Lakewood Ranch High School 1

Posted December 10, 2014
My child has been disrespected on a number of accounts. One of their deans, Ms. Astraman has shown unprofessional behavior before, during, and after school hours. It seems the principal has taken no steps to do anything about this situation. She represents this school, and if disrespect is how she treats the parents and students after school hours, I can't imagine how she is during school hours. If you're going to work in a school full of kids, don't act as one.

Posted January 10, 2014
Lakewood ranch high school is an amazing school. They have a lot to get involved in, and most of the kids their are nice. The teachers are great too they help you reach your goals they are really encouraging to all of their students. Lakewood ranch high school has the most school spirit that I've ever seen in a high school they are also an A school. It's one of the best schools that I've been to and I'm not leaving any time soon.

Posted January 23, 2013
. We were undecided on public school when coming to Manatee County from Clay County, outside Jacksonville, FL, and a private school, but with A-rated schools here in Lakewood Ranch, we gave them a try. All have been very good, if not better. He was given the opportunity to earn high school credit in middle school to bring to LRHS in order to take a more rigorous course load once in high school. This advancement has made a strong impact in his striving for higher levels of learning with AP. My oldest son is currently in 10th grade at LRHS. He has had the opportunity to challenge himself academically as much as he wants. He brought over 5 classes from middle school and has now taken 4 AP classes and 1 dual enrollment class (college.) He is able to choose the classes that suit his individual needs, and the AP classes and dual-enrollment have been quite rigorous, but he is getting a wonderful education and will get college credit upon successful passing of the AP Exams at YE. He is socially and academically happy at LRHS. We struggled with the decision on choosing an IB Program, but our son is happy SOCIALLY, and the AP Program is GREAT! This was the best choice for HIM.

Lakewood Ranch High School 4

Posted October 23, 2011
I believe that overall, Lakewood Ranch High School is a fairly good school and I have enjoyed my time here at LRHS. Based on personal experiences: Highlights of LRHS: They have a fantastic TV Production program, and have a morning news show Lakewood Live, thanks to Mr. Stedman. They have a great sports program. If you are in Band or orchestra this is the school for you. They have all kinds of clubs to choose from as well as many opportunities to earn your volunteer hours. Their are some truly amazing teachers, some of my favorites are Mrs. Austerman, Coach Thomas, and Coach Sponsel. Some parts of the school are very nice: the upstairs classrooms, the auditorium, the gym, and the football feild. Some of my least favorite things about LRHS: The bathrooms are aweful, and everytime I go in it reeks of cigarette smoke. The school lunches are not the best, so bring your own lunch. Some of the teachers really should not be teaching. In all my time being here I have not once seen or heard the principle, and don't even know who she is. Teachers give ridiculous amounts of homework. The campus is a bit dirty, and some of the classes are in portables.

Posted March 24, 2010
New principal has re-energized the staff and students to achieve maxium potential

Posted February 06, 2010

Posted August 31, 2009

Lakewood Ranch High School 1

Posted July 08, 2009

Lakewood Ranch High School 4

Posted June 20, 2009
I love this school. It is a little small for the population of students attending, but isn't as bad as everyone said it was. New schools in the area have helped with the class size. If you are into drama or band, their programs are superior. The campus is relatively clean, the cell phone policy is extremely strict and the dress code is strict too. The teachers are pretty good, overall well rounded, some hard, some 'easy A'. Watch out for Mrs. Thomas, Mr. Thomas though is one of the best. Overall an excellent school. Oh, yeah... Pack your own lunch.

Lakewood Ranch High School 3

Posted June 14, 2009
I liked LWR, and went there this year as a freshman. They have some great clubs, and programs there. I am very much involved in the performing arts, and I did showchoir there with the chorus teacher Ms. Bond, and loved it. (who is amazing!!!) On the other hand, I ran into some problems with some other freshaman girls. I wish the school was a bit more.... serious. But other than that I cant complain. Had a great time! Wont be returning, due to having my heart set on another school, but it was a great experience.

Lakewood Ranch High School
5500 Lakewood Ranch Boulevard, Bradenton, FL  34211
Last modified Lakewood Ranch High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakewood Ranch High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top