Bradenton, FL

Posted October 29, 2013
I absolutely loved this school when I went there. Now a sophomore, I often compare teachers I have currently to the caring teachers I had at Harllee, and wish I had the opportunity to participate in as many activities as I did there. The TSA club was spectacular, as was my art class taught by Mrs. Lazar. I was definitely prepared for high school, actually I often found that I was over-prepared. As for Harllee Middle School, I completely and utterly give it a five star rating.

Posted August 19, 2013
Harllee was a frustrating, extremely disappointing experience. In fact, I just received a letter from our School District offering my son a "scholarship" to transfer out of zone because Harllee received a GRADE F by the state. My son has ADHD & Harllee teachers allowed him to sit all day, every day & do nothing. Since they could not motivate him to participate in class, I offered to have him do all his classwork at home, to which they agreed. However, getting them to consistently provide assignments was a nightmare, even after he was approved for the 504 plan that legally bound them to provide me a weekly assignment list. They "say" they encourage parental involvement, but not true. I am able to get my son to work at home, so I know it is possible; yet, they were either unwilling or unable to accomplish that end in an entire year. My son failed 7th grade because Harllee failed him, but thanks to Florida Virtual School, he completed & passed his failed courses. We accepted the scholarship offer & he will be attending a school with an 8 out of 10 rating. We are hopeful now.

Sara Scott Harllee Middle School 4

Posted January 12, 2013
Teachers have a lot of heart at Harllee. Many poor students, struggling learners, and uninvolved parents are a challenge. However, Harllee staff members really care about the kids. Boys and Girls club is on site after school and staffed with many school employees for a safe and fun environment. AVID and LEAD programs are competitive with any other middle school in the district.

Posted November 23, 2008
This school has the a great technology program! Third best in Florida! Problems with this school are very overrated.

Posted January 02, 2008
It was a great leaning experince.

Posted August 01, 2007
harllee middle school is a great school I'm honored that my son and daughter go there

Sara Scott Harllee Middle School 4

Posted August 11, 2005
The school has a very good tech program. The Technology Student Association club at this school is among the top rated in the country. The things heard in the news are not as bad as they may seem. I suggest giving the school a chance.

Posted August 03, 2005
over populated and very difficult to get the teachers to give the kids what they need.

Posted December 10, 2003
This school fails in my opinion. The teachers are more worried about violence in the classrooms than in teaching. Pulled my children out of this school because of the violence.

Sara Scott Harllee Middle School
6423 9th Street East, Bradenton, FL  34203
Last modified Sara Scott Harllee Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sara Scott Harllee Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top