Imagine Charter At Lakewood Ranch

Charter | PK-5 | 471 students

We are best known for individual academic experience.

Posted August 1, 2014

This school staff isn't diverse. Average age of teachers is approximately 30 years. Only one male teacher in a content area. Constant employee turnover and zero job security.

Posted June 3, 2014

I can not say enough about this school! My son stated in 6th grade he was very shy! He is now finishing the 8th grade. He has made leaps and bounds and I owe it to the teachers and students at Imagine. He is a A-B student! Great school!

Posted April 4, 2014

Imagine! Working at a school where you feel valued and appreciated, sometimes even by the students! :) We are a school, a community, and a family and our goal is to work together for the benefit of all. "Ms. Q" our principal always has our kids best interest at heart. Plus she is there for her staff in every way. Are we perfect? By no means, we have our ups and downs. We face the "downs" with a positive attitude and celebrate the "ups" with joy Yes, we are a small school in numbers, even though we have students from VPK to eighth grade, yet we do our best to see that our students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of after school activities. Okay, let's get real and clear. My school, Imagine Lakewood Ranch, "Rocks"! However, I would love to have a Smart Board, classroom computers, and we would all love more text book and other resources,and just to mention unlimited copies While I am sure there are many deserving schools, I know that we will make the best use of every dollar down to every penny with our focus on our students. Like I said, Imagine working at a "Rocking" school with warmth and heart. Thank you ever so much for considering our school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted December 7, 2013

That last post was ridiculous. So now this parent knows more details that have not been reported at all. Probably one of the parents and probably one who has issues at home trying to defer the blame..... own up and go see a therapist

Posted August 28, 2013

This is the second year my kids have attended Imagine and I am pleased overall with the school. There are some really great teachers who go above and beyond...and there are a few who do the minimum. I stayed involved in their classes last year feel they had a great experience and this year has started off even better. When they finally are able to weed through a few of the "less-than" teachers, this school has amazing potential! The principle is wonderful, so involved, and present on the school property before/during/after school! The front office staff is great as well and I really feel most of the teachers truly care about the childrens' success. I have been blessed with two years of great teachers and am excited to see them grow at this school. I have & would recommend others to this school!

Posted May 23, 2013

I am completely displeased with the middle school teachers at. Bad attitude, bad teaching techniques, bad everything. In the last month of school, all of the middle school teachers decide to cram all of their projects in. They could've been a lot less stressful if they were spread throughout the year. I do not suggest this school to any middle schooler. The elementary area is very nice, however.

Posted February 15, 2013

A terrific new principal with caring and involved teachers. My daughter has blossomed there and I look forward to continued growth and success!

Posted September 23, 2012

There is a big difference between a Masters degree in a subject area like English or Spanish and a Masters degree in Educational Leadership where you focus only on studying and becoming proficient in instructional leadership and how to be a principal. Check out the new administrators credentials carefully. Learning "on the job" like the last principal did was not good for the learning community at Imagine. That is where the for profit provider, the Imagine Corporation, drops the ball. All I can say is, buyer beware when it comes to charter schools, and this one in particular.

Posted September 8, 2012

I could not be happier with the new administration. The school is definitely headed in the right direction. The new school leader is wonderful. She really cares about the kids and how they are doing. Not sure where the other person had gotten their information from, but she does have a Master's degree. She also has taught English and Spanish. The teachers are excellent. I would recommend this school to others.

Posted August 13, 2012

I attended Imagine School of Lakewood Ranch, and I must say It was one of the WORST schools I have ever been to. I feel as if I have not learned anything this past year ! I graduated rom that school, and SO many things were never punished . I was bullied BAD and the princibles never even punished them. I suggest that any parents who are reading this , you should choose a diferent school for your child,

Posted August 6, 2012

I began working for Imagine School the first year it opened, but left at the end of the 2010/2011 school year.The program has so much potential, and this year with all the changes made to middle school and leadership roles, I believe it will make a comeback from last years problems! Go Sharks! I believe in you all!

Posted May 30, 2012

This school is great I have there kids a son that in 5th grade and a daughter in 3rd they both love it. My other son went there last and now goes to BRHS we love this school Go Sharks!

