Frances Wakeland Elementary School 1

Posted February 15, 2015
Each year, under the current administration, this school falls further behind. I believe it is currently a D school (2014) after being a C school in 2013, and a B school in 2012.
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 04, 2013
I went here from 1st through 5th grade, and it was a great school. They handled bullying (When it happened) really well, and I learned a lot. I am going into Algebra this year, and it is in part because of Wakeland.

Frances Wakeland Elementary School 3

Posted July 29, 2013
Change in leadership and county cut backs have caused us to rethink our choice of Wakeland. We believe in the IB methodologies, but staff turnover and reduced funding are taking their toll. Factor in that Johnson Middle's IB program is struggling and the incentives to choice to Wakeland are not what they were two years ago.

Posted June 12, 2012
As I look back at my sons first year of school, VPk, I am overwhelmed with the knowledge he has learned. My 4 year old is making sure he is a Risk Taker when trying things for the first time, being principled and caring, and learning how things relate to his own body by the choices he makes and how that personally effects him. The principle is awesome! His teacher was AMAZING. Every Friday you receive a weekly review of what the children has learned. Each child also has a daily agenda to communicate from teacher to parent. I am so thrilled and honor to have my child attending Wakeland !

Posted October 21, 2011
Wakeland Elementary is a wonderful school. Great staff, teachers and administration that truely care about each child. I highly reccomend it to anyone looking for an amazing education for their children.

Posted July 17, 2011
I cannot say enough about this school.The principal and entire staff are 110% committed to the kids. My children love being there and they are growing and becoming internationally minded young people, while being constantly challenged in academics.

Posted October 11, 2010
Can not put into words how amazing this school is. You have to be part of it to undstand it! LOVE WAKELAND

Posted October 11, 2010
My grandson as improved his math, reading, science and all other skills since he has attended Frances Wakeland Elementry School.

Posted October 10, 2010
I love Wakeland IB, because of the whole world learning environment and real world diversity. We have extremely dedicated teachers and a principal that it out of this world.

Posted December 20, 2009
IB program in general is pretty good as it more closely resembles international standards. This school has an excellent leader in principal Dr. Fradley and the teachers follow the leader. The faculty's commitment and energy is obvious. The IB program in other states have been well known and draws so many students that the waiting list could be so long. We feel lucky to have one within reasonable driving distance. Our child is in 2nd grade, had been here since K.

1812 27th Street East, Bradenton, FL  34208
Last modified Frances Wakeland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frances Wakeland Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top