PK, 9-12|Public district
2,409 students|Manatee

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They really seem to care a lot about how well my son is doing. Always available to him.

Amount of homework: Disagree

He's in the honors program and so it's hard for me to judge. He does have his hand's full. Not much time for other activities (well, he plays Lacrosse, sails and engages in track at Manatee High)

Develops character: Strongly agree

I've witnessed nothing else to say anything to the contrary. Everythinh has been very upstanding.

Teachers appear very dedicated to wanting their students to excel. My son's in the "Honor Class" and exams do appear quite rigorous. We had wanted him to go "private" although it was his decision, he really likes Manatee High, and he is excelling.

Are you kidding me? Charging for graduation? Is this not a public school? Even if I was rich, I wouldn't pay to see a graduation for which I have already paid through fees and taxes. It's the principle for pete's sake. Com' on man! I wish only the worst for the entire administration or whoever came up with this idea. You need fired and never allowed to work in a public setting again as you evidently don't know what it's all about. Geeezzz!

I have nothing but great things to say about MHS. I am alumni and my child now attends MHS. He plays football and has had a great experience playing for Coach Kinnan. It's not all about footbal...every Thursday they have a guest speaker after practice for character development. They teach these boys how to go out and be prodeuctive members of society and to strive for the best. My child's teachers do the same and really encourage the student's to do their best. The guidance counselor's are always available to discuss my child's progress and what the steps to take to apply to colleges. Past and current student's that have bad things to say about MHS are the ines that don't get involved whether it be sports, clubs, arts, etc. I know because I used to be that student and now look back and wish I had done more at MHS instead of complaining about wanting to be out of there.

I am proud to say my family and I are apart of the manatee family, we just moved to the area and was very nervous about choosing schools for my children. I am very pleased with Manatee High thus far.

I couldn't have asked for a better school for my child. From the AP+ Program, to one of the state's best athletic programs, I am ecstatic my child attends this outstanding high school. There are over 40 clubs offered and Manatee is the only "A" high school in the county! There truly is something for everyone to be involved in. I wouldn't ever have my child go to any other school.

There is one word that comes to mind when I think of Manatee, and it's WOW. Manatee High is home to an "A" rated school, a football dynasty, state runner-up cheerleaders, baseball state semi-finalists, a nationally ranked dance team, consistently rated superior bands and over 40 student interest and service clubs. The AP+ program is a college preperatory course of study that truly prepares students for the rigor of college. In every class the teachers' dedication and devotion is extremely apparent as they really want each student to succeed. Manatee truly WOW's me with their tradition of excellence. Look no further than Manatee for an unbelievably great high school.

Manatee High School's commitment to excellence is outstanding. It's a labor of love for the entire school staff, parents, teachers and students to work together for a total commitment to success. Teachers, and staff of the school work together to inspire Manatee High School students with a passion for learning, empower them to pursue their dreams confidently and creatively while contributing to our community, nation and world. It s an honor to nominate my own Alma Mata, Manatee High School

Last modified Manatee High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.