Posted May 18, 2012

ONE OF THE WORST SCHOOLS IN MANATEE COUNTY! IF I COULD GIVE THIS SCHOOL ZERO STARS I WOULD. THERE IS NO DISCIPLINE IN THIS SCHOOL AT ALL. THEY HAVE STUDENTS WHO BEAT UP TEACHERS AND BREAK THEIR FINGERS AND ALL THEY GET IS A 10 DAY SUSPENSION. THE ELEMENTARY GRADE TEACHERS ARE AWESOME BUT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHERS ARE AWFUL. TEACHERS ARE HAVING AFFAIRS AND MY CHILDREN ARE COMING HOME AND ASKING ME WHAT IS GOING ON. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. THE PRINCIPAL IS TOO YOUNG AND IS NOTHING BUT A JOKE. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS SCHOOL!!!

Posted April 25, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this school. No school is perfect but this one has come close for us. We have attended the program since it opened 4 years ago and my 2 boys have received a quality, individualized education in a strong character building environment. They have been allowed to grow as individuals as well as develop a respect for others. The principle and staff have always listened to all concerns and suggestions with an open mind and a willingness to continually improve their program. We highly recommend this school.

Posted April 4, 2012

My daughter entered the Praesto Academy as a 5th grader in August, 2011. Her teacher, Ms. DeSena was excellent. The school lacks a sense of focus and the Middle School children are out of control. We recently withdrew our daughter to home school her. Also, if you're volunteering at the school be aware of the poor insurance coverage. I slipped and injured my back and knee in the front lobby. The school refuses to cover my injuries in excess of $15,000. My back surgery will be in excess of $50k and my knee surgery will be $5-7K or more. I was dropping off ISLWR clothing at the time of the accident. The parent company is more interested in doing whats best for the school as the injured suffer. We were so pleased last fall, now we know why so many teachers, staff and students have left. I'll be shocked if the school lasts more than a few years unless there are major changes. I would avoid entering the facility at any cost. Stay in your car. Leaving Gene Witt was the worst mistake we've made as parents!!!!!!

Posted February 28, 2012

My daughter has been going here for two years and loves it. Her teachers are great. She is learning a lot. I am happy that she keeps the same teachers and classmates for three years.

Posted February 26, 2012

This school is great. I had two sons there and now have only one as the older one went on to high school. The kids at the school are the best buch of kids you can find in a school setting. The sports program is getting MUCH better and the quality of the education that you receive is second to none. I have known a few parents whose children have had a hard tiome at the school but thos e same kids hav ehad just as hard a time at the next school and the next school they went to. I would highly recomend this school to anyone

Posted January 8, 2012

N.Y. RESIDENT COMING BACK FOR PRAESTO ACADEMY/ lakewood Ranch!! We moved to Sarasota this past Summer (2011) JUST to attend the "national recognized" Gifted school "PINEVIEW".. only to see that this "unhealthy,stressful, inhumane" school was definitely NOT what we were looking for; eventhough my child had no difficulty keeping up with the advanced work, and as a result we took our child out after only a few months. In addition, my husband and i definitely do not care about "status" - as we found out soooo many Sarasota parents do. We also met so many "real" parents that would never send their child to PINEVIEW GIFTED SCHOOL...for the same exact reasons as us. So, with that being said..... We cannot wait to start the PRAESTO ACADEMY @ IMAGINE SCHOOL IN LAKE WOOD RANCH, FLORIDA!! Yes, were coming back with "bells on"! Allison McCrann - Long Island/NY

Posted December 29, 2011

I cant say enough great things about this school. The project child style has helped my one child. My other child has been in the Middle School since it started. The safe and smaller environment has helped him excel in so many areas. All my kids have a confidence that they would have not developed anywhere else. The focus on character is wonderful especially at the MS level. Every year they get better and better!

Posted October 11, 2011

Imagine School of Lakewood Ranch has been an amazing experience for my daughter. She has been there for three years and has loved all of her teachers. The teacher will go out of there way to help out in any way possible. It is a different type of school than a regular public one, and it does require more involvement and commitment from both parents and students. The more involved you are with the school the more you will get. The quality of education provided at this school to my daughter is excellent. We could not have picked a better school for her.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

54 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

54 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

48 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

48 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

47 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

74 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "B".
  • This school did not receive a grade in 2008-2009.

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 1%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Polish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Specific academic themes or areas of focus
  • Special education
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Other health impairments
  • Specific learning disabilities
  • Speech and language impairments

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Arts & music

Instructional and/or curriculum models used
  • Accelerated credit learning
  • Gifted / high performing
  • Honors track

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • MS. SELENIA QUINONES
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Is there an application process?
Fax number

• Creative writing
  • Dance
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper