Bradenton, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted August 04, 2013
I went here from 1st through 5th grade, and it was a great school. They handled bullying (When it happened) really well, and I learned a lot. I am going into Algebra this year, and it is in part because of Wakeland.

Frances Wakeland Elementary School 3

Posted July 29, 2013
Change in leadership and county cut backs have caused us to rethink our choice of Wakeland. We believe in the IB methodologies, but staff turnover and reduced funding are taking their toll. Factor in that Johnson Middle's IB program is struggling and the incentives to choice to Wakeland are not what they were two years ago.

Posted June 12, 2012
As I look back at my sons first year of school, VPk, I am overwhelmed with the knowledge he has learned. My 4 year old is making sure he is a Risk Taker when trying things for the first time, being principled and caring, and learning how things relate to his own body by the choices he makes and how that personally effects him. The principle is awesome! His teacher was AMAZING. Every Friday you receive a weekly review of what the children has learned. Each child also has a daily agenda to communicate from teacher to parent. I am so thrilled and honor to have my child attending Wakeland !

Posted October 21, 2011
Wakeland Elementary is a wonderful school. Great staff, teachers and administration that truely care about each child. I highly reccomend it to anyone looking for an amazing education for their children.

Posted July 17, 2011
I cannot say enough about this school.The principal and entire staff are 110% committed to the kids. My children love being there and they are growing and becoming internationally minded young people, while being constantly challenged in academics.

Frances Wakeland Elementary School 0

Posted October 11, 2010
Can not put into words how amazing this school is. You have to be part of it to undstand it! LOVE WAKELAND

Posted October 11, 2010
My grandson as improved his math, reading, science and all other skills since he has attended Frances Wakeland Elementry School.

Frances Wakeland Elementary School 0

Posted October 10, 2010
I love Wakeland IB, because of the whole world learning environment and real world diversity. We have extremely dedicated teachers and a principal that it out of this world.

Posted December 20, 2009
IB program in general is pretty good as it more closely resembles international standards. This school has an excellent leader in principal Dr. Fradley and the teachers follow the leader. The faculty's commitment and energy is obvious. The IB program in other states have been well known and draws so many students that the waiting list could be so long. We feel lucky to have one within reasonable driving distance. Our child is in 2nd grade, had been here since K.

Posted December 15, 2009
This year I moved both my kids to this school and they are loving it. The school is kinda far from our home and we do our own transportation as the school bus does not arrive at our community but it is definitely worth it. Being in technology industry, I consider myself a global worker and not quite sure where my job would take me next, so I wanted my children be taught in such a manner that they could survive anywhere. I believe Wakeland's IB programme provides such skills and exposure to my kids. Principal is great and he knows every kid by his/her name and very hardworking teachers and staff.

Frances Wakeland Elementary School
1812 27th Street East, Bradenton, FL  34208
Last modified Frances Wakeland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frances Wakeland Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top