PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Saint Joe's is an amazing school, filled with excellent teachers, a wonderful principal, and warm and welcoming families.
September 09, 2015

Bad
Good

It was the most humiliating experience our family had ever been through and would never wish this type of experience upon anyone. As parents, it's our position to protect our kids and found we could have avoided this school altogether if only we had the time prior to my husbands work transfer, to research it better by reading the reviews and speak to other families in our Delray Beach community. Do your homework.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The interaction of teachers and students isn't normal. Might as well have your kids get lost in a large public school.

Amount of homework: Disagree

There isn't any- is was strange for our neighbors kids to have loads of homework and our son had none.

Amazing teachers and a very caring, loving atmosphere. My son graduated from SJES and is now a sophomore in High school He is consistently at the top of his class academically. My daughter is in middle school and is also quite successful. Sending my children to St. Joe's was one of the best decisions that I made as a parent!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted September 09, 2015

St. Joe's is a welcoming place with a supportive administration, hardworking teachers who put everything into their students' learning, and a family-oriented atmosphere. The campus is pristine and safe, as well.

I go to school at sjes and it is terrible. They say its a college prep school but that is a lie. There is absolutely no homework in the middle school.

My family and I are new to Florida. Prior to moving here, I checked out the online rating of his appointed public school & it received the highest rating in the area so we were comfortable that his transition would be smooth. When I drove up to his school upon arrival I got a very bad feeling in my stomach, followed up with the first 2 days of school being horrible, so elementary and lacking in programs, we removed him from school on the 3rd day, never to return. I started my search & visited 60+ charter & private schools, crying some days at what I had found.We are not religious people so I feared that I would have to force Christianity upon my 6 year in order to give him a good education. As soon as I drove up to St Joseph's I got a great sense that this is where he needed to be, a bit scared of the religious part in the beginning, but it has been just as they initially promised, important teachings of basic fundamentals of humanity. The education system is the best I have seen hands down, they teach a grade level above & the parents & staff have been extremely welcoming. I am so happy that my son is lucky enough to attend this school. It is all around a great school!

We miss the gentle, supportive leadership of the last head. She listened to every student.

There is a great amount of bullying at this school. The Head of School, nor the staff really deal with the issue.

Last modified Saint Joseph's Episcopal School & Early Childhood Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8