498 students|Manatee

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at SCFCS are all dedicated to making sure my child understands what is being taught before moving on.

Amount of homework: Agree

T he assignments are mostly completed inside the classroom, however they do have some assignments that require a short amount of time at home.

SCFCS is very structured, organized and has small class sizes . LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this school!!! Outstanding staff!

This school strives for academic excellence. My 2 sons attend this school and it is the best decision I have ever made as a parent. The teachers, staff, and advisors are invested in the students and the offering for dual enrollment credits is an opportunity that shouldn't be missed. Full ride scholarships for graduating students to FGCU or USF Sarasota-Manatee.

My kids have been going to this school since 6th grade. They love their teachers and they are motivated to work hard. There is always a teacher around to help them with whatever questions they have. Great school. My kids are now in high school and love the dual program. Excellence! The only downfall is the lack of sports. It's strictly an academic school.

SCFCS is outstanding. I am thrilled that my daughters are going there. Should be a model for all schools in the country. Great teachers and administration.

Outstanding school for those looking to advance and become college ready. This schools is not for everyone. My son was bored silly in regular school and we worried about placing him in this advance school. It was the best thing we could do as he is very challenged and really get the opportunity to do more hands on projects then public schools. The small environment, outstanding teachers and great student body makes this an outstanding opportunity. Many students that attend public high school are moving over to SCFCS for the opportunity to take college courses full time. Many kids by Junior year have all their need requirements for graduation. This school allows them to continue on and receive a two year AA at graduation as well as High School Graduation.

My school is State College of Florida Collegiate School and I believe it is the best opportunity in Manatee County to produce children who are college graduates.

I'm very glad this opportunity was available for my daughter. This is not your regular school. They are very focus on the real world and I love it, since I want my kids to start thinking of a future in a career that they enjoy!

My sn has been at SCFCS since the beginning and it has been awesome for him. He has learned so much! He has learned to think outside the box and organize his time wisely. I would recommend SCFCS highly!

Last modified State College Of Florida Collegiate School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.