742 students|Manatee

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Manatee Charter School 5

Posted March 16, 2016
Great School with excellent academics. The extracurricular activities are wonderful. They have music, drama, and foreign language which is great for my middle school son.

Manatee Charter School 5

Posted August 05, 2015
Great school! Friendly staff. Bilingual staff. Excellent curriculum. Close to home. Very clean. Highly recommend.

Posted April 28, 2015
Parents complain so much about this school. However, some of the parents are part of the problem. They are so rude and think that they can do whatever they want. I say some not all.... I sit and wait in the front office at the end of the day, and I have overheard tons of parents cursing the front office staff out and administration and all they do is smile back. Crazy!!! I commend the front office staff and administration.... I wouldn't want their jobs!!! they are easy targets to blame.... I'm partly responsible for my child's.... learning... Sincerely, Concerned Parent

Posted April 16, 2015
My children have attended this school for two years now. It is a wonderful school and the staff is VERY caring. My only complaints to date are that there are no bus services and their gifted services are lacking, but on par for Manatee county. Aside from those, my family has had a wonderful experience.

Posted August 18, 2014
I moved my son from our district public school to Manatee Charter and so far it's been a huge improvement. The teachers communicate well, the curriculum is challenging, and my son is much happier.

Manatee Charter School 1

Posted August 14, 2014
Manatee Charter-I have mixed reviews I moved my kids to this school due to my oldest being Bullied. This was a great move for him even if the best teacher they had was fed up & left. I pulled him due to the fact that they did not have enough advanced students for a program. This was a DISASTER for my youngest son. The first year he had five different teachers including one that was just giving out A's to every student and not teaching them. The school did have a special summer program for this classroom ...but I think the damage was done. The next year for my son (3rd grade) he had a first year teacher who was very nice but I do not really feel knew how to teach different types of students (everyone learns differently) when she was asked questions we received blank looks. My son now has to repeat the third grade. I feel like a failure and wished that I had start asking questions of the other parents. When I did I found MANY are unhappy. Last night I had to hold my rough tough boy in my arms crying due to having to repeat the third grade. I know that my son and I are also to blame but I feel if you are looking at going to this school DO NOT DO IT!!!

Manatee Charter School 2

Posted June 03, 2014
Manatee Charter (Charter Schools USA) The teaching is great for being a school only open for its second year. The changing of administration this year has been a disaster. Walk in every few months new people at the front. Got People in the cafeteria thinking they are doctors and say your kid has an illness which is not even anything.

Manatee Charter School 1

Posted March 17, 2014
Manatee Charter deserves a rating lower than it's current F. My child attended a year and a half. Prior to MC he was performing above his grade level and in a gifted program. By the time I pulled him, he wasn't passing his benchmarks. In the 5 months since, he is surpassing all elementary students in Manatee County. His class had 5 different teachers in 1 year. The quality of education is very poor. It's not surprising considering you often hear staff complaining about their job, principal, that they don't get a planning period, their not protected by a union and that their classes are too large with ese students being mixed in with the rest. Most emails sent from the office staff contain serious grammar and spelling mistakes. Even the commercial they run on TV has the school's logo spelled Manateee instead of Manatee. At an event I volunteered at teachers spoke openly, laughed, and named a girl that was caught in the bathroom with a boy. The children are screamed at and demoralized. Many teachers publicly humiliate kids. I received a note from one stating "I would appreciate if you didn't reward him for bad behavior." I feel like a FAILURE as a parent for not pulling him sooner.

Manatee Charter School
4550 30th Street East, Bradenton, FL  34203
Last modified Manatee Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.