PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Saint Joe's is an amazing school, filled with excellent teachers, a wonderful principal, and warm and welcoming families.
September 09, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted September 14, 2015
Amazing teachers and a very caring, loving atmosphere. My son graduated from SJES and is now a sophomore in High school He is consistently at the top of his class academically. My daughter is in middle school and is also quite successful. Sending my children to St. Joe's was one of the best decisions that I made as a parent!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted September 09, 2015

Posted August 20, 2015
St. Joe's is a welcoming place with a supportive administration, hardworking teachers who put everything into their students' learning, and a family-oriented atmosphere. The campus is pristine and safe, as well.

Saint Joseph's Episcopal School & Early Childhood Academy 3

Posted December 21, 2012
I go to school at sjes and it is terrible. They say its a college prep school but that is a lie. There is absolutely no homework in the middle school.

Posted October 01, 2012
My family and I are new to Florida. Prior to moving here, I checked out the online rating of his appointed public school & it received the highest rating in the area so we were comfortable that his transition would be smooth. When I drove up to his school upon arrival I got a very bad feeling in my stomach, followed up with the first 2 days of school being horrible, so elementary and lacking in programs, we removed him from school on the 3rd day, never to return. I started my search & visited 60+ charter & private schools, crying some days at what I had found.We are not religious people so I feared that I would have to force Christianity upon my 6 year in order to give him a good education. As soon as I drove up to St Joseph's I got a great sense that this is where he needed to be, a bit scared of the religious part in the beginning, but it has been just as they initially promised, important teachings of basic fundamentals of humanity. The education system is the best I have seen hands down, they teach a grade level above & the parents & staff have been extremely welcoming. I am so happy that my son is lucky enough to attend this school. It is all around a great school!

Saint Joseph's Episcopal School & Early Childhood Academy 1

Posted February 05, 2012
We miss the gentle, supportive leadership of the last head. She listened to every student.

Saint Joseph's Episcopal School & Early Childhood Academy 1

Posted January 11, 2012
There is a great amount of bullying at this school. The Head of School, nor the staff really deal with the issue.

Posted November 03, 2011
This is my daughters' fourth year at St. Josephs and I am thrilled at the atmosphere, the student bady, the wonderful teachers, and the administration. It is truly mind, body, spirit education. Thumbs up all the way.

Posted May 02, 2011
My kids attend this school and have since Pre-K. My wife and I both have advanced academic degrees and we take education seriously. We have watched carefully our children's progress at this school and over the years have also watched carefully the academic performance of St Joe graduates as they move to high school. They do very well. We've also in the last couple years seen kids depart and then return especially in the middle school. Something not noted below is worth mentioning. Religion at Saint Joe's is provided with a light touch. We are not Episcopal and many of the students are not. Religion at the school we've found to be heavily focused on building character. We like that. Also interesting school sports and participation in the arts are mandatory for all students. Very strong head of school in Tami Pleasanton. Strong middle school teachers. High expectations of the kids. Finally. I read the "average students" comment of a year or two ago. Obviously something went awry with that parent's child while at the school. But the comment to me illustrates what you won't find at St. Joes: A parent who inflates their child's abilities and does "school shopping".

Posted June 15, 2010
Wow. Lots of opinions. My kids have attended St. Joseph's and over time have moved to public schools at various ages. So I've seen both Palm Beach County public schools and St. Joe's. I would just observe a couple things. First, my kids come out of Saint Joe's were extremely well prepared at every level. Our ongoing challenge after St. Joe's was that public schools had trouble keeping our kid's academic motivation high after a couple years. One other thing. Despite the marketing of Palm Beach Public schools programs (gifted/AP), the kids had quite a few weak teachers. But more importantly those teachers never went away (each kid would have them). I must say that St. Joe's has always made changes with under-performing staff. This would be my top tangible reason to recommended. Every kid's different in achievement but St. Joe's has strong curriculum and staff.

Saint Joseph's Episcopal School & Early Childhood Academy
3300 S. Seacrest Blvd, Boynton Beach, FL  33435
(561) 732-2045
Last modified Saint Joseph's Episcopal School & Early Childhood Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8