St Joseph's Episcopal School 3

Posted December 21, 2012
I go to school at sjes and it is terrible. They say its a college prep school but that is a lie. There is absolutely no homework in the middle school.

Posted October 01, 2012
My family and I are new to Florida. Prior to moving here, I checked out the online rating of his appointed public school & it received the highest rating in the area so we were comfortable that his transition would be smooth. When I drove up to his school upon arrival I got a very bad feeling in my stomach, followed up with the first 2 days of school being horrible, so elementary and lacking in programs, we removed him from school on the 3rd day, never to return. I started my search & visited 60+ charter & private schools, crying some days at what I had found.We are not religious people so I feared that I would have to force Christianity upon my 6 year in order to give him a good education. As soon as I drove up to St Joseph's I got a great sense that this is where he needed to be, a bit scared of the religious part in the beginning, but it has been just as they initially promised, important teachings of basic fundamentals of humanity. The education system is the best I have seen hands down, they teach a grade level above & the parents & staff have been extremely welcoming. I am so happy that my son is lucky enough to attend this school. It is all around a great school!

St Joseph's Episcopal School 1

Posted February 05, 2012
We miss the gentle, supportive leadership of the last head. She listened to every student.

St Joseph's Episcopal School 1

Posted January 11, 2012
There is a great amount of bullying at this school. The Head of School, nor the staff really deal with the issue.

Posted November 03, 2011
This is my daughters' fourth year at St. Josephs and I am thrilled at the atmosphere, the student bady, the wonderful teachers, and the administration. It is truly mind, body, spirit education. Thumbs up all the way.

Posted May 02, 2011
My kids attend this school and have since Pre-K. My wife and I both have advanced academic degrees and we take education seriously. We have watched carefully our children's progress at this school and over the years have also watched carefully the academic performance of St Joe graduates as they move to high school. They do very well. We've also in the last couple years seen kids depart and then return especially in the middle school. Something not noted below is worth mentioning. Religion at Saint Joe's is provided with a light touch. We are not Episcopal and many of the students are not. Religion at the school we've found to be heavily focused on building character. We like that. Also interesting school sports and participation in the arts are mandatory for all students. Very strong head of school in Tami Pleasanton. Strong middle school teachers. High expectations of the kids. Finally. I read the "average students" comment of a year or two ago. Obviously something went awry with that parent's child while at the school. But the comment to me illustrates what you won't find at St. Joes: A parent who inflates their child's abilities and does "school shopping".

Posted June 15, 2010
Wow. Lots of opinions. My kids have attended St. Joseph's and over time have moved to public schools at various ages. So I've seen both Palm Beach County public schools and St. Joe's. I would just observe a couple things. First, my kids come out of Saint Joe's were extremely well prepared at every level. Our ongoing challenge after St. Joe's was that public schools had trouble keeping our kid's academic motivation high after a couple years. One other thing. Despite the marketing of Palm Beach Public schools programs (gifted/AP), the kids had quite a few weak teachers. But more importantly those teachers never went away (each kid would have them). I must say that St. Joe's has always made changes with under-performing staff. This would be my top tangible reason to recommended. Every kid's different in achievement but St. Joe's has strong curriculum and staff.

St Joseph's Episcopal School 0

Posted April 05, 2010
This year, we moved our two children from Montessori to a traditional setting at Saint Joseph s (one was in 4th and one in 5th). They have very caring teachers who listen and work with us as much as they are able. I believe schools need to maintain a balance between their tradition and a willingness to constantly evolve to be at their best. I think this school is striving to attain this goal. Every school has room for improvement. My children have been safe, gotten the academic basics, and some good enrichments. I have a Catholic background and find the religious instruction to be a breath of fresh air. We have been very happy with the Episcopal teaching of Christianity.

St Joseph's Episcopal School 0

Posted April 02, 2010
Saint Joseph's School is fantastic. The teachers go above and beyond their job descriptions. Students are challenged academically, spiritually and physically. They are provided with many opportunities to advance creatively. The campus is safe and students learn in a loving, caring environment.

Posted April 01, 2010
Best private academic school around, better than anything in gifted programs. Why, graduates move into IB or other advanced programs. This school teaches to the whole child and offers excellent athletic and arts programs. Also foreign language and strong values, spirtual base taught.

St Joseph's Episcopal School
3300 South Seacrest Boulevard, Boynton Beach, FL  33435
(561) 732-2045
Last modified St Joseph's Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Joseph's Episcopal School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top