Public charter
Bradenton, FL

Posted October 31, 2012
I absolutely love this school, and better yet my daughter loves it! She enjoys being able to move ahead when she is ready to move ahead in a subject and no longer worries about having to wait for other students to catch up while she gets bored. The principal is very involved in ensuring each child progresses. She isthe only principal I know that greets each student every morning with a smiling face and a happy Hello. Thestudents here have art and science everyday and they love the opportunity to be creative and have fun. They also enjoy their Masterpiece Showcases where each and every student is a star while they put on their performances for the parents and staff. My daughter is so happy here she is doing the best in school that she has ever done and I couldn't be more proud. She really enjoys being able to express her true magnificent unique self! Sara Heuer

Posted October 09, 2012
I am a student who went to msas from k-5 and graduated in 2009 and it is a TERRIBLE school! First things first, the principal has no idea what she is doing and has no rules and no control. The principal hired HER SON to be a teacher there and she lets him do whatever he want to with the class, im not joking, I was in his class 2 years! The second in command in the school who I cannot name because of site rules is completley useless, she wont help anyone who has complaints, I know this because once my mother took me in to talk to her ofter a student threw me against a metal chair and the teacher didnt notice, and I was told to "work it out" with the student who hurt me. The test scores speak for themselves, they are really low, you can look them up. The school is really good at pretending they are a good school and have convinced many parents that it is, but I have been on the inside, and it is horrible. By the way, if a kid tells you it is good, they either dont know what they are talking about, or like the lack of work. From what I hear, its gotten worse since I left, they are now giving nintendo DSIXL's to anyone who enrolls as a bribe! Which they used instead of laptops!

Posted October 06, 2012
Manatee School of Arts and Science is a Excellent school all my children have attended my oldest Michael now 22 my daughter Rachael 16 and now my youngest Ryan 10 all have excelled in school and in life. All of the teachers and staff treat everyone like family. All my children love it there. The principal is wonderful and does great everyone at the door. Each student is walked to their car by teachers and opens the door morning and afternoon. They have great academic programs and I think the field trips are wonderful. Thank you MSAS!

Posted August 15, 2012
A great place for children. We loved our experience at this school. The teachers really care about the students not just academically. The principal greets everyone everyday at the door. My children's teachers replied to all my issues in a timely manner. Most importantly my children loved this school! They got to sing, dance, and be creative!

Posted August 08, 2012
Worst,and I mean By Far the Worst school to Put a Child in ...My Child Was advanced when He/She started At this school ....Before the end of the year could even come I had to Pull My Child Out ....due to My Child falling So far back My Child will be Repeating the Same grade this new school year....Feild Trips "break for Teachers" are just about every month some twice in a month...Fun Raiser's every few weeks ...basically to much going on for childern leaving NO TIME TO LEARN ....Also this School Makes your Children Eat Out side ...Not a big deal right ? Wait until your child comes home Sick every week from eating in the cold Rain or from the Germs ...Food Left in eating area for over a week and NEVER ONCE Did i see anyone Wipe down the eating tables ...there is actually food wedged into the holes of the table ....All in All It is a TOXIC place for Children

Posted April 22, 2010
This school has a toxic environment. The principal needs to resign because she doesn't address the bullying problems at her school. I was told my child needed to grow a 'backbone' by her! I had to pull my child out because of the unsafe environment. He was physically and verbally assualted on nearly daily basis towards the end of his stint at MSAS. Parents BEWARE ... CHARTER schools are different than public schools ... they can do what they want there (the administrators) and get away with it. Oh and by the way, they don't practice Ron Clark's 55 Rules because if they did, they would go back to rule #1: WE ARE FAMILY!!!!

Posted April 14, 2010
I love it because they offer dance and music lessons. I think it is important for students to learn about the arts.

Posted April 08, 2010
This school has a bullying problem and they won't address it. My child was assaulted at school and I was never informed nor did I receive an accident report. All I got was a call stating that I had to agree to get me child counseling and the agreement had to be signed! The principal's policies on how she handles things are inconsistent. I had to pull my child with only two months left before summer break and might I mention that he was an HONOR ROLL student ... all because the school refused to address the bullying going on there.

Posted November 02, 2009
My student was always bored, and acting out at their previous school. When I switched them to Manatee School of Arts and Sciences, Inc. she came alive. Projects are relevant to their everyday life and interests. Studies culminates with trips that excite her and make her want to do the work that allows her to a movie, or on a field trip, or to a special party related to their studies. This school is so unique and looks at each child as an indidvidual and provides help when needed on a one on one basis. I have never seen a more caring administration or staff. Each child is special and important at MSAS.

Posted October 09, 2009
It is a awsome school! Mr.J is awsome Mrs. Jolly is a great principal!

Manatee School Of Arts/Sciences
3700 32nd Street West, Bradenton, FL  34205
Last modified Manatee School Of Arts/Sciences is a Charter school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manatee School Of Arts/Sciences Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top