Brandon, FL

Brooker Elementary School 3

Posted May 15, 2015
This school is average. The teachers are nice, and the school is sufficient. The front staff are nice on their good days. The principal is a Gestapo!! Taking it upon herself to dictate what she may feel is "right for your child". As long as you drone along and do things the way they want them done, you will love this school, but decide you want to take your kid to see family during school time, or that waiting in the 30 min plus car line is not your thing so you make your child a walker instead and you have to get a phone call from the Gestapo to tell you she thinks that is not in the best interest, not my cup of tea, I can decide what is in the best interest of myself and my family, and she can remain a Gestapo within the confines of her school property.

Brooker Elementary School 4

Posted July 23, 2014
Brooker Elem. this is a good school for learning.This is my childs third year.I am looking forward to another year.

Brooker Elementary School 1

Posted March 17, 2014
We moved our child to Brooker this year as she was on special assignment at another HCPS. Wish we had made the change to Brooker many years ago. The principal is excellent and helps put education at the forefront. Many extra curricular activities are offered after school hours. AAAA+++++ School

Posted August 16, 2013
Excellent A school for the past eight years!!! with great teachers and a very caring staff!! Outstanding school year for our daughter...The Teachers vs. Students Soccer game was great, so was the 5th grade Bash and Epcot Trip!! Outstanding!!! Thanks for a wonderful year!! KUDOS

Posted August 21, 2012
My daughter is now in the second grade at Brooker Elementary and she loves it. We have had wonderful teachers that warm and loving, creating a wonderful environment for learning. All of my daughter's teachers have been at Brooker for at least 5 years or more. This speaks volumes about the school and the principal. I also love the charm of an older school like Brooker.

Posted February 16, 2011
Excellent school. My son is in 1st grade now and doing splendidly. The teachers are awesome. They keep us updated about student performance and take great care in every regard of the student's welfare.Every parent is welcome to get involved in the school activities. PTA is great.All the staff members are great.

Brooker Elementary School 4

Posted February 02, 2010
Great school..The teachers were fantastic and very involved. My daughter attended for two years, kindergarten and first grade. I loved how secure the children were, very safe. The school had constant activities for parents and family to be involved in and were had constant updates about the schools happenings. I am out of state now and in a new school and I'm not very happy with it doesn't come close to Brooker. I still communicate with my daughters old teachers and miss the school very much.

Posted May 15, 2009
Great administration!! Amazing, caring teachers!! We've had wonderful experience at Brooker!

Posted December 04, 2008
From the principal , to her office staff, to all of the teachers, my grandson has had over the past 3yrs have ALL been superior, caring individuals. Every one of the staff have gone way above the norm. The teachers help the students in the AM and PM after school which benefits the children. I have seen little if no staff changes over the past 3yrs. They all seem to be in high spirits & Ms. Lacey is always involved & does a demanding job so well. Our schools are teaching/shaping our future generation/leaders. A teacher does not do this job for the salary - but with her/his heart. Wouldn't it be nice if we paid them what they are owed.

Posted September 30, 2008
I have 2 sons one went to Kingswood Elementary and one went to Brooker Elementary. I can tell you first hand that Brooker is far superior than Kingswood and for that matter most any elemtary school I have seen period. They have great smart caring teachers, a long history of super parent support, and a friendly atmosphere with outstanding leadership. The only knock on the school is - Principle leadership and school spirit noticibaly dropped off when they lost their top leader Mr. Peppi - He was awesome!

Brooker Elementary School
812 Dewolf Road, Brandon, FL  33511
Last modified Brooker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brooker Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top