Bradenton, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted October 13, 2013
This is my 7th year with a student at Rowlett. What I appreciate most are the love for learning and the understanding of how to meet the needs of students (not just administer whatever is required by the county and state). The teachers are highly committed and passionate. There are many different opportunities for growth and learning outside the traditional classroom. The sense of community among teachers, students and staff is strong. I hope that the values my son learned and pride in his school last a lifetime.

Posted October 11, 2013
We have a daughter in 3rd grade, she"s been their ever since kindergarten. We are very pleased with this school, especially with the teachers and the principal. We have talked with other parent's about the school and they all say the same thing, they all say they love the school. We haven't heard anything negative about the school. I would recommend anyone that's thinking about sending their kids to Rowlett Elementary. I would rate this school a A++++++.

Posted October 10, 2013
Do you want your child at a semi-faceless school, or do you want your child at a school where almost everyone there knows your child's name? Rowlett is an amazing school that proves the idea that children should come first. This school provides an education for students that goes beyond the normal local elementary school. The extras this school manages to provide, through parental funding and a caring staff (both paid and volunteers), are life-learning experiences the children take with them when they leave. They learn Spanish every year, they are afforded after school activities, there are caring professionals ready to help your child through any problem they may face, and supporting teachers there for your children and you, too, if you need extra support. I have one son who has graduated from Rowlett and another with two years to go. We started out at a different school and choiced into Rowlett, and there isn't a day that we haven't rejoiced at that decision.

Posted October 10, 2013
If you are looking for the BEST school in Florida look no further. The focus is on educating the whole child, providing positive reinforcement and as much enrichment and extra curricular activities your child can manage. The school community shares a positive, corporative and respectful approach from: the Principal/Assistant Principal, Teachers, Para Professionals, Cafeteria Staff, Maintenance Crew, Parents, Volunteers and Students. Rowlett Elementary was best summed up by a former teacher when she said: Rowlett is one voice many verses. You will not be disappointed by making the Choice for Rowlett. Next year, Rowlett will be a Charter School and the future is looking brighter.

Posted October 10, 2013
We could not be happier with our choice in schools for our children. The fact that Rowlett is now going to be a Not-for-profit Charter School is a bonus. The school district in Manatee County is lacking in leadership and knowing that our children's school will be under the control of people who care deeply about children and education takes away the need for worry. I wish they'd consider expanding into the middle school grade levels. It will be hard to replace Rowlett as our children progress in school.

Posted October 09, 2013
The thing about this school that makes it so special is the school community, made up of dedicated teachers, supportive administration and active parents. Rowlett really supports the education of the whole child, academically, socially, emotionally and physically. An added plus are the many extra's like Odyssey of the Mind, TSA, Drama, Dance, etc. I could not ask for a better start for my children!

Posted October 09, 2013
In a time with high stakes testing, Rowlett focuses on educating the complete student. The core classes as well as the arts are all encouraged and supported at Rowlett. Also, all grades from K-5 have Spanish 3 times a week. The staff and faculty love and support the students and go that extra mile. The school is a family and it is wonderful to see staff, faculty , admin and parents working together to educated their children. I love this school and only wish it went thru middle school.

Posted October 09, 2013
It is such a privilege to take my kids to Rowlett every day. I know when I am dropping my daughters off that they are in the hands of a community that cares about them and their success. The administration, teachers and staff are all wonderful. They do such a great job of making learning and school fun.

Posted October 09, 2013
Rowlett is an arts and communications themed magnet school which is also 100% school choice. The school environment is focused on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and this theme is visible throughout the entire culture. Student academics are NOT based on one-size fits all but rather meets the needs of all types of learners. The staff are warm and friendly and it seems more like a home rather than a public institution. I am honored to not only be a teacher at Rowlett, but have witnessed the success of my three nieces throughout their education at Rowlett Magnet Elementary School. Visit their website for more information...you will not be disappointed.

Posted October 09, 2013
I am the Gifted teacher at Rowlett Elementary School. I am blessed to affect the lives of over 140 wonderful students a week in grades 1st-5th grade. Rowlett is an amazing place to work. No matter what is going on in the World, I get to work and I feel happy and safe. When my smiling students enter my Discovery classroom I experience feelings of joy and gratitude. Rowlett has no discipline problems, because the students are so engaged in inquiry learning and STEAM projects, they are thrilled to be at school and strive to do their best each day. When the regular school day is done, over 700 of our students participate in free enrichment classes that include everything from learning how to cook, to playing the violin, yoga, and even gardening! The staff at Rowlett is a family. We are here for each other to share teaching experiences, and knowledge so that we can provide the best well-rounded education for our students. Our Parents are our raving fans, and volunteer in so many ways. When funding was taken away for a media specialist, our parents volunteered to run the media center everyday. Rowlett is a fabulous place to work and educate our future leaders of America.

Rowlett Magnet Elementary School
3500 9th Street East, Bradenton, FL  34208
Last modified Rowlett Magnet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rowlett Magnet Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top