Boynton Beach Community High School

Public | 9-12 | 1743 students

Posted June 16, 2014

Horrible and stay away thank goodness this is now a Dreyhoos School of the Art pay attention this school will now receive all the resources that it needs

Posted April 21, 2014

Boynton Beach High School would not give my son a F for his grad. I told them if he deserve a F then give it to him. I was told by one of his teacher that he does not like to give Out F to his students. I got his report card and the grade was a D instead of a F. I have all of his progress reports and report cards and it shows the teacher change his grade to a D. He was in the BASA program witch I loved because they are college teachers and they do not use the high school grad system. They saw a lot of promos in him but he did not do his work just like all of his other classes. He got a F and they drop him from the program. I wish they change the school system to give what the child deserve for a grade. Remember what happened with the high schools did with the football players just because the players where wining there games. They are passing kids through the school system .Parents don't you want your kids to learn in school like you did . When we did get F's we had to work hard to bring the F up to a C. Middle school through high school kids learn no matter what they get pass to the next grade. My son told me he would pass no matter what so he did not do any school work.

Posted April 9, 2014

I honestly disagree when people try to claim that Boynton high is a bad school. It's genuinely one of the most outstanding schools in the county. All the programs that they had to offer we're all marvelous. Most of the teachers there are helpful and they have a wonderful staff. I highly recommend this school to any parent looking for their child's next high school.

Posted April 4, 2014

This school is so much more than in the past! The new administration makes such a difference! Keep up the good work! Most of the teachers are just fantastic! So happy with this school! Don't think twice about sending your student here! They have the best magnet programs check it out! Where else can you take private pilot classes? and get college credits at the same time

Posted May 7, 2013

My school is Boynton Beach Community High School. At first I did not want to go there because it did not have a good reputation. As a student who has witnessed private, magnet, and public school education I do not see why this school has so many horrible critics. Every time something bad happens we are in the news. Yet, whenever our student body accomplishes something no kne seems to care. Other schools are way worst then this one where the staff actually cares about its student body you just have to care back. And to all those parents who claim that teachers are horrible and whatever when was the last time you cared about your child's education? And actually tried to help your child with homework. Yes, the teacher is the one that's supposed to teach but you as well. If your child does not want to learn please grow up and do not blame the education system instead take some time and look at what your child is doing to improve themselves. Boynton Beach Community High School is a great school that offers many different programs. Take advantage of it instead of complaining and being ungrateful for such a great school we have here.

Posted December 4, 2012

This school is a excellent school i also am a former student at this school i graduated with a 4.0 and i had 5 scholarships

Posted April 16, 2012

If you like teachers letting your child pass for no reason while not really grasping the material then this is the school for them! The teaching pace is horrible AND you won't be covering everything you need to know in prep for future tests. Most of the teachers end up curving tests just so that they can keep their job. A whole month to go over one subject. The amount of dishonest thieves in this school is atrocious. Don't believe any of this bs about the "basa" program, those who review about it are the teachers themselves with spare time.

Posted February 18, 2012

My son has a learning disability and this school did nothing to help him. If anything they put him down and let him get so far behind on school work he was wanting to quit. He also was the victim of bully's. The school did nothing to protect my child and he ended up in the hospital. Stay away from this school.

Posted December 20, 2011

My son is currently a Sophomore at Boynton Beach High School, enrolled in the BASA (Boynton Aerospace and Science Academy). This is a joint venture with Embry Riddle University. The program is incredible in that the students earn college credit, and have the opportunity to earn their private pilots license, or on the maintenance side, an airframe license. Our experience with the teachers, faculty and staff have been nothing short of amazing. I continue to wonder why this school is so badly rated, when the parents and students all have such positive feedback. My son commutes daily from Royal Palm Beach - we feel extremely fortunate to have access to such a wonderful program.

Posted August 8, 2011

Last year we enrolled our two teens into the Aeronautics Academy at Boynton High. This program is rigorous for a teen but will yield almost the same results as an IB program with the exception of obtaining an actual college transcript when they complete the academy studies, not to mention 10 hours of flight training FREE if your teen desires to learn to fly. As for the school, it is full of teachers and administrators that care about the students and their success. Our kids are happy here and that makes it ok in our book!

