so much more satisfying to me as a student.

Posted August 03, 2009
I am a student at south tech in culinary arts... I went to santaluces high for 3 weeks and i was already failing.. I transfered to south tech where my graduating brother and my twin brother were and i couldnt be happier.. I love south tech and couldnt see myself going anywhere else.. The teachers actually try to help the kids unlike those other high schools where they dont care... Teachers like mrs. Beretta, chef kamen, ms. Lavie, mrs. Daniel, and mrs. Frangiskakis are the best techers at south tech... I love my school and i dont plan to change it any time soon... Class of 2012!!!

Posted July 24, 2009
I am a parent of a student who went to South Tech through her junior year. My child has a chronic illness and South Tech provided her with the best hospital homebound teacher who gave her that extra push to succeed in school. My child was diagnosed with an illness early into her highschool career, but during the two years she was able to attend South Tech, she developed academically and learned to realize her potential due to the support of staff and administration. I can't thank South Tech enough for the positive impact. They assisted in many ways throughout her years there. I would recommend South Tech to any student interested in our school. The Herzog Family

South Tech Academy 1

Posted July 23, 2009
I went to South Tech for 2 years and because of the lack of a good quality enviornment and teachers with some exceptions, such as Mr.Breault, Mrs.Eisenbach, Chef Kamen, Ms.Bates, Mrs.Ellison, and a few others, South Tech is the place to pick up on bad habbits and get itno the wrong crowd. I understand all schools have these kind of students but to have teachers be completely unaware of this nonsence is ridiculous. If you want your teenager going there don't be surprised if they change for the worse.

Posted September 03, 2008
I was a student in the IT program, Networking Program and graduated in 2006. I was salutatorian of my class, received a Presidential Scholarship for PBCC, which I graduated from in May of 2008, and now I'm attending FAU as a Civil Engineer student at the Engineering program with the help of my Florida Bright Futures scholarship. South Tech is one of those schools that if you don't handle your business, you'll bury yourself. Yes the teachers there are helpful, but they also know when to let go of your hand. In college, there will be no hand holding so what South Tech does is preparing the students, its up to the students to develop the discipline to focus and also have fun at the same time. They also give you plenty of opportunities to become certified in your vocational practice so you acquire a decent job out of high school.

South Tech Academy
1300 Southwest 30th Avenue, Boynton Beach, FL  33426
Last modified South Tech Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Tech Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top