Public charter
Bradenton, FL

Posted October 15, 2014
My kids have been going to this school since 6th grade. They love their teachers and they are motivated to work hard. There is always a teacher around to help them with whatever questions they have. Great school. My kids are now in high school and love the dual program. Excellence! The only downfall is the lack of sports. It's strictly an academic school.

Posted September 29, 2014
SCFCS is outstanding. I am thrilled that my daughters are going there. Should be a model for all schools in the country. Great teachers and administration.

Posted June 09, 2014
Outstanding school for those looking to advance and become college ready. This schools is not for everyone. My son was bored silly in regular school and we worried about placing him in this advance school. It was the best thing we could do as he is very challenged and really get the opportunity to do more hands on projects then public schools. The small environment, outstanding teachers and great student body makes this an outstanding opportunity. Many students that attend public high school are moving over to SCFCS for the opportunity to take college courses full time. Many kids by Junior year have all their need requirements for graduation. This school allows them to continue on and receive a two year AA at graduation as well as High School Graduation.

Posted August 24, 2013
My school is State College of Florida Collegiate School and I believe it is the best opportunity in Manatee County to produce children who are college graduates.

Posted January 31, 2013
I'm very glad this opportunity was available for my daughter. This is not your regular school. They are very focus on the real world and I love it, since I want my kids to start thinking of a future in a career that they enjoy!

Posted January 25, 2013
My sn has been at SCFCS since the beginning and it has been awesome for him. He has learned so much! He has learned to think outside the box and organize his time wisely. I would recommend SCFCS highly!

Posted January 23, 2013
The school design works well for my girls. The style teaches them independence, self confidence and self motivation. The technology puts them far above the rest and allows them the flexibility to work and communicate with their teachers easily.

Posted January 23, 2013
The school works well for children that are motivated and independent thinkers, this school is NOT for every child. As a parent, you need to gage your child s interests and use this to decide if this is a good option for them. Extra-curricular activities are limited, this needs to be taken into consideration. The kids work off iPads and the smaller school size helps the kids know all their teachers (and vice versa). Since this is a Charter school, it is the last to start I strongly suggest if you can get your child to school on your own (early) do so. They can use the extra time in the morning to work on projects, get tutoring, etc.. This time is valuable in keeping up with daily tasks, etc.. since they have not been permitted to take home their iPads yet. I have found a significant difference in grades and my children s attitudes based on getting there when the school opens vs. taking the bus that gets the kids there right when school starts. I am very pleased with the results I have seen at the school (this is our third year) and look forward to my family continuing to work with them this truly is a partnership.

Posted January 22, 2013
This is my childs third year at SCFCS. I am very happy with his progress. I like the smaller atmosphere for the kids. SCFCS has 264 students from grades 6 through 9. Next year it will be around 330 with 10th grade added on. There is an 11th grade but the students are on the college campus already.

Posted January 22, 2013
What a wonderful Learning Model! My Student has had the opportunity to grow & be challenged daily. The consistent support from the Learning Coach is GREAT no problems are left unaddressed! The communication is so good and the staff is very responsive to any concerns that come up weather it be safety or academic. My son is very fortunate to have this once in a lifetime opportunity to Grow & Learn in this environment.

State College Of Florida Collegiate School
5840 26th Street West, Bradenton, FL  34207
Last modified State College Of Florida Collegiate School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
State College Of Florida Collegiate School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top