1,140 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Excellent school in all areas of career and technical trade with academics. This school has 13 academies specializing for student careers.

Great school Good teachers I am extremely impressed with South Tech. My grandson is a freshman and after a month, was struggling. The guidance counselor informed his Dad, and a meeting was set up for us to meet all his teachers. They were aware of the student's difficulties and offered valuable suggestions and encouragement. I am grateful the school employs teachers of such a high level of competency and dedication. They are truly concerned for the success of each of their students.

I was never really challenged in grade school or junior high. South tech was not really that Great when I got there but I have seen the school grow to new heights with the addition of quality teachers and programs. there are some issues that I hope eventually get worked out such as balancing the coursework and career programs offered (the career programs should not take over academics). But all in all it shows much promise. I hope the students will experience the school for what it is worth like I did a few years ago.

Does this school have a theatre program because I'm not really into plays and musical theatre I'm more into acting and making films since i want to be a actress and a director. does southtech have a program like that and is it a good one to? Also do you get to participate in film festivals?

wonderful instead of public schools were kids yell and act horrible, south tech is heaven compared they don't have the bad groups and the bad pick up Languages

I am a student at south tech in the finance academy and I have attended south tech since freshmen year and i have been loving everything about the school... we have some awesome teachers in this school like Mrs.Ferris and Mrs.Moran which are both Finance teachers..I've tried to switch to a public school but it doesn't feel the same you don't really get the one on one with the teacher, the class sizes are great, and the environment is off the charts its great to wake up and go there..the only down fall I see in south tech is that we don't get ltm days but besides that everything is so much more satisfying to me as a student.

I am a student at south tech in culinary arts... I went to santaluces high for 3 weeks and i was already failing.. I transfered to south tech where my graduating brother and my twin brother were and i couldnt be happier.. I love south tech and couldnt see myself going anywhere else.. The teachers actually try to help the kids unlike those other high schools where they dont care... Teachers like mrs. Beretta, chef kamen, ms. Lavie, mrs. Daniel, and mrs. Frangiskakis are the best techers at south tech... I love my school and i dont plan to change it any time soon... Class of 2012!!!

I am a parent of a student who went to South Tech through her junior year. My child has a chronic illness and South Tech provided her with the best hospital homebound teacher who gave her that extra push to succeed in school. My child was diagnosed with an illness early into her highschool career, but during the two years she was able to attend South Tech, she developed academically and learned to realize her potential due to the support of staff and administration. I can't thank South Tech enough for the positive impact. They assisted in many ways throughout her years there. I would recommend South Tech to any student interested in our school. The Herzog Family

I went to South Tech for 2 years and because of the lack of a good quality enviornment and teachers with some exceptions, such as Mr.Breault, Mrs.Eisenbach, Chef Kamen, Ms.Bates, Mrs.Ellison, and a few others, South Tech is the place to pick up on bad habbits and get itno the wrong crowd. I understand all schools have these kind of students but to have teachers be completely unaware of this nonsence is ridiculous. If you want your teenager going there don't be surprised if they change for the worse.

Last modified South Tech Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.