Brandon, FL

Posted March 25, 2015
This school is absolutely horrible my kids have not been going to this school long and have already gotten into a fight and are threatened almost daily with threats of being jumped. The staff doesn't care and neither does the bus driver these are people that we are suppose to trust to keep our children safe, they allow this type of behavior. They smoke weed in the school and bring it on the bus. I send my kids to school to learn not to be bullied. It's sad that the Hillsborough County School District sits back and does absolutely nothing.

Posted February 12, 2015
Mclane middle school has bullies that get away with betting up other students. If you are a parent think twice before sending your student here they will get hurt.
6 people found this helpful

Posted October 17, 2014
Wow this year the teachers are really strict I think they have to be really strict to the students this year to focuse better and learn more the consequences are way better.

Posted October 06, 2014
I love this school my daughter comes home and says "i love my school I love the rules helps me focus better" and ever since she went she hasn't complained she is very excited everday to go to school she says its a good school I do believe her iI looked at the rules and this year I can tell they are going to be successful goes to a D school to B or better hopefully more kids join McLane

Posted October 06, 2014
Best school ever my son can finally focus more because of the rules gos bless this school.

Mclane Middle School 3

Posted September 26, 2014
I have to agree with the post from August. My daughter is also in the 6th grade @ McLane. Every morning when she is getting ready for school, she gets sick. I really think it's her nerves. Back when i was in Middle School, there wasn't much bullying to worry about, nor was there so much crime. I think many kids are afraid to go to school nowadays....to the point it's making them ill. My daughter has asked me several time to be home schooled, but her dad & I work, so we can't do it. I want her to love school !

Mclane Middle School 2

Posted September 25, 2014
McLane is a school on the move. An emphasis on high expectations has begun to transform this school into a middle school to be proud of. Great work by the principal and staff in creating an environment of respect and achievement.

Posted August 19, 2014
I'm so afraid for my son in this school. He has been nervous since he started in the 6th grade. Don't like this school kids be bullied a lot. And scare for my son is not good when you don't have another choice of school when this is the school you have assign. need other options
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 19, 2014
since my kid start going to McLane he's behavior change he's attitude change is like I have another boy at my house. The teachers at McLane are not professional...McLane is the worse school
4 people found this helpful

Posted April 08, 2014
no communication between school staff and parents, also teacher are very disrespectful in front of your child. Teachers curse and bring their boyfriends with them
2 people found this helpful

Mclane Middle School
306 North Knights Avenue, Brandon, FL  33510
Last modified Mclane Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mclane Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 93 reviews. Top