PK, 9-12|Public district
2,409 students|Manatee

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 31, 2015
They really seem to care a lot about how well my son is doing. Always available to him.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 31, 2015
He's in the honors program and so it's hard for me to judge. He does have his hand's full. Not much time for other activities (well, he plays Lacrosse, sails and engages in track at Manatee High)

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2015
Surprised at the level of difficulty associated with his exams. I hold a doctorate from an IVY League school and at this point in my career, I really can't offer much assistance!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2015
I've have found both the teachers and student body to be exemplary. At age 15, in the 9th grade, I've detected no "attitude" at all as a result of Manatee High. He's remained a really "good, respectful kid".

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted May 31, 2015
Again, my child has had a wonderful experience and has befriended some really fine peers, each who care about how the other one is doing.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2015
I've witnessed nothing else to say anything to the contrary. Everythinh has been very upstanding.

Posted May 31, 2015
Teachers appear very dedicated to wanting their students to excel. My son's in the "Honor Class" and exams do appear quite rigorous. We had wanted him to go "private" although it was his decision, he really likes Manatee High, and he is excelling.

Manatee High School 1

Posted May 20, 2014
Are you kidding me? Charging for graduation? Is this not a public school? Even if I was rich, I wouldn't pay to see a graduation for which I have already paid through fees and taxes. It's the principle for pete's sake. Com' on man! I wish only the worst for the entire administration or whoever came up with this idea. You need fired and never allowed to work in a public setting again as you evidently don't know what it's all about. Geeezzz!

Posted May 10, 2013
I have nothing but great things to say about MHS. I am alumni and my child now attends MHS. He plays football and has had a great experience playing for Coach Kinnan. It's not all about footbal...every Thursday they have a guest speaker after practice for character development. They teach these boys how to go out and be prodeuctive members of society and to strive for the best. My child's teachers do the same and really encourage the student's to do their best. The guidance counselor's are always available to discuss my child's progress and what the steps to take to apply to colleges. Past and current student's that have bad things to say about MHS are the ines that don't get involved whether it be sports, clubs, arts, etc. I know because I used to be that student and now look back and wish I had done more at MHS instead of complaining about wanting to be out of there.

Posted October 20, 2012
I am proud to say my family and I are apart of the manatee family, we just moved to the area and was very nervous about choosing schools for my children. I am very pleased with Manatee High thus far.

1 Hurricane Ln, Bradenton, FL  34205-3299
Last modified Manatee High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.