Boynton Beach, FL

Posted March 18, 2014
My son attended this school for 6th grade only. The bullying was out of control. He was attacked and physically assaulted several times IN CLASS, and the teachers didn't do anything about it until I complained to the principal. The 6th grade AP was unresponsive, and it couldn't get her to return my calls until I would call the principal. Moving my son to another middle school for 7th and 8th grade was the best thing I've ever done. The think most of the teachers are good, they just don't get enough support in keeping the bullies in line. I think the administration only believes what they want to and not what is really happening. I ended up reporting the school to "Safe Schools" and the South Area superintendent. How do you expect kids to learn if they are constantly afraid?? I will never allow another one of my children to attend this school.

Odyssey Middle School 3

Posted May 22, 2013
Let me be honest. I cried the first day I dropped my son off to this school in the middle of his 6th grade year. He went from a heavily controlled school in PSL, to this animal house. Some of the teachers are okay, but some are wonderful. Some of the kids are good, but others are products of their parents. Some how, my son went from B's & C's to straight A's in this school. So, they must be doing something right. My son cannot tolerate the majority of the kids, and finds it very hard to learn when the others are acting up in every class, every day. He gets picked on by some of the kids almost daily. He thinks the animalistic kids are known and recognized by the faculty more so than the good kids, but has a few teachers he says that make it all worth it. I've offered him to switch schools now that he is going into 8th grade, but he turned me down and would like to stay. They must be doing something right at this animal house. Many of the kids seem terrible. The parents are to blame. YOU should know what your kid is doing, and how they act. Get in touch with their teachers. They'll tell you. Talk to your kids + Never spoil your kids=Good Kids.

Posted March 02, 2013
This is our first and last year at this school. The school is not safe, has 4 police officers on patrol. The teachers are great but the Principal, Asst. Principals or the Guidance Counselor are not great at returning calls. The Principal wont even come meet us in person, claimed she was busy and sent AP to deal with us instead. Many theft and bully issues. Lot of troubled kids in the school. The office is too busy putting out fires everyday versus focus on the support of the staff or keeping the school safe. Many teachers have left the school. If you care about your kid's education and safety, this is NOT the school of choice. I was not the one to judge the school based on hear say, but now I have experienced it myself and cant wait to pull my kids out soon enough.

Posted November 30, 2012
I am a teacher at this school and I must say that I have taught for 32 years and I have never had any students as hardworking, respectful, and honest as the ones here at Odyssey. All of my co-workers work very hard to do the best for their students. The dress code policy is one that the kids love. You may wear jeans of any color and polo shirts of any color. I highly recommend this school to any parent.

Posted January 08, 2012
ok so this school is amazing i was here for 6-8th grade and unfortunatly am changing schools becouse of location i recomend enrollment and put your child in the spanish class becouse the teacher mr villacis is great and theylle have lots of fun and look forward to going to school everyday plus they have spanish 1 algebra 1 geometry and scpace honors which are all clases that give your child high school credit so go ahead and enroll your child !

Odyssey Middle School 3

Posted July 24, 2011
At the beginning of the school year we're impressed by the teachers and in general with the school. But after a few months in the school our son started to have bullying problems which they were addressed and apparently taking care of, then the school change their best teacher, and they were with a substitute teacher for 3 months . Whom the kids said didn't know what to do with the students. And finally the fights!. Almost every week, in the las 2 months of school, they happend in between classes and or at parent pick-up when they weren't supervised. It's a shame! the good students have to be tortured by this annoying episodes that produces stress and insecurity. And It seems that Odyssey it's been famous for.

Posted April 28, 2010
This school is really good for my child .I love it when she comes from school healthy and smart!All the time she tells me 'I ate good breakfast and good lunch!!Thankyou for everything!!!

Posted December 18, 2009

Posted July 08, 2009

Posted March 20, 2009

Odyssey Middle School
6161 Woolbright Road, Boynton Beach, FL  33437
Last modified Odyssey Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Odyssey Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top