Posted April 10, 2010

Boynton is not THAT bad. Boynton is not the best school and it isn't the worst either. When you arrive there, it's going to seem kinda ghettoish but as long as you act like you have some sense and act like everybody else, youll fit in in no time. I seen new kids come and go here like flies. And it didn't make any sense to me. All they did was complain and complain about how much they hated the school. They always looking down on everybody else like they lower class or something. That's why nobody liked them. I got here a few weeks after the school year started. It took me just 2 or 3 weeks to assimilate. I have fun in class and talk and laugh like I been there. Trust me, I'm the nerdiest guy ever and if I can make it, you definitely can.

Posted January 29, 2010

im a former student at boynton beach high and this school has improve a lot and all i can say is that puttin your kids at boymton beach high school will be a good thing because our school is safe the school focus on our future and give us progam that will help us go to college and we treat everyone equally

Posted April 11, 2008

If you take time to read the reviews that're posted, you will become aware that most parents rated this school 'low' while students rated this school 'high.' I'm a student in this school, class of 2011. Based on the experiences in this school, i can honestly say that this is a great school. Before coming here, i didn't want to go here but have no choice. But going here has probably been the best experience yet because it taught me rumors are more full of B.S. then you think. I found all the rumors about this school false. And parents, think about it, you are not going nor coming to this school. Listen to the students who acturally came to this school and learned. The staff are excellent despise one or two of them. Don't listen to rumors, and take time to notice the great things in the school. Virginia

Posted March 27, 2008

I am a Junior attending Boynton Beach C.H.S., I believe that this school is a great school. Even thought there are rumors that tarnish our school's name and reputation! The students may have manner problems, along with many other areas that need some work. But I believe that with the proper factors a student can truly acheive in this school! The administration and staff are wonderful! I have had quite a few run inns with them but as long as you have a cool demeanor and respect; it will help you in the long run! This school isn't the best academically wise but it is now trying to work its erode the old and bring forth anew foundation in which all of it's students can achieve in: academically, atheletically, as well as performing arts and etc;

Posted February 29, 2008

I am currently a senior in BBCHS. This school has its ups and down but overall this school is great. I was in love with the school the minute I first stepped foot on the campus. Everyone is nice, fuunny, and always there to help out. The administrative staff especially for Camp, Clemons, and Tierny) are cool. They understand us and don't make us feel inferior. They make us feel equal but also let us know who's boss. I wish I can say the same for all teachers but I can't but most of them actually care about their students. Anderson, Woods, Adams,Degregory, are the few that impacted my life and helped me to where I am today. They actually care about the students. All the way from the administration to the lunch ladies. (i.e Mrs. Bea)I love it, No regrets here! Roseline Altine

Posted October 7, 2007

As a 2006 graduate from Boynton High, I feel the need to comment about it. The positive aspects include the diversity, the friendly student community, the proactive administration, and the guidance counselors who have a personal interest in the success of each student. My main issue is that some teachers had more passion than others, and many substitutes failed to serve as a true substitution to the real instructor. The disciplinary actions given to delinquent students increased, which was much needed. I loved my experience there.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted September 4, 2007

I am currently a senior at Boynton Beach High School. I would have to say in my personal opinion that this school has alot of potenial to become a top high school. The enviroment very comfortable and the teachers are always will to work with to improve your skills or to give you the ability to keep up with the work. I believe that Boynton Beach High has excellent staff and teachers we just need the students to have the drive to want to succeed in their academics and allow themselves to become better individuals.

Posted September 4, 2007

Im a current student in BBHS,Im a junior and I would like to say that Im very disappointed to some of the comments about this school. The reason for that is because this school teach us more then what you think. Just because your child not learning nothing that don't mean the other kids don't learn either. Dave Rene class of '09

Posted August 30, 2007

The time has come to change administrators at this school. Specifically, this school needs leadership that forms partnerships with local leaders and businesses. In addition, solely traditional forms of instruction will not help the school to increase learning.

Posted July 24, 2007

I think tht the teachers are doing well but in some not all cases they really need to get a handle on the kids better so that the class is able to learn. I have been disappointed in h0w cruel alot of the kids are to my son who has a disablity. They need to learn more of what is out there in the world otherwise they will never make it.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 53% in 2014.

450 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 55% in 2014.

382 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 64% in 2014.

383 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 84% in 2012.

364 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "C".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 66% in 2014.

317 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 68% in 2014.

362 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2014.

357 students were tested at this school in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 65% in 2014.

367 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 11%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• (561) 752-1205

Staff resources available to students
  • Art teacher(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options