PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Saint Joe's is an amazing school, filled with excellent teachers, a wonderful principal, and warm and welcoming families.
September 09, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I just move my children here from another Christian school. Im a parent that cares about what my kids are learning and if its adjusting to their knowledge and abilities. My son could not be very happy.He loves the school and made friends easily.He always excels in everything and Im glad that the school adjust to his capabilities.Also if you take the tour with Ms Apervich you will have insight what this school can offer from the academics, arts, performing arts, computer , sports and the spiritual growth. Children are well rounded.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The Principal is great. He is down to earth and love our kids. Age does not matter its how effective you do your job.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I strongly agree that our children will be well rounded in everything !. St Joseph is a great school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All of the teachers here work very hard for our children. As a parent I can see their dedication.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

I wanted my children to learn in school . For me to much homework is a sign teacher is not doing their job teaching our children well. I am proactive with my children and what they are learning in school. I think parents need to be very involved in our childrens education. So far I think their homework is balance.

I have been a parent at St. Joseph’s for more than 15 years, through four administrations. Each has had its strengths and challenges, but all of them have been completely committed to the development of each child, mind, body and spirit. When I read the negative reviews, I feel sorry for their experience but don’t recognize the school where my kids learned how to read, write and do math, grew in their faith, and began to understand their role in a larger community. St. Joe’s academic programs are so strong that every 8th grader wins a spot in his or her first-choice high school, including the most competitive college-prep programs. A strong guidance program helps students with their emotional development and empowers children to work through their interpersonal issues. The teachers here—many of whom I’ve known for 15 years—have helped raise my children to be thoughtful, kind people who are able to see others’ viewpoints and are unafraid to take on challenges. With one daughter in college in the Northeast and another about to go to high school, I am grateful every day for the gift of this strong, loving community.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

The most effective bullying programs ensure that the victim feels safe and heard and helps the bully understand and change their actions. In my direct experience, St. Joe's does both, very well.

SJES is an amazing school with dedicated teachers, faculty, and staff. The moment my children stepped on campus they were welcomed with love and respect. My oldest is now a freshman and attended SJES for nine years. He was accepted into every high school he applied to and placed in honor classes. He was very well prepared and his H.S. teachers have commented on his confidence, maturity, and kindness towards his new classmates. My daughter will graduate from SJES next year and she too is a strong confident young lady who adores her teachers and classmates. The attention the students get because of the small class size sets them up for success. This year has been especially exceptional with our new Head of School and it shows throughout the school community. Best decision I made for my kids was to enroll them here!

This schools headmaster is to young for the position he holds. I strongly agree with other statements regarding strange interactions with teachers and families. There is a reason the class sizes are so small run don't walk away from this school.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Multiple years they were informed and nothing was done.

Last modified Saint Joseph's Episcopal School & Early Childhood Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8