410 students|Manatee

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted May 17, 2016
My only regret is that we didn't transfer to this school sooner. Smaller classes, more structure w/ adult supervision, responsive teachers, and an accessible Principal.

Posted January 27, 2015
What I can say is that I am very pleased with the staff and school at Imagine Lakewood Ranch. I am not concerned whether or not the staff isn't diverse and that the average age is 30. I'd rather have the average age of 30, so long as my child is being educated and feels safe. My child's teacher has gone above and beyond and shows care and concern, and THAT is what is important!

Posted August 01, 2014
This school staff isn't diverse. Average age of teachers is approximately 30 years. Only one male teacher in a content area. Constant employee turnover and zero job security.

Posted June 03, 2014
I can not say enough about this school! My son stated in 6th grade he was very shy! He is now finishing the 8th grade. He has made leaps and bounds and I owe it to the teachers and students at Imagine. He is a A-B student! Great school!

Posted April 04, 2014
Imagine! Working at a school where you feel valued and appreciated, sometimes even by the students! :) We are a school, a community, and a family and our goal is to work together for the benefit of all. "Ms. Q" our principal always has our kids best interest at heart. Plus she is there for her staff in every way. Are we perfect? By no means, we have our ups and downs. We face the "downs" with a positive attitude and celebrate the "ups" with joy Yes, we are a small school in numbers, even though we have students from VPK to eighth grade, yet we do our best to see that our students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of after school activities. Okay, let's get real and clear. My school, Imagine Lakewood Ranch, "Rocks"! However, I would love to have a Smart Board, classroom computers, and we would all love more text book and other resources,and just to mention unlimited copies While I am sure there are many deserving schools, I know that we will make the best use of every dollar down to every penny with our focus on our students. Like I said, Imagine working at a "Rocking" school with warmth and heart. Thank you ever so much for considering our school.

Posted August 28, 2013
This is the second year my kids have attended Imagine and I am pleased overall with the school. There are some really great teachers who go above and beyond...and there are a few who do the minimum. I stayed involved in their classes last year feel they had a great experience and this year has started off even better. When they finally are able to weed through a few of the "less-than" teachers, this school has amazing potential! The principle is wonderful, so involved, and present on the school property before/during/after school! The front office staff is great as well and I really feel most of the teachers truly care about the childrens' success. I have been blessed with two years of great teachers and am excited to see them grow at this school. I have & would recommend others to this school!

Posted May 23, 2013
I am completely displeased with the middle school teachers at. Bad attitude, bad teaching techniques, bad everything. In the last month of school, all of the middle school teachers decide to cram all of their projects in. They could've been a lot less stressful if they were spread throughout the year. I do not suggest this school to any middle schooler. The elementary area is very nice, however.

Imagine Charter At Lakewood Ranch 4

Posted February 15, 2013
A terrific new principal with caring and involved teachers. My daughter has blossomed there and I look forward to continued growth and success!

Posted September 23, 2012
There is a big difference between a Masters degree in a subject area like English or Spanish and a Masters degree in Educational Leadership where you focus only on studying and becoming proficient in instructional leadership and how to be a principal. Check out the new administrators credentials carefully. Learning "on the job" like the last principal did was not good for the learning community at Imagine. That is where the for profit provider, the Imagine Corporation, drops the ball. All I can say is, buyer beware when it comes to charter schools, and this one in particular.

Posted September 08, 2012
I could not be happier with the new administration. The school is definitely headed in the right direction. The new school leader is wonderful. She really cares about the kids and how they are doing. Not sure where the other person had gotten their information from, but she does have a Master's degree. She also has taught English and Spanish. The teachers are excellent. I would recommend this school to others.

Imagine Charter At Lakewood Ranch
10535 Portal Crossing, Bradenton, FL  34211
Last modified Imagine Charter At Lakewood Ranch is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.