Brandon, FL

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted May 26, 2015
As stated in my previous comments, these teachers are dealing with the product of bad parenting and bad behavior. They're ineffective because the inmates are running the asylum, but not because they're generally bad teachers. In fact, I feel sorry for them. They're only human.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted May 26, 2015
Please see prior comments. They pretty much sum it all up. Homework is almost nonexistent at McLane.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted May 26, 2015
My child came from Stewart Middle Magnet school because he wanted to get into the robotics program at McLane. The teachers at Stewart made diligent use of Edsby where McLane rarely uses it at all. At Stewart, daily homework could be counted on. At McLane, it can be counted on that none will be assigned. At Stewart, my child was challenged and engaged, at McLane he's barely passing because he's neither.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 26, 2015
See previous comments. Racism is rampant at this school and is most likely indicative of the parenting these kids are getting at home.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 26, 2015
My child is multi-racial (1/4 African American) and the race blind upbringing I gave my kids has been all-but dashed due to daily racial sleights and insults hurled his way by African American students. I'm having to now go back and reinforce what I taught at younger ages, that not people are people and not all people of one race are bad. Compassion? Caring? Empathy? Tough to have when kids are hurling racism at you on a daily basis.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 26, 2015
Administration seems unable or unwilling to deal with severe problems including theft, violence, and race issues. When a kid finally has had enough of being bullied and strikes back, it's the bully that gets the lighter punishment (or in many cases, none at all).

Mclane Middle School 1

Posted March 25, 2015
This school is absolutely horrible my kids have not been going to this school long and have already gotten into a fight and are threatened almost daily with threats of being jumped. The staff doesn't care and neither does the bus driver these are people that we are suppose to trust to keep our children safe, they allow this type of behavior. They smoke weed in the school and bring it on the bus. I send my kids to school to learn not to be bullied. It's sad that the Hillsborough County School District sits back and does absolutely nothing.

Mclane Middle School 1

Posted February 12, 2015
Mclane middle school has bullies that get away with betting up other students. If you are a parent think twice before sending your student here they will get hurt.

Mclane Middle School 5

Posted October 17, 2014
Wow this year the teachers are really strict I think they have to be really strict to the students this year to focuse better and learn more the consequences are way better.

Mclane Middle School 5

Posted October 06, 2014
I love this school my daughter comes home and says "i love my school I love the rules helps me focus better" and ever since she went she hasn't complained she is very excited everday to go to school she says its a good school I do believe her iI looked at the rules and this year I can tell they are going to be successful goes to a D school to B or better hopefully more kids join McLane

306 North Knights Avenue, Brandon, FL  33510
Last modified Mclane Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mclane Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 87 reviews. Top