609 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 25, 2016
We are thankful for all of our childrens teachers this year at Kingswood. Ms. Perdue is a 3rd grade teacher who goes over and beyond for her students. She encompasses academics along with elementary school pride, respect and fun. Ms. Perdue has made herself available whenever necessary. We ensure that we keep the lines of communication open between us at all times when it comes to our child. I can attest to Ms. Perdue taking the time for her students even if they didn't have the desire for themselves. Ms. Perdue teaches with a passion which includes, compassion, respect, directness and creativity to get the best out of her students. Ms. Perdue is a teacher who shows her students that she truly cares about how they do academically by encouraging them to do and be there best. We are missing more teachers like Ms. Perdue as educators - because she focuses on the whole student (mind, body and soul). We are truly grateful for all that she has done and continues to do for her 3rd grade class. All Ms. Perdue requires of her students is to put their best efforts forth and she is willing to go over and beyond to ensure that they have the necessary items to get the task completed.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted April 14, 2016
Thank you to Mrs. Cathy the lady in the front office and how well you answered my questions.

Kingswood Elementary School 2

Posted April 14, 2016
Yet another principal change and things still remain the same with horrible last minute communication or no communication at all! The Assistant Principal Mr. Ritchie (who is wonderful) should be the principal, because the new principal Ms. Lisa Amos is never there to hear your concerns. I came to the school twice this week/(also I am there every morning dropping off and NO PRINCIPAL IN SIGHT) and she wasn't there both times that I came about a situation about a student bullying my child in the Cafeteria. The Cafeteria is utter chaos...kids screaming, throwing food, and hitting with only 1 attendant monitoring 100 students. (No administration in sight and they expect 1 woman to monitor that many kids?) I wrote a letter to the Superintendent then and only then did Ms. Amos finally contact me back. Ms. Amos is very unorganized (papers piled high and scattered all over her desk) and she knew nothing about my child even though she suspended my child for defending himself from a bully. Kingswood has gone down drastically; likewise, there's no PTA participation and maybe 2 or 3 parents who volunteer which is probably because of the poor leadership. This school would be awesome if they found a great principal who cares about their job and knows how to manage a school instead of dodge it!

Kingswood Elementary School 4

Posted June 30, 2014
I am so excited for the upcoming school year! This school seems to be headed in the right direction! New Principal that is awesome, an Asst. Principal that is awesome and a new PTA Board that is awesome! The new stuff for PTA is very exciting as it has not been a functional PTA for the past 2 years. Their new website is terrific and very informative which is exciting as the last one was quite dysfunctional! Looking forward to a very POSITIVE and exciting new school year!!! Kudos to the new PTA ladies, you certainly have been busy!! Thanks for all you have done and are going to do for our school! I will now get involved in PTA!!!

Kingswood Elementary School 4

Posted June 30, 2014
This school has made such a turn-around in the past year and I can't wait to see what this coming year brings. The new principal loves the kids but is also a no-nonsense type of person. She keeps track of everything that is going on at the school and if she doesn't have an immediate answer for you, she will find it quickly. For any of the parents that are not happy with the change, all she asks is that you sit down and get to know her. I bet your attitude will change. There is finally a very collaborative PTA board and that will make a world of difference. I cannot wait for the new school year.

Kingswood Elementary School 5

Posted March 01, 2014
I came on this website to read some reviews and I am appalled about the parent(s) complaining of the new principal. (Seems like the same person submitting the review). First of all the school was going down hill thus the reason this new principal was brought in Dec 2012. The new principal is like no other. She was brought to the school to bring order to a school that was not doing well. This is my child's first year and wow what a difference. I see how the children love her and she is focused on the children. Please please don't let the negative comments pertaining to the new principal per away you in any way. How could a principal having a calender be a bad thing. I hope she does to be more effective. There are more than 600 children and quite a few parents and more than one will want to see at one given moment so a calender would bring organization!! Self centered people can't think that far. This is a great school great staff and great teachers!!

Kingswood Elementary School 5

Posted March 01, 2014

Posted February 26, 2014
I have had my kids here for two years and have to say things have really changed there. I like the assistant principal and he goes above and beyond to help the children and the parents to be successful there. I loved the school last year until December 2013 when the new principal took over, the atmosphere has changed so much. The teachers are very good and try within what they can but the principal does not lead the team, she is a dictator type and we are losing good teachers. This school was an A school and one reason we chose this school. Now is a C school....hmmm wonder what you think about that because I think it is so sad!!

Posted February 25, 2014
I am a parent of a student at Kingswood Elementary. I have had a very bad experience with the new Principal. We first spent the first 5 months of 2014 without even seeing her around in the hallways greeting the students and parents in the morning. We all new she was there but she didn't make herself available or approachable. During this time the face of the school was the Vice Principal who is a great person and really tries to assist the parents with any issues or concerns. He has always made himself available. This new principal came to rule with an iron fist , you are not a good leader when your staff fears you. We lost so many teachers last school year who didn't want to come back for this school year. And now they were not all bad apples. There is a lot of unhappiness with the way the principal leads the school and we are loosing more teacher for next school year who do not want to work under her. As parents we are not notified of certain activities with our children at the school because they don't want us there. Now to speak to the principal you have to talk to her secretary to make an appointment because her agenda is full.

Posted February 25, 2014
Kingswood Elementary was a good school prior to the new principle taking over. This school went from being an A rated school to a C rated school in a year. The principle does not care about the students, teachers or parents. She does not take responsibility for her actions and when confronted about them she blames others at the school. Many teachers have left because they do not agree with the way she interacts with people. When you ask to meet with her, she never has time, and until you dont contact the school board she wont reach out to you and when she does she has an attitude about it. There needs to be a drastic change done at this school, beginning with the principle.

3102 South Kings Avenue, Brandon, FL  33511
Last modified Kingswood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.