Brandon High School 3

Posted September 23, 2013
My school is Brandon High School. My daughter just started the ninth grade this scholar year 2013

Posted August 16, 2013
Brandon High School was a turn around school for me. I started high school at Robinson high. There was a lot of fights and a lot of other negative things going on. But at the end of the day it is based on the choices that the student makes. I was transferred to Brandon High my senior year and I graduated on time and was able to exempt exams for the first time during high school because of the awesome grades that I was earning! All in all, everyone's experience is what they make of it. I have children who I plan on sending to Brandon when the time comes because I am confident that they will make wise decisions and not start high school off the way that I did. With that being said, Brandon is a GREAT SCHOOL! GO EAGLES!

Brandon High School 5

Posted May 01, 2013
I have two teenagers that attended Brandon High School with different results. The eldest admits today that she wasted her education by making poor choices. Now in college and doing well, she says she wishes she would have been more involved in extracurricular activities and made better choices for herself academically and socially. The younger one is now ending his sophomore year at Brandon High School. He has made wise choices academically and socially. He is involved in extracurricular activities, honors and AP classes, and AVID. There are wonderful teachers and staff at the school willing to assist those who want to be helped. High school is what you decide to make of it. If you get involved in the school's activities and choose friends wisely, you can have an amazing experience. If you choose not to get involved and have a horrible experience, than at least understand that you made that choice. Thank you and I do hope you choose to enjoy your four years of high school !!

Posted October 19, 2012
My girl graduated from Brandon this past school year. She had great teachers and not so great. Like anything else the experience is what you make it. Hold your child responsible for their actions and hold the school responsible for theirs. Be involved and on top of what your child is or is NOT doing. If you never walk through the doors and talk to the staff, then you can get a nasty surprise. The administration will hold teachers accoutable if they do not do what they are supposed to, they will hold the students responsible. They have fought to keep the arts in the school. A great Band director (no crap alllowed), Theater and Art teachers. A few too many "clubs". Overall, I never worried about her walking in the door.

Brandon High School 5

Posted July 26, 2012
Don't use the race card here! Brandon is a good school..Maybe just maybe the PARENTS should get more involved in what the kids are doing...Don't blame it on the teachers!!

Brandon High School 1

Posted August 17, 2011
We didn't want to send our child to this school due to hearing that there were alot of fights there. Reluctantly our child went to school at Brandon High last year. She got in with the wrong crowd, was suspended and into serious trouble due to this. We had to withdraw her from this school. Never again will we allow our child to go to this school. We do not recommend this school.

Brandon High School 1

Posted February 16, 2010

Brandon High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
My son's school is really trying to keep him focused... They work with him and make sure that he is achieving his goals to get into college. I really admire this school for their teachers and hard work.

Posted July 24, 2009

Posted July 24, 2009
I'm an alumni, graduated '07. Compared to the other schools in this area BHS may not be amazing when it comes to academics. However, if you as a student, are striving for good grades, you will be able to do it. The teachers seem to only help those who want to help themselves and I think that teaches character, strength, and a lot about reality. I loved my time at this school. The only thing I can say that they need to improve on are the guidance counselors. They didn't seem to have any idea what they were talking about when I was looking into colleges and other schooling. It's a minor problem. I'm sure if you're looking into the schools your child is going to now you won't have any problem finding that type of information for yourself. This school has amazing extracurriculars. Something for everyone.

Brandon High School
1101 Victoria Street, Brandon, FL  33510
Last modified Brandon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brandon High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top